Fables - The Wolf Ammong Us - from Telltale

13»

Comments

• brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sOOO!
    At the end, was that hinting Narissa was involved more than she led on? At least, I thought that was what the voice over was hinting at. I chose to follow her... but maybe it was for a quicky, or something?!?! Either way, I hope it doesn't effect Bigby's relationship with Snow next season. Sort of said that Snow ended up giving him the cold shoulder, though... Oh well. OR ! Since the flashback mentioned Faith disguising herself, was it really Narissa who died in Episode 1? And she was disguised as Faith? and really Narissa is Faith (at the end of E5!)??!?!?

Some theories are even suggesting that Narissa is Bloody Mary and she concocted the entire scheme. It would explain why Crooked Man was so shocked to see her.

I chose to imprison Crooked Man. I wanted to rip his head off, but I didn't wanna make Snow even more mad at Bigby :p
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    :o That Ending!!!!
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    brb wrote: »
    sOOO!
    At the end, was that hinting Narissa was involved more than she led on? At least, I thought that was what the voice over was hinting at. I chose to follow her... but maybe it was for a quicky, or something?!?! Either way, I hope it doesn't effect Bigby's relationship with Snow next season. Sort of said that Snow ended up giving him the cold shoulder, though... Oh well. OR ! Since the flashback mentioned Faith disguising herself, was it really Narissa who died in Episode 1? And she was disguised as Faith? and really Narissa is Faith (at the end of E5!)??!?!?

Some theories are even suggesting that Narissa is Bloody Mary and she concocted the entire scheme. It would explain why Crooked Man was so shocked to see her.

I chose to imprison Crooked Man. I wanted to rip his head off, but I didn't wanna make Snow even more mad at Bigby :p
    I don't know what to think, I'm bloody confused! My initial thought was that Nerissa = Faith, that's what the dialogue at the end seemed to be implying, but then which one is actually dead? I'm guessing Faith in that case but I don't know. I feel like the photos in the factory were significant but I didn't really pay much attention to them. It's a great ending from Telltale and I hope there's a second season. I'm definitely going to play it all through from the start so I can have a different perspective on it all.

Other than that, I chose to let Georgie suffer and I threw The Crooked Man down the Witching Well as I didn't want to give people more reason to dislike me after I killed Tweedle Dum. I loved the discussion at the end, at times I genuinely felt like he was going to win the crowd over.

One thing that was odd was right at the end where I said "I hope I've done some good" and only like 17% of people said that! Seemed like I was one of the few do-gooders. :p
    Forum Member
    Oh and I forgot to mention one other thing:
    Bigby turning into an actual giant wolf was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoying this I think the voice acting is brilliant too on par with TWD.

But I felt so bad after I
    slapped Toad what a character he is.

Just starting the 3rd Episode now :)
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Played episodes 1, 2 & 3 yesterday, really enjoying it. :)

I did encounter a bug at the start of episode 3 where it said "this choice is blank" for all the dialogue options and it wouldn't let me progress so I had to re-start the episode. Other than that, I think it's great!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do your choices have knock on effects onto next episodes?
    Forum Member
    Do your choices have knock on effects onto next episodes?

Not fundamentally, but people will speak to you differently based on your previous actions.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The voice acting for Georgie is probably the worst i've encountered in a TT game. Not sure if he's from Oldham, Bradford, London, or a secret Wildling from Beyond the Wall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finished Ep 5. It wasn't as good as I was hoping for, left me disappointed. My main problem with the game is that it felt like it was going through the motions of:

1)Enter a room/scene, click everything there is to click, have cutscene.

2)Quickly choose an option in dialogue (the illusion of choice was greater than in other TT games I felt), have cutscene.

3)Get in a fight, do some QTE prompts, have cutscene.

It felt like a game on conveyor belt. Back To The Future had it's inventiveness, Puzzle Agent it's quirkiness, and The Walking Dead Season 1 it's emotion. In all 3 there was a modicum of exploration and also puzzles.

I can only remember 1 puzzle in Season 1 of TWAO, and zero exploration. You were plumped in small rooms or areas and you clicked on items. In BTTF you could walk around town squares. I liked the lore in Extras, and the characters turning into their true form, but the game overall left me disappointed tbh.

I seem to be in a minority, but I preferred the 3 games I mentioned above.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with your point 2. Sometimes I felt like I was being rushed into a decision before I even finish listening to what I was meant to be replying too. I do wonder how much your choices effect the game, though. Like for example, you get the option to kill Crooked Man before bringing him back - What happens then? That's like a good 10-15 minutes cut off the episode?, for example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread just for this, but since it's the same developer.

On Back To The Future how can one turn off this horrible pop up that covers a quarter of the screen telling you what so obviously to do next, I can't play with it on it's to annoying :(
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Finished Ep 5. It wasn't as good as I was hoping for, left me disappointed. My main problem with the game is that it felt like it was going through the motions of:

1)Enter a room/scene, click everything there is to click, have cutscene.

2)Quickly choose an option in dialogue (the illusion of choice was greater than in other TT games I felt), have cutscene.

3)Get in a fight, do some QTE prompts, have cutscene.

It felt like a game on conveyor belt. Back To The Future had it's inventiveness, Puzzle Agent it's quirkiness, and The Walking Dead Season 1 it's emotion. In all 3 there was a modicum of exploration and also puzzles.

I can only remember 1 puzzle in Season 1 of TWAO, and zero exploration. You were plumped in small rooms or areas and you clicked on items. In BTTF you could walk around town squares. I liked the lore in Extras, and the characters turning into their true form, but the game overall left me disappointed tbh.

I seem to be in a minority, but I preferred the 3 games I mentioned above.

I do sort of agree. In the first episode there was a bit where you had to snoop around Toads house to prove he was lying. I really liked this bit and it felt like i was actually doing something rather than just going trough the conveyor belt. If they could have combined more procedural detective game play with the stellar writing and characters then it would have been a much better game,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I didn't want to make a new thread just for this, but since it's the same developer.

On Back To The Future how can one turn off this horrible pop up that covers a quarter of the screen telling you what so obviously to do next, I can't play with it on it's to annoying :(

In options you can turn off: Hint level, Pop Up Text (not subtitles), and Goals Pop Up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't do anything, here this it's ridiculous http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/Superstar_DJ/shite.jpg