Options

Well done Corrie for the most far-fetched and funniest story EVER!

dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
Forum Member
✭✭
You have to hand it to Corrie. I know they like to inject some humour into there stories but that whole fiasco of Jim robbing the bank was without the most funniest and stupidest thing Corrie have EVER done and yes I am thinking of Tracey getting out of a murder sentence the way she did, Joe and Gail and that boat and Clare's amazing getaway.
For a start where was the mask, he goes to rob a bank in a hat and thinks he will get away with it.
Second doesnt he think that the women will press the buzzer under her desk. Its the most obvious thing.
Third, How did no one else see the gun till he pushed into that women as he was walking out
and talking of that fight or what ever it was meant to be, absolutely laughable and just plain stupid
When Corrie do things like this then its no wonder they never win big at awards. Just a shame as Jim is a great character but that seriously was one of the worse moments in Corrie history.

Comments

• Options
    square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    I don't disagree, but all soaps however have suspension of reality.

However, on the first point, did you seriously expect him to put a balaclava on, stand there in the queue with the others until 'cashier number 1' called him over ? :D
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was tremendously silly.:D

If Jim wanted to get enough money for the pub he should have just become a crack addict for a few weeks, he'd be able to afford a new house too.;)
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I don't disagree, but all soaps however have suspension of reality.

However, on the first point, did you seriously expect him to put a balaclava on, stand there in the queue with the others until 'cashier number 1' called him over ? :D

LOL! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was tremendously silly.:D

If Jim wanted to get enough money for the pub he should have just become a crack addict for a few weeks, he'd be able to afford a new house too.;)

Indeed. :p
  • Options
    MrBingMrBing Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't funny, it was just stupid.
  • Options
    fred68fred68 Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I agree 100%, but just wait until the next soap awards when all the usual Corrie suspects will be gutted and shouting "fix" :rolleyes::D;)
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They have no right to complain producing utter crap like that bank robbery and the awful Graham and Xin plot, thank god for Carla in tonights ep otherwise i wudnt bother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fred68 wrote: »
    I agree 100%, but just wait until the next soap awards when all the usual Corrie suspects will be gutted and shouting "fix" :rolleyes::D;)

As long as I enjoy Corrie that's all that matters. :)
  • Options
    john176bramleyjohn176bramley Posts: 25,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All Jim has to do is nobble the witnesses and get someone to steal the CCTV footage and he'll be out of the 'big hause' in no time.

Or does that sound too far fetched?
  • Options
    SandgrownunSandgrownun Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Wonder if his plan was to then go across the road to his own bank and put the cash in so he could write Steve a cheque, or just turn up at the Rovers with a bag full of cash?
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's such a shame he's leaving! He's actually trending worldwide on Twitter right now, probably due to him committing the worst bank robbery in history:D Is there anyway he won't get sent back to prison for a LONG time for this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the OP is missing the whole point, the bank robbery is meant to be silly because Jim is so desperate for money he just went out and did it on a whim.

It's certainly got everyone talking.
  • Options
    UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making Corrie a national joke isn't really funny though is it. Everyone is taking the piss on Twitter not actually loving it because its good. They are laughing because its so bad.
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about sonny-jim? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UpInMyFace wrote: »
    Making Corrie a national joke isn't really funny though is it. Everyone is taking the piss on Twitter not actually loving it because its good. They are laughing because its so bad.

Oh really? Have you read every single one of the tweets then? Jim has actually been trending regularly for the past fortnight.

This storyline is MEANT to be silly;)
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's hilariously entertaining. What's wrong with that? Corrie is meant to be entertaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh really? Have you read every single one of the tweets then? Jim has actually been trending regularly for the past fortnight.

This storyline is MEANT to be silly;)
    I am reading the tweets. They are taking the piss out of the show. Have you read them? :confused:
    *Cadhla* wrote: »
    It's hilariously entertaining. What's wrong with that? Corrie is meant to be entertaining.

Thing is its not. This sort of crap comedy isn't what makes a soap and Corrie isn't some silly 70's sitcom.
  • Options
    EspressoEspresso Posts: 18,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leg-end?
    Bell-end more like. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Cadhla* wrote: »

Exactly, Jim has always been unintentionally hilarious.
  • Options
    *Cadhla**Cadhla* Posts: 1,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The part of Jim was actually created especially for my friend, who was a pal of a scriptwriter at the time. He still had to audition for it and it came down to him and Charlie, who got it. My friend is now a drama teacher.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should blast himself out and be shot on the steps of the bank:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit he is classic but its not right Corrie being so silly. Jim was never this stupid or thick. He was actually quite scary many years ago as I remember being scared of him as a child back in the early 90s when he was always very violent. Now he is a shadow of himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admit he is classic but its not right Corrie being so silly. Jim was never this stupid or thick. He was actually quite scary many years ago as I remember being scared of him as a child back in the early 90s when he was always very violent. Now he is a shadow of himself.

Do you not remember Jim from all those years ago? He was always a head the ball who did stupid, violent things. He beat up Liz, tried to attack Steve and fell off some scaffolding in the process, killed Jez Quigly etc
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even John Stape would've done a better job of robbing that bank. :D
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was entertaining, I'd rather have it done like it was, with the sad romance that could have been angle, rather than it all being a bloodbath