Options

Just watching American x factor on itv2 + 1...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Queen BooQueen Boo Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    veracity wrote: »
    That. Was. HORRID.
    Can't even decide on Josh, was that OK performance relative to the others or absolute? Few weeks ago I could have sworn the talent was truckloads better than ours, but not any more.

Not a fan of the singing, but I liked precocious (but inoffensive) Drew standing up to LA... felt just a little bit like Will Young v. Cowell.

it's the death knell tolling of the system absorbing, crushing and homogenising the "talent" into something amorpohous, droning and utterly tedious.
    Indeed, good for Drew, what an articulate little 14 year old. Not entitled and irritating but impassioned and well said her.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moose1982 wrote: »
    Got to be the cheesiest, most cringe-worthy piece of television I've seen in a long time, Melanie suddenly going a bit insane and yelling about her background, whilst Nicole out-does herself with her best judging yet - "Can I give you a hug?"

Sorry I missed your Thread, but you'll be back next week won't you? :D Hopefully next week's won't be so tear-jerking, and results not so shocking as they were tonight.

If they don't want oldies, then they shouldn't have that age group at all. Cutting out Groups would be a good idea too, and Themes!

see ya. :D
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    I started watching my recording from last night but got to Melanie's performance and switched off, tried to watch the result show but have given up.

It did show a lot of promise when it started, with such great voices, but now the promise has waned. Simon copping out that way wasn't good. Deadlock can be useful at times, but Simon should have made a choice.
  • Options
    themealgangthemealgang Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Us Brits may not like it, because in my opinion, the US show and our beloved UK version are chalk and cheese.

What I would ask though is have the American audience indeed warmed to the format a bit more compared to when it first aired? Have audience figures increased? I think we have heard enough about why the Americans have taken a dislike to Jones, but apart from that, are they enjoying the show any more than when it started?

Personally, I think XFUSA is a very serious show compared to what we have in the UK- but I can understand that. Idol is still the household name in America, and X Factor has had to directly compete. From that aspect, I can see why they have had to come in on a slightly different angle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    I am absolutely gutted that Leroy has gone home.:( He was my second favourite behind Josh. I really hope he gets a recording deal out of this. Agreed that the show was bit too much of a smooshfest yesterday but I really enjoyed his and Josh's performances. The others were forgettable, and Melanie going slightly ga ga at the end of her performance was a bit of a shame as her song wasn't bad.
  • Options
    KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    So what happens when Drew gets famous, will she still remember her nice ma.
    Maybe not, since her "thankee" was her very bestest teenaged friend, not ma.

Really, I was surprised it didn't hurt her in the voting, since she didn't attribute anything other than "being there" to the friend. Compared to the super-dramatic stories and choices of many of the others ("my mom was poor and gave up her dreams for me!", "my choice saved my life!", "my choice... is GOD!", etc etc) the choice of some random neighbor girl who did lots of sleepovers with Drew came off as very... boring.