Watch Dogs

Comments

• jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I read the WiiU version also comes on 2 disks but it's gotta be a misprint cause the WiiU uses bluray disks! :confused:

Nah Wii U uses Nintendos own in house disc with a storage capacity of 25GB I believe.

Does this game actually look to be good? As in not another AC bore fest?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jim_uk wrote: »
    I'm not surprised, they spent the last generation sacrificing frames for eye candy, I don't expect that to change.

30Fps is good for some games and it doesn't really matter too much but for FPS games and even Batman it does make a difference to have 60fps!

That's quite disappointing for the next gen! I thought watchdog would be a 60FPS game!
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You will buy it Simon? that is good to hear :)

Yep! I'm getting both AssassinsCreed & Watchdogs 4 the WiiU on the 22nd! :) ... Ubisoft have stated they'll both be better graphically then the PS3 / XBOX360 versions so I've no excuse!!! Gonna back the WiiU til the very end! ;)

(Got Mario3D aswell the week after!!!) :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep! I'm getting both AssassinsCreed & Watchdogs 4 the WiiU on the 22nd! :) ... Ubisoft have stated they'll both be better graphically then the PS3 / XBOX360 versions so I've no excuse!!! Gonna back the WiiU til the very end! ;)

(Got Mario3D aswell the week after!!!) :cool:

Mario 3D is a game I'm tempted by if the PS4 wasn't out the same day!
  • SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jokerz wrote: »
    Mario 3D is a game I'm tempted by if the PS4 wasn't out the same day!

I'm sooo tempted 2 pickup a PS4 / X1 on launchday but I've got such a backlog of WiiU / PS3 / 360 titles! :(

(IF only these new systems were backwards compatible!) :rolleyes:

Will probably wait til next xmas & get em then! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sooo tempted 2 pickup a PS4 / X1 on launchday but I've got such a backlog of WiiU / PS3 / 360 titles! :(

Got same backlog but for PS3, PC and Vita. Also one or two Wii U ones.

Still the idea of BF4 on PS4 via the vita appeals to me quite nicely.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want to like this game but if its anything like Assassins Creed i won't be going near it. Absolutely detest those games and even Far Cry 3 (which i started recently on PS+) smacks of over simplification and boring monotonous tasks. I really hope they have turned a corner on this one.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's quite disappointing for the next gen! I thought watchdog would be a 60FPS game!

The performance of the first batch of NG games on the consoles is very disappointing, if you have a good PC I see no reason why you would choose to play one of these multiplat games on console over PC.

The performance of the games is going to surely improve over time, but it's not there right now. And even when it does get *there*, I think PC would have moved to even greater performances, so...yaknow ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The performance of the first batch of NG games on the consoles is very disappointing, if you have a good PC I see no reason why you would choose to play one of these multiplat games on console over PC.

The performance of the games is going to surely improve over time, but it's not there right now. And even when it does get *there*, I think PC would have moved to even greater performances, so...yaknow ;)

Yeah I've got two good gaming pc's here but consoles are just fun to chuck a disk in and play. But I am very impressed with PC games and I know they will continue to lead the way in terms of tech and graphics :)
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I've got two good gaming pc's here but consoles are just fun to chuck a disk in and play. But I am very impressed with PC games and I know they will continue to lead the way in terms of tech and graphics :)

I also like the ease of console gaming but having to pay £40 to game on line is what I became fed up with so I bought a gaming PC instead of getting the next gen consoles. Cheaper games and no on line gaming fees for the games I want to play.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PC Specs

Base Specification

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
    Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
    DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
    Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification

GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
    CPU: Quad core
    RAM: 4GB

example 1
    GPU: NVidia GTX 460
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
    CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended Specification

GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
    CPU: Eight core
    RAM: 8GB

example 1
    GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

"Ultra" Specification

GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
    CPU: Latest Eight core or more
    RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
    CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

I gave up on PC gaming a long time ago, as way to many upgrades are needed to keep up with specs. To me those specs are insane(8 core CPU!)

I know the next gen console are still not coming close to some PC visuals but at least i'll be able to play Watch Dogs when spend £400 on kit to play it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats exactly my problem!

I am currently on a "farewell tour" of the games I have not yet completed just so I can have a clean break when the next gen arrive in November.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Minimum

Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    RAM: 6 GB
    Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY

Recommended

Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
    Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
    Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
    nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
    AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
    Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Shader model 5.0 :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shader model 5.0 :eek:

Ok silly question but whats shader 5.0?
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok silly question but whats shader 5.0?

It's part of the Direct X 11 spec, It seems to suggest you need a Direct3D 11 supported hardware which rules out alot of graphics cards.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    It's part of the Direct X 11 spec, It seems to suggest you need a Direct3D 11 supported hardware which rules out alot of graphics cards.

So basically if I already have a GTX765M DX11 card of HD7970 then I'm covered?
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    PC Specs

Base Specification

Operating System: Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1) or Windows 8
    Note that we only support 64 bit OSs.
    DVD-ROM: DVD-ROM Dual Layer
    Hard Drive Space: 20 GB
    Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer mode

Minimum Specification

GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
    CPU: Quad core
    RAM: 4GB

example 1
    GPU: NVidia GTX 460
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
    CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750

Recommended Specification

GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
    CPU: Eight core
    RAM: 8GB

example 1
    GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

"Ultra" Specification

GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
    CPU: Latest Eight core or more
    RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
    CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

I gave up on PC gaming a long time ago, as way to many upgrades are needed to keep up with specs. To me those specs are insane(8 core CPU!)

I know the next gen console are still not coming close to some PC visuals but at least i'll be able to play Watch Dogs when spend £400 on kit to play it.

Thats a load of numbers & letters that make no sense to me at all! :eek:

The only numbers & letters I need to worry about are 'PS4' and I'll be fine :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Thats a load of numbers & letters that make no sense to me at all! :eek:

The only numbers & letters I need to worry about are 'PS4' and I'll be fine :D

That kinda answers my query :)

Yeah I can see my H7970s should be enough for this but I'm going down the PS4 route methinks.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically if I already have a GTX765M DX11 card of HD7970 then I'm covered?

Yeah both of those will be fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Yeah both of those will be fine.

Thank you Gormond.

I'm going to see how it looks on PC with the usual Youtube vids on same or similar systems to mine before I decide completely as I can still stop the PS4 version.

Going to need larger HDDs soon - both my Itb drives are running low!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazzy71 wrote: »

This is the 1st major jump in spec requirements for quite a long time, you could have bought a PC 3/4 years ago and happily held off upgrading....Until now :D
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the 1st major jump in spec requirements for quite a long time, you could have bought a PC 3/4 years ago and happily held off upgrading....Until now :D

It is the 64bit OS is the shocker for me, the FX9370 is a bit harsh to an FX8350 is easy enough and more close to the 9370 when overclocked to.
  • DanielWhitDanielWhit Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's the boat I'm in, July 2010 I bought my highish-spec of the time PC. Up until games such as Rome 2: Total War (which is a hog in many ways) I've never had any problems with it. Now, I'm starting to wonder whether it's worth shelling out a £1k or so in getting a new high end PC or simply £350 for a PS4 and using my PC for more office based work rather than as my default gaming unit.

Time shall tell, as will availability of the PS4 at work!
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to tell friends that getting into PC gaming didn't require them spending a grand or more on a rig but it seems that's the way PC gaming is going with the jumps in specs and the hardware needed to run the latest games. At this rate, we'll all be needing GTX690's or higher (well not quite but u know what I'm getting at) lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to tell friends that getting into PC gaming didn't require them spending a grand or more on a rig but it seems that's the way PC gaming is going with the jumps in specs and the hardware needed to run the latest games. At this rate, we'll all be needing GTX690's or higher (well not quite but u know what I'm getting at) lol

To be fair you can probably run it at fairly high settings anyway. Not sure why they think that it's necessary to jump the requirements that much.

Or if I'm wrong my wife is going to hate me....