Options

BBC 1 HD picture problems - EastEnders

dazn12dazn12 Posts: 6,912
Forum Member
EastEnders is flickering every few minutes for me on BBC1 HD. Anyone else having this issue? I'm watching on Sky+HD

Comments

• Options
    mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see it too, you're not the only one :)
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    BBC 1 HD has been crackling and breaking up most of today, seems only satellite (Sky & Freesat) are affected.
  • Options
    frenchie21frenchie21 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep, Its happening to me as well, I have SKY+ and the BBC1 HD feed is jumping, Anybody reported it to SKY or the BBC?
  • Options
    JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, was glitching during Pointless earlier on. Little point reporting it to the BBC, it doesn't get passed on to the people able to fix it (last time there was a fault on BBC HD, it only got fixed when I contacted Andy Quested (Then the BBC's head of technology) directly. I don't think he's still there unfortuantly.
  • Options
    tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JordanDS wrote: »
    Yep, was glitching during Pointless earlier on. Little point reporting it to the BBC, it doesn't get passed on to the people able to fix it (last time there was a fault on BBC HD, it only got fixed when I contacted Andy Quested (Then the BBC's head of technology) directly. I don't think he's still there unfortuantly.

Glad it wasnt just me:).I had Pointless on too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've submitted a formal complaint via www.bbc.co.uk/complaints (for all the good it will do). I would suggest others do the same, otherwise they'll think I'm a nutter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other thing that always annoys me - it shows how rarely BBC staff watch the output. Surely if a BBC member of staff watching at home noticed the picture rolling and jumping, they'd try and alert someone to it?
  • Options
    James2001James2001 Posts: 73,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watching through Virgin Media, it was perfectly fine here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spoken to a rather rude operator at the BBC on the phone and he said its a SKY issue and he redirected me to SKY. He said that I was the only person to ring up about this issue. So now currently on the phone to SKY (See if that helps)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Its doing the same through skyhd box for bbc one hd 141, for me too.
    BBC HD on freeview hd is fine.
    No other channels are affected.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just spoken to somebody at SKY and they say there is nothing that can be done except to wait for "service to return to normal"

So it seems nobody cares at the BBC or SKY lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Right, I've tried Tweeting them. ( @bbcone ). Let's see them ignore that!
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont bother there a waste of time both of them, only time they will bother with something like that is when it goes to twitter then they panic.
  • Options
    Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/news_item23.html
    "We are aware that there have been a number of reports of audio glitches on some BBC HD services. The fault is only affecting programmes broadcast with surround sound audio. As a precaution, while this fault is under investigation, some of the BBC HD services will only be available in Dolby 2.0 stereo until this is resolved.

Updated: 22/01/14

We are aware that the sound issue affecting some BBC HD services is still ongoing. The faulty equipment has been identified and we hope to have a resolution shortly.

Updated 20/02/14"

I've seen it all day, though not before today, on Freesat BBC1HD. I suspect it's a different fault.

Richard
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/news/news_item23.html
    "We are aware that there have been a number of reports of audio glitches on some BBC HD services. The fault is only affecting programmes broadcast with surround sound audio. As a precaution, while this fault is under investigation, some of the BBC HD services will only be available in Dolby 2.0 stereo until this is resolved.

Updated: 22/01/14

We are aware that the sound issue affecting some BBC HD services is still ongoing. The faulty equipment has been identified and we hope to have a resolution shortly.

Updated 20/02/14"

I've seen it all day, though not before today, on Freesat BBC1HD.

Richard

Richard, that's the report for the old fault (sound dropping out ever 46 minutes), this jumping and glitching is a new fault that's started today.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Kargo wrote: »
    EastEnders is flickering every few minutes for me on BBC1 HD. Anyone else having this issue? I'm watching on Sky+HD
    Had the same problem with BBC1HD on Sky while watching EastEnders so after 10mins got annoyed and watched on standard BBC1.

Someone in the soaps forum said it happened during Doctors at 1:45 this afternoon so it's been happening for hours.

I tweeted BBCOne but no reply.
  • Options
    Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Richard, that's the report for the old fault (sound dropping out ever 46 minutes), this jumping and glitching is a new fault that's started today.

Realise that, but this could be a result of a "resolution"? Shoved another Coder in, with it's own fault sort of thing! Or not located the real fault.

On myHumax forum a poster reckons it's a frame sync fault.....

Richard
  • Options
    Bandspread199Bandspread199 Posts: 4,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK in Virgin for me....
  • Options
    petertreepetertree Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noticed problem with BBC1HD all through Silks but now turned to E4 and it's gone. Thought it was my TV so glad I came on here and found it was them not me.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had one or two seconds of blank screen during EastEnders on BBC One Wales HD (Freeview).
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same for me on Freesat HD, switched to SD in the end.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've submitted a formal complaint via www.bbc.co.uk/complaints (for all the good it will do). I would suggest others do the same, otherwise they'll think I'm a nutter.

Odd, as it was fine for me through Eastenders, no flickering, no sound issues.

From the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

So maybe it was a transmitter/Arqiva issue?
  • Options
    Mark CMark C Posts: 20,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Odd, as it was fine for me through Eastenders, no flickering, no sound issues.

From the Sutton Coldfield transmitter.

So maybe it was a transmitter/Arqiva issue?

The reports in this thread, relate to satellite delivery, I don't think the video glitches
    were affecting DTT last night ? I don't know, I was out all last night, but I left my Freesat PVR to record Silk from BBC 1 HD >:(

The audio glitches that have been persisting on BBC HD channels since Nov, affect all platforms (at least in England)
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »
    The reports in this thread, relate to satellite delivery, I don't think the video glitches
    were affecting DTT last night ? I don't know, I was out all last night, but I left my Freesat PVR to record Silk from BBC 1 HD >:(

The audio glitches that have been persisting on BBC HD channels since Nov, affect all platforms (at least in England)
    Ah, OK. So really I am confirming that the issue did NOT affect DTT. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I also experienced the annoying picture problems on BBC1HD all evening. I was watching VIA Freesat and do not have Sky.
    The really annoying part though, was trying to complain VIA the BBC website, you have to jump through so many hoops so it becomes impossible to register a complaint.
    You would think that they would want to know about a picture problem so they could put ot right and, more importantly reassure viewers that it was their problem.