Should they arrange the Semi-final shows by the type of act

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I reckon, they should do one semi final show just for the singers (and singing groups) and one just for the dancers and the rest for everything else. They should maybe have one for the comedy acts.

Should they do something like that to keep the variety?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Each night would be very dull and repetitive. Yes, more singers/dancers end up in the final as things are but I'd rather that than a whole night of just singers and another night of just dancers.
  • TVFreakoTVFreako Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    ...t I'd rather that than a whole night of just singers and another night of just dancers.

That seems a better way of altering the OP's plan.

During the audition phase the panel would have to fill x amount of places for each semi because each semi would be dedicated to one type of talent.

There are five Semi-Finals. I think enough to cover most categories of acts. So Semi-Final 1 could be singers, Semi-Final 2 could be dance groups, Semi Final 3 could be comedy (impressionists, stand-up and ventriloquists), Semi-Final 4 could be illusionists and magicians and Semi-Final 5 could be general acts that don't fit in one category like the display teams.

That means we would still have eleven for the final with ten top two acts from each category and one wild card which is the best of the acts who didn't get through. Difference being each type of talent would have an equal level of representation at all times.

It is getting a little ridiculous now. The numerical balance is heavily weighted in favour of dance groups and singers. Out of the nine acts tonight between them the singers and dance groups have seven acts. Three dancers and four singers. Only Brian Chan and Sam Jones do neither. It has to stop!