Beckham Brazil TV show: Into the unknown

MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
Forum Member
90 mins of prime time eh? He's coming across as a likeable family man. No chasing those Brazilian lovelies though David!!

Comments

• asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    His voice is so annoying .
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,940
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »
    Yes, the one bit of manliness he really lacks. A deep masculine voice with less East London in it.
  • pianofortepianoforte Posts: 630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe someone with his net worth won't have a small army of bodyguards off camera to keep him safe.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know he gets a lot of stick but he does come across as a top bloke.

"Just me and my 3 mates".... and a big support crew.

Hos voice has actually improved over the years. Look at the interviews when he was just starting out and it was very squeaky.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,760
    Forum Member
    asyousay wrote: »

Not as annoying as Wayne Rooney's and I apeak as a Man U supporter. :D
  • Evs814Evs814 Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    As long as his hair is ok!
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its must be quite nice for him that people dont know who he is.
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pianoforte wrote: »
    Can't believe someone with his net worth won't have a small army of bodyguards off camera to keep him safe.

I suspect that one of his ''friends'' is probably a body guard.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The "do you know who he is?" guy with him is a bit of a ****.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not liking it. Perhaps that's my fault for comparing it to "The Long Way Round" but I don't recall ever hearing Ewan once talk about his fame or about people not recognising him. Then again perhaps he's not as well known as Becks.. but still. It just feels a bit too "me me me" at the moment.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's all part of a long term BBC strategy to turn him into the next Gary Lineker, watch this space.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beckham looks like a good family bloke it's the hangers on that seem a bit needy.
  • dirty dingusdirty dingus Posts: 2,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reminds me of a Vice Documentry a bit heavy with the music video vibe, the friend from L.A has special ops written all over him.
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is starting to feel like a vehicle for David Beckham to move into tv.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    ftv wrote: »
    It's all part of a long term BBC strategy to turn him into the next Gary Lineker, watch this space.

You can tell Beckham himself has tried to mould himself into an "intelligent" man. He has definitely poshed up a lot from the early days and his vocabulary is definitely expanded in the last few years. He also is very smartly media trained, not commenting on things like the Qatar world cup etc and doing the intelligent gigs like the Olympics ambassador stuff.

Could see him being a Gary Lineker type figure.
    Forum Member
    Is he suggesting there, he might come out of retirement? Didn't sound like he was joking when he said player/owner.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beckham thinking about playing again. Definitely wouldn't be able to at the top level.
    Forum Member
    You can tell Beckham himself has tried to mould himself into an "intelligent" man. He has definitely poshed up a lot from the early days and his vocabulary is definitely expanded in the last few years. He also is very smartly media trained, not commenting on things like the Qatar world cup etc and doing the intelligent gigs like the Olympics ambassador stuff.

Could see him being a Gary Lineker type figure.
    Ian Wright did the same. Couldn't string a sentence together when he was a footballer. No one was more surprised than me when he ended up presenting mainstream entertainment shows!!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Is he suggesting there, he might come out of retirement? Didn't sound like he was joking when he said player/owner.

He's planning a new "franchise" in Miami. If he says he will play then it would help get in the early sponsors, crowds and media interest. It would be a wise business decision.
  • #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's a genuinely nice guy and a good dad. He gets a lot of stick for no good reason that I can see.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not liking it. Perhaps that's my fault for comparing it to "The Long Way Round" but I don't recall ever hearing Ewan once talk about his fame or about people not recognising him. Then again perhaps he's not as well known as Becks.. but still. It just feels a bit too "me me me" at the moment.

I only lasted 10 mins then switched channels, whilst I agree he's a nice family man, and people say 'awww he loves his kids!', well actually so do most parents, so nothing amazing there. For me he whilst he may look good and photograph well he really does lack charisma, there's just a certain dullness about him that I can't see past, his wife even more so, I can't recall anyone in the public eye quite so stilted and wooden in front of the camera, to be honest I was more interested in getting a butchers at the interior of their posh house!
    Forum Member
    Beckham thinking about playing again. Definitely wouldn't be able to at the top level.
    First season marketing ploy to bring out the fans for his Miami club? He could make a few brief appearances and take the odd free kick.
  • J-ZeeJ-Zee Posts: 557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh stop with the whining, people leave their families to work for far less than you got paid for kicking a bag of wind around. yawn
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    He's planning a new "franchise" in Miami. If he says he will play then it would help get in the early sponsors, crowds and media interest. It would be a wise business decision.
    Bah, you beat me to it!! :D
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally do not like him, but very interesting show.