bmws

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 55
Forum Member
went to test drive a 3 series coupe there tonight, was ever impressed with it and even more impressed with the seat belt that are pushed out for you !

can you tell me do all coupes have that or is that just the 3 series offers ?

cheers

Comments

• wrexham103.4wrexham103.4 Posts: 3,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you intend on purchasing it check the indicators work, seems to be a common fault
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice post, what the hell is a bmws:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »

One of these.
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

You genuinely couldn't tell he meant BMW?? Anyway OP, yes I believe a few manufacturers offer coupe models with auto seatbelts, I think Mercedes were first.
  • Janey JoyceJaney Joyce Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    I love BMWs, I used to have a series 7.
  • kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    You won't go much wrong with a 3 series coupe, I've owned a few.
  • grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,343
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    You won't go much wrong with a 3 series coupe, I've owned a few.

Unless you either (a) want to use it in snow / ice, or (b) want to carry passengers with feet larger than size 3 in the back.

For me, 3 (and 1) series has been one of the most uncomfortable cars to be a passenger in and not especially briliiant to drive as the hype makes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't it have been easier to ask the expert car dealers this question?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love BMWs. Never used to, but then my OH got an old but immaculate 530d, top spec. Gorgeous. Not very fast, but so nice to drive. My brother has a newer 320 convertible. I love it. Looks beautiful, nippy, sexy auto roof etc. I want to buy it off him but a) it's not auto and OH doesn't do manual (because he's lazy) and b) can't really justify having another car as well as the one I already have in the UK, which I only drive about 4 times a year as I don't live there.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Bmw is worth about a grand but great car for the money, straight 6 makes a gorgeous noise that is perfect when you've had enough of hearing dirty diesels all of the time and the handling is very good indeed for what it is and I should know as I've owned loads of sports cars in the past.

Snow? Put winters on, problem solved. No back space in a coupe? My 6 ft mate who was in the back all the way from Manchester to Newcastle didn't have any complaints. Indicators? Option ticked and working ☺
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    If you intend on purchasing it check the indicators work, seems to be a common fault
    vinba wrote: »
    Don't forget you can save £400 by going for the 'no indicators' package.

Yawn.....
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Unless you either (a) want to use it in snow / ice, or (b) want to carry passengers with feet larger than size 3 in the back.

For me, 3 (and 1) series has been one of the most uncomfortable cars to be a passenger in and not especially briliiant to drive as the hype makes out.

Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. My last one was the 330ci M-Sport Coupe and it was excellent. The power delivery from the 3 litre engine was just superb. Handled well (not in snow) and was extremely comfortable for me as a driver. Each to their own.

I'm looking at a 530D M-Sport next I think.
  • indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kippeh wrote: »
    Fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion. My last one was the 330ci M-Sport Coupe and it was excellent. The power delivery from the 3 litre engine was just superb. Handled well (not in snow) and was extremely comfortable for me as a driver. Each to their own.

I'm looking at a 530D M-Sport next I think.

I had a 530D. After 2 months (from new) the front discs corroded and I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace them. Same again two and a half years later, this time I had to pay half after a long fight. Their explanation at first was it was because I live by the seaside!!! They then tried to say it was because it was a very heavy car. Also if conditions are snowy forget it, the handling was like Bambi on ice. Switched back to Audi and that's where I'm staying.
  • ACUACU Posts: 9,104
    Forum Member
    I love BMWs, I used to have a series 7.

Oh did you? Surprised you dont know its called a 7 series and not series 7. Never heard it called a series 7.

I had an M3, beautiful car. A joy to drive. As others have said since it was a rear wheel drive it was crap in the snow, unless you could get a big open space like a car park - then you can have a lot of fun in the snow.... Moved on to Audi now, not because there was anything wrong with BMW, just fancied something different. Nothing wrong with Audis either, but to be honest I prefer a BMW.
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you going to have blacked out windows and deal drugs.?:D
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dickish driver used to be optional extra but now is part of the standard package, I think.

And people doing the ******** sign in a sort of eloquent pantomime as you overtake them on a blind bend is also mandatory.
  • Heston VestonHeston Veston Posts: 6,478
    Forum Member
    vinba wrote: »
    Don't forget you can save £400 by going for the 'no indicators' package.

Also the 'no mirrors' option.
  • GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet those who come out with these tired stereotypes are the same ones who dawdle on fast roads holding everyone up, but then carry on at the default 40 through 30 zones and flashing and shaking their fist at anyone who dares to overtake.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I bet those who come out with these tired stereotypes are the same ones who dawdle on fast roads holding everyone up, but then carry on at the default 40 through 30 zones and flashing and shaking their fist at anyone who dares to overtake.

What was that you were saying about tired stereotypes?
  • SaturnVSaturnV Posts: 11,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could people please dream up new jokes instead of copying and pasting the old ones.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACU wrote: »
    Oh did you? Surprised you dont know its called a 7 series and not series 7. Never heard it called a series 7.

I had an M3, beautiful car. A joy to drive. As others have said since it was a rear wheel drive it was crap in the snow, unless you could get a big open space like a car park - then you can have a lot of fun in the snow.... Moved on to Audi now, not because there was anything wrong with BMW, just fancied something different. Nothing wrong with Audis either, but to be honest I prefer a BMW.

I miss my compact just for that
    Forum Member
    I had a 530D. After 2 months (from new) the front discs corroded and I had to fight tooth and nail to get them to replace them. Same again two and a half years later, this time I had to pay half after a long fight. Their explanation at first was it was because I live by the seaside!!! They then tried to say it was because it was a very heavy car. Also if conditions are snowy forget it, the handling was like Bambi on ice. Switched back to Audi and that's where I'm staying.

Yeah, I used to go through brake pads and discs for fun on my 330. I had a couple of Audi 80s (and the 80 sport) back in the early 90s. Great cars.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audis are better. Go for an A4
  • CRTHDCRTHD Posts: 7,602
    Forum Member
    Audis are better. Go for an A4

Nah - they're just VWs glammed-up and priced accordingly.

Mercs and Beemers are in a different league.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRTHD wrote: »
    Nah - they're just VWs glammed-up and priced accordingly.

Mercs and Beemers are in a different league.

I was just about to say Merc. I love my benz. A3 and golfs are the poor mans german cars.

Like a lupo is the poor mans golf.