Options

TXF beat SCD for NTAs.

2»

Comments

• Options
    UafasachUafasach Posts: 485
    Forum Member
    It was a public vote..and TXF won...SIMPLES

Bit like Pixie not making it to the final...she lost out on the public vote and the fact that, IMHO, she didn't actually improve and there was alot of leg swinging and flaffing that just ticked me off.
  • Options
    ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Janet43 wrote: »
    Well passed time to let the Pixie thing go - it's old news.

Let's apply that logic to everything, shall we?

Don't discuss previous winners - old news.
    Don't discuss previous eliminations - old news.
    Don't discuss your most loved routines to come from the show - old news.
    Don't discuss past partnerships - old news.
    In fact, all get off the Strictly forum until the next series starts. Nothing to discuss, it's all old news.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Uafasach wrote: »
    It was a public vote..and TXF won...SIMPLES

Bit like Pixie not making it to the final...she lost out on the public vote and the fact that, IMHO, she didn't actually improve and there was alot of leg swinging and flaffing that just ticked me off.

Each to their own... I thought she did improve myself; the Paso and Foxtrot were more technical than her week 1 routine, for example, and she did a great job of them both. Plus I felt that Pixie & Trent told a story with their routines each week rather than just dancing well, which was a big part of why I enjoyed them so much.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Tejas wrote: »
    Seriously how did the powers that be give Pixie 'twitter hatred'? For reasons that I cannot fathom she seems to attract a lot of negativity - and it is still happening now! I don't think this has been manufactured in any way, she just seems to get a lot of ridiculously nasty comments, much like James Blunt used to before people realised how witty he was.

All the hate starts on twitter and spreads to fb and other sites, people think its clever to act in their way what they perceive as banter, its not at all, its pure nastiness. Twitter in my eyes are a sewer of vulgarity, even Claudia winkleman had a lot of abuse on there regarding her daughter, its not a nice place to be and an area where all trouble making starts. :(
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I speak as someone who used to be a fan of Strictly but I'm pleased to hear that they were beaten by X factor......I personally thought it was a shame they won the year before with a series where they made it so obvious they wanted a female winner that they didn't have any male contenders in the line up and then set about making it as easy as possible for their chosen one to win, what a farce of a series that was!........I guess Cowell returning to X factor gave them more competition this year. I've not been happy with the direction strictly has gone in the past two series since this new producer has taken over - I think they're lacking in ideas and they've turned the show into a bland, slick, scripted, souless manipulated tv which is trying to mimmick the worst types of reality tv - although I thought the last series was a bit of an improvement on the one before - I'm still glad they lost because it wasn't enough of an improvement for me. What do people expect when the likes of Mark Wright and Gregg Wallace are touted as 'stars' of the show! I'm sick to death of the 'novice' , 'journey' story lines - I don't need to be told about 3 billion times that a contestant has never danced before they did strictly! Some of the 'journey' storylines are highly dubious anyway and even though I'm not a dancer myself I can tell the difference myself between someone with no training who has never danced before and the contestant whose had some or a lot of training before dancing on strictly, as I suspect can many other viewers. I'm tired of the dodgy themed dances and backing dancers - I'm also tired of the obsequious, fawning interviewing both on the main show and on ITT.

I've honestly got no truck with x factor, I've not watched it for years and you would literally have to put a gun to my head to make me watch it these days and I also can't stand any of Cowell's other shows....but I'm sick to death of this X factor/Strictly rivalry. The rivalry between the two shows is just there to bolster the egoes of Cowell and the BBC execs/producers and the tabloid editors - end result is tv fit for morons!

I've never understood why there's such fierce allegiance to the BBC and Strictly by posters here - egging the BBC on in this tedious rivalry - it gets to the point where posters on here are attacked or ridiculed just for criticising the BBC or questioning the integrity of the Strictly producers. That's another reason that has led to my disenchanment with the show - although it is a separate thing from watching the show, it is a shame you can't air your opinions on it sometimes without being hounded/ridiculed!

I don't know - I realise this might be hoping for too much but maybe just maybe them losing to X-factor will be an incentive for the producers to try a different tack and make improvements to the show - It could go either way either they'll either carry on making it even more trashier and throw more reality tv cliches at it, or hopefully they'll go back to the drawing board - think of new and better ideas and most importantly try and get an inspired and interesting cast together. If it changes for the better I'll stick with watching it but if it doesn't I may just give up on it because life is too short and there's plenty of other stuff to do - I can always watch 'Game of Thrones' as I've heard that's good and I've not seen it before.