The Bachelor US back on tv in UK.

mabbus-cattus1mabbus-cattus1 Posts: 5,777
Forum Member
I'm sure I saw an advert recently whilst channel hopping that said the U.S. version was being shown here but can't remember seeing when or what channel.

Searching TV listing and Sky+ listings daily but nothing coming up.

Was I just imagining it? Or is it actually coming back?

Comments

• stripey_socksstripey_socks Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I saw an advert recently whilst channel hopping that said the U.S. version was being shown here but can't remember seeing when or what channel.

Searching TV listing and Sky+ listings daily but nothing coming up.

Was I just imagining it? Or is it actually coming back?

you just reminded me about this... i *think* it is ITVBe. I am sure it was advertised when TOWIE was on?
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's on ITVBe next Friday (6th March) at 9pm. :)
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What series is it starting from? It doesn't look recent from the previews.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What series is it starting from? It doesn't look recent from the previews.

It is Series 16. :)
  • PacinoFanPacinoFan Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yippee. The Americans do this sort of thing so well.
  • Sansa_SnowSansa_Snow Posts: 1,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching? The girls are shocking, they all fall in love with the cheesy guy so easily and the Courtney girl seems like a psycho, can't believe he has fallen for her! Some of them are so desperate it's embarrassing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sansa_Snow wrote: »
    Anyone watching? The girls are shocking, they all fall in love with the cheesy guy so easily and the Courtney girl seems like a psycho, can't believe he has fallen for her! Some of them are so desperate it's embarrassing!

Courtney is the very worst type of contestant. I cannot abide her.

And yes the others are somewhat embarrassing. I could understand it if Ben was worth the effort but he isn't.
  • onelegpegonelegpeg Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving the show.

I remembered Ben so must have seen his series when he was in The Bachelorette as I know I definitely haven't seen this series of The Bachelor as I'm sure I'd remember some of the girls - well one in particular - . Courtney.

I actually don't find Ben in the least attractive although he seems like a nice guy BUT REALLY I find it hard to believe how all these girls can fall madly in love with him after such a small amount of time.

Does anybody know if this is just a one off series or will we be seeing more?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't find him in the least bit attractive either and he can't be all that nice as he is happy to play with the girls emotions, kissing them all, telling them he can see a future with them. Makes me a bit sick but enjoying it!
  • Angelique_DormaAngelique_Dorma Posts: 3,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Courtney's one of the final 3 :o Even the faux wedding didn't make Ben run for the hills.

These women are either desperate, have some sort of inferiority complex, or are out-and-out media ****. Have they no self-respect at all? And as for Ben's curtains haircut, so last century daahling. Terrible programme.

I'm hooked. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Courtney's one of the final 3 :o Even the faux wedding didn't make Ben run for the hills.

These women are either desperate, have some sort of inferiority complex, or are out-and-out media ****. Have they no self-respect at all? And as for Ben's curtains haircut, so last century daahling. Terrible programme.

I'm hooked. :p

Bib - got it one there Angelique. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magsy56 wrote: »
    Bib - got it one there Angelique. :)

Thought as much, magsy. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That latest girl who got binned was devastated, I felt really bad for the poor fool!

WTF was the faux wedding, Courtney is playing him like a fiddle, what a mug!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was wasn't she! Her wails and sobs were woeful. You'd have thought she'd just been told everyone belonging to her had just been killed. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the parents put him off as they were so against them living together before marriage and seemed very controlling of their daughter.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I loved the UK version of the bachelor -Wasn't it on BBC3 about 10 years or so ago?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ben reminds me of a big old sad-faced sheep dog,

Is he having sex with these girls one after the other? I hope he chooses the one who said no (if any) they do all seem so damned desperate. I tell my son (just in case he hadn't worked it out for himself :p ) that if a girl sleeps with him on the first date, there's a fair to middling chance she's done the same with every other first date. What happened to playing a bit hard-to-get?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is he having sex with these girls one after the other? I hope he chooses the one who said no (if any) they do all seem so damned desperate. I tell my son (just in case he hadn't worked it out for himself :p ) that if a girl sleeps with him on the first date, there's a fair to middling chance she's done the same with every other first date. What happened to playing a bit hard-to-get?

It's not their first date, they have been on lots of dates, he is their boyfriend! :o

I'm not a prude but there is something really icky about it all.
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So it's OK for your son to sleep with a girl on a first date but not for the girl? Unless you mean he's testing her first before saying he doesn't actually sleep on first dates? What a load of double-standard old codswallop! What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Either they're both trollops or neither. I can't believe women's rights are still in the dark ages in the 21st Century.

I watch this programme because I enjoy it, even though it's quite cruel to the women when I think about it. This man is kissing all these women and very little is thought of it. If a woman was doing the same, I bet she'd be called all the names under the sun. Double standards again. Makes me mad!>:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    So it's OK for your son to sleep with a girl on a first date but not for the girl? Unless you mean he's testing her first before saying he doesn't actually sleep on first dates? What a load of double-standard old codswallop! What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Either they're both trollops or neither. I can't believe women's rights are still in the dark ages in the 21st Century.

I watch this programme because I enjoy it, even though it's quite cruel to the women when I think about it. This man is kissing all these women and very little is thought of it. If a woman was doing the same, I bet she'd be called all the names under the sun. Double standards again. Makes me mad!>:(

I will have to watch The Bachelorette, I am curious to see if the men are equally desperate and I am willing to bet the woman won't have sex with the final three.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dislike Courtney, would love to see these girls washing, scrubbing floors, toilets kitchens, and cooking ect, seems most of them think it will be one long holiday with him,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thinking back over this series - some of the dates have been ridiculous. Apparently they were Ben's choice - things he wanted to do e.g. swimming with sharks (one of the girls was on her monthly:o), jumping out of helicopters etc.

Imo, it shows Ben as selfish and somewhat immature.
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a predictable ending! Just like Gavin Henson and Spencer Matthews in the last UK editions, Ben chose the model girl who was in it to win it rather than one of the girls who appeared to have genuine feelings for him. It's as if none of the bachelors are looking for love, just a fling with a sexy girl who isn't too bothered about commitment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    What a predictable ending! Just like Gavin Henson and Spencer Matthews in the last UK editions, Ben chose the model girl who was in it to win it rather than one of the girls who appeared to have genuine feelings for him. It's as if none of the bachelors are looking for love, just a fling with a sexy girl who isn't too bothered about commitment.

Agreed. Must admit I googled well before the final and found Courtney's tell-all book.

http://www.amazon.com/Didnt-Come-Here-Make-Friends/dp/0062326651/ref=pd_sim_b_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1MTARK7XK09SS9JEZ9MB

She really doesn't hold back.
  • MillyCMillyC Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She stiched him right up and he fell for it! She said at the start that all the other girls could go home now she'd arrived and it turned out exactly that.

It seemed to cause real heartbreak to some of the girls as time went on, quite cruel.

I didn't realise this all happened in 2012 :confused: