DWTS: Season 18 General Discussion

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    Got it Dancefan. I am just paraphrasing what Mark said.

And I appreciated that, Lili! :) Just saying it's easier said than done.

I always enjoy Mark's interviews, he has such a nice way about him, pleasant to everyone, even the paps. And often makes really good points.
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Dancefan, it is hard to keep it completely under wraps and perhaps they want the leaks to generate buzz.

According to the gossip sites these are the pros this year. We'll see if it turns out to be true.

pros ... Maks,Val, Mark, Tony,Henry,Tristan, Cheryl,Karina , Whitney ,Peta,Emma, Sharna.

So it looks like Derek and Sasha are out??
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    I agree Dancefan, it is hard to keep it completely under wraps and perhaps they want the leaks to generate buzz.

According to the gossip sites these are the pros this year. We'll see if it turns out to be true.

pros ... Maks,Val, Mark, Tony,Henry,Tristan, Cheryl,Karina , Whitney ,Peta,Emma, Sharna.

So it looks like Derek and Sasha are out??

I think that list is accurate. Both DWTSGossip and Kristyn Burtt tweeted it, and Kristyn says she can assure everyone they do not have the same sources. BTW Witney spells her name without an h.

We still haven't heard which males are in the troupe. So far all we've heard is Lindsay Arnold and Jenna from SYTYCD S10. I don't think they aim to have the girls dance with each other! :)

I feel badly for Sasha, not only because he's a terrific dancer and very nice person, but because he and Emma are a couple and it would have been nice to see them both on the show.

According to this ABC press release, Good Morning America is featuring a full slate of activities the week of the Academy Awards, including showcasing Derek's choreography the Monday following the awards ceremony. Trying to figure out who is going to perform his choreography. WIsh they could get Misty Copelad to come give a sneak preview of the choreo he devised for a special program in NYC in April that will be an ensemble cast with Misty and a few male dancers. Oh, and Brooke Burke is slated to be on hand to cover the red carpet for ABC. :)
  • kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that list is accurate. Both DWTSGossip and Kristyn Burtt tweeted it, and Kristyn says she can assure everyone they do not have the same sources. BTW Witney spells her name without an h.

We still haven't heard which males are in the troupe. So far all we've heard is Lindsay Arnold and Jenna from SYTYCD S10. I don't think they aim to have the girls dance with each other! :)

I feel badly for Sasha, not only because he's a terrific dancer and very nice person, but because he and Emma are a couple and it would have been nice to see them both on the show.

According to this ABC press release, Good Morning America is featuring a full slate of activities the week of the Academy Awards, including showcasing Derek's choreography the Monday following the awards ceremony. Trying to figure out who is going to perform his choreography. WIsh they could get Misty Copelad to come give a sneak preview of the choreo he devised for a special program in NYC in April that will be an ensemble cast with Misty and a few male dancers. Oh, and Brooke Burke is slated to be on hand to cover the red carpet for ABC. :)

Looking at Sasha's twitter it looks like he isn't in the troupe either. Pity I was beginning to like him when snooki was unfairly eliminated from the dwts imo rumours are that Gleb is taking this season off which wouldn't surprise me after being put into the troupe last season but who knows and rumours are that it is Paul & Jenna from sytycd in the troupe
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    Looking at Sasha's twitter it looks like he isn't in the troupe either. Pity I was beginning to like him when snooki was unfairly eliminated from the dwts imo rumours are that Gleb is taking this season off which wouldn't surprise me after being put into the troupe last season but who knows and rumours are that it is Paul & Jenna from sytycd in the troupe

Paul, I hadn't heard his name. Interesting.

Both DWTSGossip and Kristyn Burrt are reporting Tristan is out (unbelievable, sad news >:(), and Derek is in. They confirm James Maslow and Sean Avery and an Olympic pair that has to be Meryl Davis and Charlie White.

I'll miss Gleb.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul, I hadn't heard his name. Interesting.

Both DWTSGossip and Kristyn Burrt are reporting Tristan is out (unbelievable, sad news >:(), and Derek is in. They confirm James Maslow and Sean Avery and an Olympic pair that has to be Meryl Davis and Charlie White.

I'll miss Gleb.

Nooooo! :( I really like Tristan but maybe it isn't bad news afterall he never gets a good partner & maybe with new producers from the time he auditioned for strictly you never know.

Meryl said she wanted Derek so wouldn't be surprised Charlie wanted Julianne but don't think that will happen probably Emma or Karina

Apparently the celebs were too tall for Sasha someone asked Kristyn about Paul & she said well that would be the perfect fit wouldn't it but nothing confirmed

People seems more interested in the pros than celebs.
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'll miss Gleb.

:cry::cry::cry: Also find any decision not to have Tris back incomprehensible. Am so over Maks. Really hoping for some last minute changes :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

People seems more interested in the pros than celebs.

Well, I know who they are ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Well, I know who they are ;-)

:):D

No kidding. Except for NeNe Leakes (who I know nothing about except what she looks like) and the as-yet-unidentified Olympic pair, most of the names leaked so far are Who?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :):D

No kidding. Except for NeNe Leakes and the as-yet-unidentified Olympic pair, most of the names leaked so far are Who?

BIB errrm....sorry :blush::p

(Dunno how serious Jaclyn Smith rumour is, but I have at least heard of her :)).

To be honest, I don't generally know many of them on the US show, so it doesn't bother me - just means I'm not able to get into the speculation, I suppose. In some ways it's nice to start without any preconceptions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    BIB errrm....sorry :blush::p

(Dunno how serious Jaclyn Smith rumour is, but I have at least heard of her :)).

To be honest, I don't generally know many of them on the US show, so it doesn't bother me - just means I'm not able to get into the speculation, I suppose. In some ways it's nice to start without any preconceptions.

:)--->BIB. Yes, that's the consensus. She's so tall - 5'9" - you'd think she'll need to be paired with either Tony or Maks, but would they do that to Maks his first season back? I'm guessing Tony will get the honor. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to sum up the rumours ....

Male Pros (6 places)
    Derek - IN (requested by ice skater lady perhaps?)
    Gleb - OUT
    Val - IN
    Tony - IN (how come he never takes a break? Sigh)
    Mark - IN
    Sasha - OUT
    Tristan - OUT
    Henry - IN (per Kristyn Burtt)
    Maks - opinions differ....pro/judge/out...

Female Pros (6 places)
    Cheryl - IN
    Tyne Stecklein - OUT
    Sharna – IN (?)
    Peta - IN
    Karina - IN
    Emma – IN
    Witney – IN (per Kristyn Burtt)

Troupe
    Lindsay Arnold – IN (per Kristyn)
    Jenna Johnson (from SYTYCD)
    Paul ? (SYTYCD)
    Julian Tocker – OUT
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tristan out. Sigh....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I recall correctly, the only 'differing' opinion on Maks returning as a pro was from a Maks fan who insisted he wouldn't be a pro again.

Both Kristyn Burtt and DWTS Gossip reported Maks back as a pro. I think Heidi (who wrote the above list) got confused by Kristyn's "??!!" after Maks' name--but Kristyn explained it was only because she was stunned by the news.

In deciding whether to believe Kristyn Burtt and DWTSGossip or a random fan, DWTSGossip has always had a sterling track record.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem and Sasha have just been reported by Kristyn Burtt for the Troupe. Girls are Jenna Johnson and Lindsay Arnold.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artem and Sasha have just been reported by Kristyn Burtt for the Troupe. Girls are Jenna Johnson and Lindsay Arnold.

Sasha tweeted this yesterday

@SashaFarber: Some people see this as, taking one step back, in order to take two steps forward. I see it as a Cha cha. :p

Suggested he is going back to troupe.

There still seems to be some confusion re Maks, Tristan & Derek, a Maks fan is insisting that Maks isn't on as he is getting treatment for his back so Derek is replacing him not Tristan.

Does anyone know when the official announcement is?

Not happy re Artem as not sure how this leaves his place on SCD
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Does anyone know when the official announcement is?

Not happy re Artem as not sure how this leaves his place on SCD

Think it's on 4th March (haven't checked - just what someone said up-thread). I worry about Artem too. He'd better be coming back to SCD in the Autumn...:o
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    If Tristan is out can't we pension off Anton or Robin and get him on Strictly?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Tristan is out can't we pension off Anton or Robin and get him on Strictly?!

I second that would love Tristan on SCD but can't see it happening as he is just recently married
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    I second that would love Tristan on SCD but can't see it happening as he is just recently married

Oh yes Tristan for SCD, hmm, need to start a petition.:D:D:D;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't have him, he's ours. :D
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for the new series.
    Unfortunately, us Brits will have to watch it on the delights of you tube.
    It used to be on Watch on UK tv.
  • StrictlyEastendStrictlyEastend Posts: 35,455
    Forum Member
    As much as I like him, I think it is time Derek let someone else win!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I like him, I think it is time Derek let someone else win!

Tristan himself scoffed at the suggestion Derek needed to step aside in order to let somene else win. Let me find you his quote:

“It’s really up to Derek and where his ambitions lay, I guess,” Tristan answered. “Either way he is a great appeal and would be a great loss — maybe he has a lot of good offers, but not what he wants has come up yet, we will never know! People might say it's the right time to go, but every season everyone has as much chance as Derek to win. It’s funny when people suggest who is going to win before it even starts! You can only do what you can and everyone is always too quick to assume who is the best. There is no doubt that Derek is unbelievable, but I don’t think it’s right to suggest that he has to leave to ‘give the rest of us a chance.'.”

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-02-12-season-18-tristan-macmanus-derek
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't have him, he's ours. :D

Well according to rumours you don't want him anymore :( or at least not this season so we'll take him off your hands & give you Anton fair swap? ;-) :D

As for Derek he shouldn't quit to give other pros a chance if the pros want to win they need to beat him and his partner as well as everyone else he has been beaten before & will be beaten again. I would like Derek to have a real challenge this season (can't see it happening tbh as I think he will be paired up with Meryl) to see what he can do with someone who isn't as capable however I don't think Amber was a natural dancer or was an obvious winner last season but their fanbases combined were unbeatable.