✭✭✭
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Blofeld, let's face it, nothing he did ever went right

He killed Bond's wife.
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    CABLEDUDE wrote: »
    Blofeld, let's face it, nothing he did ever went right and when he did die, it wasn't in blazing glory, it was being dropped down a chimney

A bit like the Daleks...in fact he was almost turning into Davros in his last appearance.

And Bond keeps regenerating too... is 007 a Time Lord
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be a toss-up for me between Q, as played by John Cleese (Basil Fawlty in a white coat)
    and the character played by Rowan Atkinson in Never Say Never Again.
    Both of them - useless AND annoying
  • Options
    spiney2spiney2 Posts: 27,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in the early bond movies it was M. irrelevant to all plots. there only so he could explain to bond what the mission was ........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ... in the books M is a retired admiral and there's a slight suggestion of homoerotic attraction between the 2 "rugged" men. something fleming could never hav made overt of course. bear in mind the orignal novels are full of (false!) "sexual folklore" ......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...... the homoerotic angle IS made explicit in the "oss" french james bond comedy spoofs. it is there in the fleming novels if u read them carefully ......
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be a toss-up for me between Q, as played by John Cleese (Basil Fawlty in a white coat)
    and the character played by Rowan Atkinson in Never Say Never Again.
    Both of them - useless AND annoying
    I would have to agree. I hated John Cleese being in the Bond films and Rowan Atkinson is as funny as toothache. Thankfully their participation didn't last.