Desperate Housewives question

2»

Comments

• Fraser92Fraser92 Posts: 373
    Forum Member
    Back to the original topic on he show I always fel it was bree and gabby who were the closest. Then lynette was probably closest to Susan. I Miss the show so much even if it did lose a bit of its original charm in the later few seasons.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, watching it back, Bree and Gabby do seem to be the closest. Susan and Gabby also come off as very close at times.
    The episode after Edie's death in which Nicolette Sheridan narrates always makes me cry. I loved the character of Edie and think Nicolette was highly underrated.
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    What was wrong with the things we were talking about exactly?

Your thread has been prominent due to our posts.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think anyone said anything was wrong. :p We did all kind of hijack the thread away from it's original purpose. :D

Anyway, I'd say that Bree and Gabrielle are meant to be the closest - I think in the last season in particular they tried to make that point. :)
  • nWo 2013nWo 2013 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Cool enjoy your/the thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry guys- more than happy for my thread to be hijacked (within reason!).
    On twitter, Eva comes across as absolutely lovely and has denied a feud several times. Though I'm sure she's just being diplomatic!
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Bree and Gaby seem the closest to me. I absolutely love this show! Still haven't got round to watch the final season yet! But i'm going to start and rewatch them all from the beginning again!

As for the 'feud'.. I don't think there was a major feud, i think it was just that the other 3 girls got on really well and were all close to each other.. And they just weren't that close with Teri. I still think it's very weird that she wasn't apart of the leaving present at the wrap party...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Bree and Gaby seem the closest to me. I absolutely love this show! Still haven't got round to watch the final season yet! But i'm going to start and rewatch them all from the beginning again!

As for the 'feud'.. I don't think there was a major feud, i think it was just that the other 3 girls got on really well and were all close to each other.. And they just weren't that close with Teri. I still think it's very weird that she wasn't apart of the leaving present at the wrap party...

I love it too- just rewatching season 4, best season IMO
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »

I finally got around to watching the final season a few weeks ago.

A real shame it was the last, as I honestly thought it had a lot more life left in it to do a few more seasons. The final season was as good as any of the previous years IMO. A shame they axed it.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    I miss this show so much :( It was a really fantastic show, i thought it was great how it ended but I really wish they got up to S10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought seasons 6 and 7 were a little below par but season 8 was brilliant
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nWo 2013 wrote: »
    Wow why did she decide to join later?

Because she preferred the role of Katherine?
    Because she didn't have other projects at the same time?

Could be anything.
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    iirc Nicolette Sheridan auditioned for and wanted to play Susan's part
    and Dana Delaney was originally offered Bree's role but turned it down ;)

Also Susan's role was originally written for Mary Louise Parker (Weeds)

Personally I think she was far more suited to her character in Weeds and Teri to Susan.
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    I miss this show so much :( It was a really fantastic show, i thought it was great how it ended but I really wish they got up to S10.

Hear, hear!
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also Susan's role was originally written for Mary Louise Parker (Weeds)

Personally I think she was far more suited to her character in Weeds and Teri to Susan.

I remember at the time the show premiered it was said that Courtney Cox was in mind for Susan as well (Friends had just ended) but she turned it down because she was pregnant and wanted time off.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Teri Hatcher is on "This Morning" starting at 10.30, could be interesting :D