Person of Interest S3: US Pace

Comments

• Options
    Alien28Alien28 Posts: 1,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    You are correct.

Oops seems I missed a few posts (including one that answered the question already) between starting my reply and submitting my reply.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's always struck me that "Detective Carter" looks a bit like an older version of Tammi Terrell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-UvQYAmbg
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Special Agent Root, FBI :cool:
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they'll give us a spin-off following Root's "adventures", with the two series sometimes showing the same story but from differing stand/view points. :) - though such a series might get a bit samey as each ep would end with her blasting away like a badass a bunch of baddies with double pistols
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better episode this week, although I did struggle to understand the logic behind Root sending Vigilance to the high school after Reece and Shaw.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much better episode this week, although I did struggle to understand the logic behind Root sending Vigilance to the high school after Reece and Shaw.

Vigilance keep changing the way they communicate and Root needed to figure out their new way so she leaked the information so that Vigilance would start communicating again when she was tracking how they did. Now she knows their new method of communication.

She also knew that Reese and Shaw could take care of themselves so leaking their position was the best option for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    Vigilance keep changing the way they communicate and Root needed to figure out their new way so she leaked the information so that Vigilance would start communicating again when she was tracking how they did. Now she knows their new method of communication.

She also knew that Reese and Shaw could take care of themselves so leaking their position was the best option for her.

Thanks, I sometimes do think I need to watch the show twice as I'm sure I miss bits:blush:
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I sometimes do think I need to watch the show twice as I'm sure I miss bits:blush:

I know how you feel, sorta. Whenever I watch things with my wife she has a million questions about things even though we are watching the same show, it's the same with my sister.
  • Options
    eggshelleggshell Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Highlight of the tv week for me.

The arc continued whilst overlapping very humorously with a "number of the week" story.

Paraphrasing a bit but some great lines:

Reed: How do you stay so young with all the stress.

Shaw: Every so often I shoot someone.

Reese : how's that for fast ?

Shaw admiring Reeds plan then quickly saying "oh but killings wrong..well that's what my friends are always telling me"

Doug..."I'm so confused..."

Just a great, great show.
  • Options
    sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me waft Root said at the end to Harold about where she was going? Also what was the machine doing at the end?

Thanks
  • Options
    Mairi_CameronMairi_Cameron Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    sharon7 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me waft Root said at the end to Harold about where she was going? Also what was the machine doing at the end?

Thanks

I can't remember her exact words but because the govt shut down Northern Lights, the machine rerouted all the terrorist threats through to Root, so as she left Harold she was getting a whole load of details of stuff she'd now have to take care of.
  • Options
    sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    I can't remember her exact words but because the govt shut down Northern Lights, the machine rerouted all the terrorist threats through to Root, so as she left Harold she was getting a whole load of details of stuff she'd now have to take care of.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That should be "re-Rooted" ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    That should be "re-Rooted" ;)

I was tempted! Was there not something on screen as the machine reRooted saying something like 'retasking analog interface' or did I imagine that?
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was tempted! Was there not something on screen as the machine reRooted saying something like 'retasking analog interface' or did I imagine that?

Yes it said that on screen. I was assuming the Machine was referring to the device Root had implanted in her ear, or perhaps it could actually mean Root was the analog interface.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes it said that on screen. I was assuming the Machine was referring to the device Root had implanted in her ear, or perhaps it could actually mean Root was the analog interface.

Yes, Root is the analog interface, she's labelled as that in the opening credits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow

That was an immense, kind of frightening episode that felt epic in so many ways.

The fact that our guys had their world turned upside down and then we end with Samaritan on the hunt for them.

Really couldn't find the words for just how good this was..the intensity was off the scale.

Wow again !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it was another great episode. I just don't know where they are going to go with the morality of the machine.

Did it really want them to kill the senator or not?

The trouble is with them making 'Samaritan' sound like a nuclear bomb they are either going to have to disappoint and have it fail to make an impact, or we are going to loss some much loved characters if it succeeds.

I would have thought the machine would have had Root do any dirty work needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I would have thought the machine would have had Root do any dirty work needed.

I thought precisely the same and had two thoughts :

1) it was a rather trite test by the machine of our guys morality

2) The machine was confused and looked to Finch for guidance on how to handle the senator.

In prefer 2 !!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent episode :)

Oh, and the guy the Machine sent them after was a Congressman (member of the House of Representatives) *not* a Senator ;)

The Senator was the other guy, the one who helped Control with Northern Lights and was approached by Decima.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that it was strange the Machine didn't send Root to do "dirty work".
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't surprise me if Control didn't end up as an ally of Finch, or even more odd Root!....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The start of an uninterrupted 3 episode arc to end the season, and boy didn't it start well. One minor gripe I've got. When sentinel was scouring the CCTV for John et al, why don't they go out in disguise as surely it only uses facial recognition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The start of an uninterrupted 3 episode arc to end the season, and boy didn't it start well. One minor gripe I've got. When sentinel was scouring the CCTV for John et al, why don't they go out in disguise as surely it only uses facial recognition?

Don't you mean 'Samaritan' rather than 'Sentinel'?

But I know what you mean. Most of the time they did go out with their faces masked. Root had her hood and scarf on most of the time. Thankfully it was cold this time of the year.

They should come up with an idea to fool the cctv cameras some how. Perhaps photoshop faces onto their images some how.

It was a very good episode and so good to see Finche's ex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty emotional episode and even Greer got the chance to show a bit of humanity.

Person of Interest Season 3 .. the season that could do no wrong !!!