now TV

Hi have virgin 152 mb with a superhub2 . got now TV for Atlantic but can't connect wireless . error code 014 ,done all the usual resets no good local connection not connecting . any suggestions please thanks

Comments

• gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taken from now tv forums, this is a known issue with virgin medias superhubs and yet VM do nothing as usual.

You may see the error message 014, during the setup of your NOW TV box, when attempting to connect your NOW TV box to your wireless network.

To move past this message, you’ll need to complete the following sequence, by pressing the buttons on your NOW TV box remote control in quick succession:

Home (x5)
    Fast Forward
    Play
    Rewind
    Play
    Fast Forward

If the above is done correctly, you’ll see a new screen pop up called ‘Platform Secret Screen’ which will display two green bars and four further options. Please select ‘Disable Network Pings’ from the list of available options.

Once you’ve done this, simply click back on your remote control until you reach the connection setup page, and attempt to connect to a network.

If the steps don't work, please reset your NOW TV Box, and try to connect it to your wireless network again.

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Error-014-NOW-TV-box
  • arteseaartesea Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    If the pings don't work set up the guest wifi on the Superhub and connect the NowTV box to that access point.
  • St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the above doesn't work how close is the Now TV box to your Superhub? I had one of my boxes not connect because it was too close to the router, my router is directly under my tv and I'd put the Now TV box next to it assuming it would get the best connection there but I had to move it about 6 feet away for a connection to be made
  • SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve got 3 Roku streamers on my Virgin connection that also suffered the same problem but that’s not surprising as the Now boxes are made by Roku too.

The ping fixed noted here will fix the problem, well it did on my 2 Roku streaming sticks but when I brought a Roku 3 a bit later I found the Roku 3 did not have the option to turn the ping off in the secret menu however even though the Roku was not being recognised by my Hub 2 router you can still use the update software option on the 3 and after doing this the option to turn off the ping appears in the secret menu.
  • gdog38gdog38 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Will Now Tv add Syfi, Watch, Universel and E Enterament to there service. Thanks.

Grog 38
  • Jimmy_BarnesJimmy_Barnes Posts: 895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gdog38 wrote: »
    Will Now Tv add Syfi, Watch, Universel and E Enterament to there service. Thanks.

I doubt it. But they added ITV Encore, which I never expected, so stranger things have happened.
  • gdog38gdog38 Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    I have to watch this space. As this will be good additions to the lineup.