The Saturdays in America

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XXU7IGTpuY

New promo for the show.

And What About Us is back in the iTunes Pop Chart at #1459.

Uh-oh. Looks like it's flopping badly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uh-oh. Looks like it's flopping badly.

I don't think it's been sent to radio yet and the promotion hasn't even started.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The girls are being interviewed on Chelsea Lately on the 10th January.

I thought it was on the 9th? Oh well, doesn't matter. I expect it to be one of those interviews in which Chelsea clearly has no idea who she is interviewing, and just makes jokes about these unknowns from UK. I'm expecting material about (either the Sats or Chelsea sleeping with) The Wanted and 1D, drinking in the US and comments about The Sats' bodies.

Hopefully the girls are prepared for Chelsea's style. (Maybe the show has been recorded already?)
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,916
    Forum Member
    Look forward to seeing that on Youtube then ^
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    It's weird that there's no add date yet
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're performing at the Golden Globe after party next weekend, too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if they got a slot on The Voice as it's on the NBC network just like their E! show I think.
    Forum Member
    Stally wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if they got a slot on The Voice as it's on the NBC network just like their E! show I think.

I just looked it up and E! is part of an NBC branch called NBCUniversal Cable, so it is owned by them. My personal favourite TV station, CNBC is owned by NBC's News division.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just looked it up and E! is part of an NBC branch called NBCUniversal Cable, so it is owned by them. My personal favourite TV station, CNBC is owned by NBC's News division.

:yawn::yawn::yawn: :p:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's worrying is that there's no news about a radio impact date yet.
    Forum Member
    MTUK1 wrote: »
    :yawn::yawn::yawn: :p:D

I take it you were waiting for me to mention it? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read on another forum that What About US has been getting airplay by KIISS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And What About Us is back in the iTunes Pop Chart at #1459.

24 hours later it's at #1111. Making decent progress.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not gonna do anything until the show and Leno.

If it doesn't take off with the show,etc then uh-oh. But for now no biggie.

I wonder if they can get promo on "the voice"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #766 on iTunes Pop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is it on the actual iTunes chart?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where is it on the actual iTunes chart?

#1453. Up to #375 on the Pop Charts. Keep in mind, though, that it hasn't been sent to radio or had any promotion yet. Promotion starts tomorrow night on Chelsea Lately.

Apparently they're also doing The Today Show.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    #303 on Pop iTunes.
    #1221 on regular iTunes.

Video out on Friday at 8am on Vevo.

More promo confirmed such as The Today Show on the 16th (interview and performance) and an interview on the 25th on the Jeff Probst Show. Chelsea Lately tonight, though!
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I actually like the song now, I hope it does well in America, I don't want them to flop.

But tbf, The Wanted released All Time Low in America and that flopped and then released Glad You Came and it did amazing so it won't be the end of the world if it doesn't peak in the Top 100.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They've just now been chosen as the first Vevo Lift artist of 2013. This means they'll have ads on Vevo before videos start and have banners in the background of videos etc.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I dont hate the Saturdays by any means but I dont see how they can try and crack the USA after their average success in their home country, lets be fair they just arent that good and lack some X Factor.

They have the likeability factor and sure they can all sing but I cant see them being HUGE, it all seems desperate moves to crack the usa now, just my opinion of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont hate the Saturdays by any means but I dont see how they can try and crack the USA after their average success in their home country, lets be fair they just arent that good and lack some X Factor.

They have the likeability factor and sure they can all sing but I cant see them being HUGE, it all seems desperate moves to crack the usa now, just my opinion of course

I think it's a combination of a few things. Their image is inconsistant, their live vocals are hit and miss (Vanessa losing her voice was a big loss), their musical style is all over the place and the promotion is very questionable at times. Radio seem to have abandoned them in the UK so I think it's a wise move to go to the UK since their image is very American and they can have a fresh start.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I think it's a combination of a few things. Their image is inconsistant, their live vocals are hit and miss (Vanessa losing her voice was a big loss), their musical style is all over the place and the promotion is very questionable at times. Radio seem to have abandoned them in the UK so I think it's a wise move to go to the UK since their image is very American and they can have a fresh start.

Agree on all points there. Re musical style they should have stayed with the 1st album as it was "the Saturdays" style which worked.

The last few years its seemed like they followed whatever trend was happeneding that month, it has always been desperate.

The girls dont seem strong enough to take the reigns on anything and their poor management have taken them down the wrongs paths
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    They've just now been chosen as the first Vevo Lift artist of 2013. This means they'll have ads on Vevo before videos start and have banners in the background of videos etc.

That's amazing promo wow!

And they're working with Darkchild.......I think they could surprise everyone.