Kathy Griffin quits fashion police

2»

Comments

• oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No real surprise. It just wasn't the same without Joan.

Agree completely
    maybe the biggest mistake was rushing it back for awards season they could have just done a series of specials and dropped the "comedy" aspect and just covered the fashion then taken longer for the normal series.
  • tim18tim18 Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The show doesnt need to be all about the style it needs to be about the humor,

E! Will have a ratings hit if this was their line up-

Nene leakes (joans seat)
    Nicole ritchie
    Ross matthews
    Giulana rancic

I am sure E! Could realistically get all 4!

What you guys think?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tim18 wrote: »
    The show doesnt need to be all about the style it needs to be about the humor,

E! Will have a ratings hit if this was their line up-

Nene leakes (joans seat)
    Nicole ritchie
    Ross matthews
    Giulana rancic

I am sure E! Could realistically get all 4!

What you guys think?

Nene Leakes is not funny.
  • viertevierte Posts: 4,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, I do not like her either
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not only is she not funny she has no taste in clothes either.
  • nats18nats18 Posts: 8,186
    Forum Member
    I think FP was only worthwhile watching with Joan I watched an episode with Kathy and it just wasn't good.I also don't think they can recreate it so either it needs to reformat to just another look at what they are wearing or it has to be left alone
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea Tony has also left the show (he was head writer) and often featured in the reality show with Joan and Melissa because confirmed what a lot of people think here.
    doubts the show will return and wont work without Joan. They need someone with years of being offensive and not caring. He also confirmed apart from Joan they all read from autocue so anything said has been written,

Think it would have been better just putting specials on around award season I just wonder if that's the way it will go.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3003126/Former-Fashion-Police-writers-cast-doubt-future-insisting-E-series-just-won-t-work-without-Joan-Rivers.html
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Replacing the Joan was never going to be an easy task, I'm just surprised its fell apart so quick.

Maybe they could go back to the previous version of the show - the 'boring' one, that was more of a serious take on things........ nah this is E! they'd never do that!