Options

First Dates Ch4 Thursday 9pm

Comments

• Options
    amyawakeamyawake Posts: 7,848
    Forum Member
    Is accepting with alacrity and delight like high fiving your minge on someone's forehead?

No...it's showing that pleasure can be obtained with class.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AndrewPd wrote: »
    I like it when two nice people find each other.
    Yes me too. Not playing up to the camera but just letting their natural character shine through and being graced with an opportune occasion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    toofast wrote: »
    If you are really attracted to woman they why date one who looks and dresses like a man???
    Why do gay men sometimes like to look feminine? It's about balancing our masculine and feminine sides.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bit boring. Kind of going off this show.
    I enjoyed it tonight. Perhaps you would have preferred last week's (more basic/physical) offering?
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    That was alright, no nastiness tonight.
    Got to say again, they've done a good job matching the daters together this series, so far there don't seem to be any long distance matches, like we had last series.

I don't think any of us regulars would have predicted what happened with Max and his date after the list of requirements.
  • Options
    evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had tears in my eyes when old couple were talking about there partners who died :(
    Yes they were lovely. I was moved when she took his hand being interviewed. I wish we had better representation of ages instead of the younger vacuous dates.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I really fancied the chinese lesbian...seeing as I'm straight I found that odd!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really fancied the chinese lesbian...seeing as I'm straight I found that odd!

Yes I know what you mean, she did have a certain something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Radio Times reviewers take on the program, reviews on other episodes are worth a read too IMO.
    http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-03-25/first-dates-episode-four-david-tennant-super-fans-cross-dressers-and-geriatrics

It's filmed at the Paternoster Chop house, I only remember the area now because I was round there when the Cranes where going up, I'm in Cranage.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God more 'Essex' people!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    God more 'Essex' people!!
    Ha...TOWIE wannabes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bin the maître'd and the chatty barman.
    The maitre'd has appeared on TV before. I think he worked for Ramsey?

It's Fred Sirieux - he was on Service with Michel Roux Jr. Works at Galvin At Windows. He is a really lovely guy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's Fred Sirieux - he was on Service with Michel Roux Jr. Works at Galvin At Windows. He is a really lovely guy.

He seems to act like an expert in relationships....is he? Is he in a successful relationship, for instance? I find his comments a bit irritating and slightly patronising.
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    addres1986 wrote: »
    He's very nice isn't he! Check out the pics on his Twitter they're smoking.

www.twitter.com/kaneturnaxxx/media/grid?idx=0&tid=580514981139111937

You could have someone's eye out with that!

As lovely a specimen as it is, I'm afraid I've gone right off him now. I've moved on. Call me fickle.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    amyawake wrote: »
    He seems to act like an expert in relationships....is he? Is he in a successful relationship, for instance? I find his comments a bit irritating and slightly patronising.

People can often come across as patronising without intending to I find ,He seems like a nice bloke who actually wants things to work out , I suspect the cheesy lines are given to him rather than his own though
  • Options
    EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the maître d's good manners. He does his job exceptionally well, as does the barman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    People can often come across as patronising without intending to I find ,He seems like a nice bloke who actually wants things to work out , I suspect the cheesy lines are given to him rather than his own though

Yes I can see he is well meaning and I agree that certain lines are probably given to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    EuanMebabe wrote: »
    I love the maître d's good manners. He does his job exceptionally well, as does the barman.
    Well - about the maitre d - I thought so too until about 2 weeks ago. He walked directly up to one of the blind dates (who so obviously fancied him) and gave her a knowing look....whilst her blind date was at the table and despaired at what he saw. The blind date was floundering enough without the reminder of how he didn't measure up. I thought it was in poor and indulgent taste. He could have been more discreeet. Someone else here commented on this too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    amyawake wrote: »
    Well - about the maitre d - I thought so too until about 2 weeks ago. He walked directly up to one of the blind dates (who so obviously fancied him) and gave her a knowing look....whilst her blind date was at the table and despaired at what he saw. The blind date was floundering enough without the reminder of how he didn't measure up. I thought it was in poor and indulgent taste. He could have been more discreeet. Someone else here commented on this too.

That was Sav and Lucy, 'high five his face' Lucy, he wasn't floundering with Lucy from the minute they left the bar she was grinning.
    OK you don't like Fred and the Waitresses, lots of us don't have a problem with them, don't manufacture stuff that isn't there.
    There was a slight 'missed beat' but Sav didn't have any problems 'measuring up' as far as Lucy was concerned.
    Oh same goes for the 'relationship expert' I don't know where you got that from, couple of quick pieces to camera.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That was Sav and Lucy, 'high five his face' Lucy, he wasn't floundering with Lucy from the minute they left the bar she was grinning.
    OK you don't like Fred and the Waitresses, lots of us don't have a problem with them, don't manufacture stuff that isn't there.
    There was a slight 'missed beat' but Sav didn't have any problems 'measuring up' as far as Lucy was concerned.
    Oh same goes for the 'relationship expert' I don't know where you got that from, couple of quick pieces to camera.
    Huh? I am not sure it was Sav...think you may not have observed what took place.

When the male blind date saw what the maitre d did, i.e. walk directly up to his blind date and exchange knowing, flirty looks with her....he was exasperated, i.e. he waved his hands around. Did you not see this? It is not just me who noticed the maitre d's behaviour on this.
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On air - ep 4/9. Anyone else watching?
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it a repeat?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Is it a repeat?
    Yes! ..
  • Options
    Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuanMebabe wrote: »

I like both of them as well and personally don't think their comments to camera are off putting or intrusive.

Was Mitchell winding his date up about dressing up in womens clothes or not, got a bit confused with it!
  • Options
    alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New ep live now