This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 18**

SupportSupport Posts: 70,496
Administrator
Tricoteiro wrote: »
Note to Robin after seeing his pro challenge- if you have to hold your pecs when you are dancing it is clearly time to stop building them up. Clutching your moobs is not attractive

This thread is a continuation of: This is Most Definitely Not An Appreciation Thread **Part 17**

Comments

• perdiedumplingperdiedumpling Posts: 8,540
    Forum Member
    RoseAnne wrote: »
    Yes. Cheap and nasty! I'd forgotten about Anita's allsorts dress :eek:

I've heard mention of the dresses being done by an external agency (Sue Judd?) for past series. When did they start doing them in-house? I was looking at some old clips from the show recently and was reminded how beautiful some of the dresses were. Rachel and Alesha in particular had some fabulous ones. In those earlier series there were always some dresses which had the wow factor. Nowadays they stand out more because of the bleeugh factor!

Victoria's... QS? one was lovely.

This series, they keep mucking up nice dresses. Kimberley had a gorgeous VW(?) dress, that they spoiled by putting on something that looked like fish scales. I liked Dani's tango dress, but that doesn't mean I want that silhouette on her every week.

The cut-out that they used for Kimberley and then for Dani last week is tacky. Do not like it at all. Putting Dani in her samba outfit was mean as it called attention to the problem area.

They cannot dress a larger woman. I know Lisa would be relatively hard as she's a round barrel without much shape, but the choice of colours, shapes, fabrics have been all wrong.

Then there are the horrors that could never be salvaged like Victoria's PD thing.
    Forum Member
    Hopes everyone grabbed onto the booze and cats and has made it over all right!
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who's clearing up the old thread? We need to bring the alcohol over, it's the only way some of you will survive. I'm seriously thinking of drinking again, it might be the only way to get through BB in all her "glory". :eek:
  • coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read that as gory and wondered for a brief moment if she had finally tipped over into full blown serial killer I must win frenzy

but I digress in the old thread ( i brought some of the alcohol and some of those fabulous throws) I was about to post about Robin's moobs, I was just surprised at the amount of wobble in the kick ball challenge, anyone think they are falsies ?

He just seems to be shrinking in every other part of him except those jiggly moobs:eek:
  • mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    Who's clearing up the old thread? We need to bring the alcohol over, it's the only way some of you will survive. I'm seriously thinking of drinking again, it might be the only way to get through BB in all her "glory". :eek:

I just kicked the empties under the chaise longue and shut the door :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    I just kicked the empties under the chaise longue and shut the door :o

Tarquin will flounce. ;)
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    I read that as gory and wondered for a brief moment if she had finally tipped over into full blown serial killer I must win frenzy

but I digress in the old thread ( i brought some of the alcohol and some of those fabulous throws) I was about to post about Robin's moobs, I was just surprised at the amount of wobble in the kick ball challenge, anyone think they are falsies ?

He just seems to be shrinking in every other part of him except those jiggly moobs:eek:

His face look false this year too , all pouty and odd ,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His face look false this year too , all pouty and odd ,

I never notice anything about Robin except his ears, his ears transfix me, one sticks out and is more pointy at the top than the other, they're very weird and they're all I see every time he's on screen. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Victoria's... QS? one was lovely.

This series, they keep mucking up nice dresses. Kimberley had a gorgeous VW(?) dress, that they spoiled by putting on something that looked like fish scales. I liked Dani's tango dress, but that doesn't mean I want that silhouette on her every week.

The cut-out that they used for Kimberley and then for Dani last week is tacky. Do not like it at all. Putting Dani in her samba outfit was mean as it called attention to the problem area.

They cannot dress a larger woman. I know Lisa would be relatively hard as she's a round barrel without much shape, but the choice of colours, shapes, fabrics have been all wrong.

Then there are the horrors that could never be salvaged like Victoria's PD thing.

I really think it would help if they actually did the sketches 'to size'.

It's no use just drawing a generic fashion designer ideal of a female shape,and plonking a design on top of it. The design for Lisa's dress didn't look that bad - it's just that you are looking at it and thinking - yeah but the picture has a waist ... and not a lot in the chesticle area ... and yay sparkly net lace stuff over the arms again ... oh and in tangerine. Yikes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarquin will flounce. ;)

Sorry Tarquin :o

Will go back and put some in the recylcling ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I never notice anything about Robin except his ears, his ears transfix me, one sticks out and is more pointy at the top than the other, they're very weird and they're all I see every time he's on screen. :o

As he's on screen with Lisa a lot maybe fixing on his ears is for the best.
  • SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    Ah a nice new thread to litter with rubbish..... :rolleyes:

My saccarinely sweet plea obviously worked...

At least we have time to line the thread before the semi final starts...!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rosamunda wrote: »
    As he's on screen with Lisa a lot maybe fixing on his ears is for the best.

Good point. ;):D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Hello. My cat has flounced (she is a rescue sociopath who gets by on her looks - snow bengal) and is still over there staring at the wall and practising for Christmas visitors. She'll come when she's hungry, although there's quite a bit of Tarquin to be going on with.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Vincent has got pointy elf ears that make him look rather endearing (sorry, no pun intended). Robin's just look rather unsettling. Do you think he's done some amateur boxing? or maybe rugby, that messes up their ears doesn't it.
  • tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dianie wrote: »
    Hello. My cat has flounced (she is a rescue sociopath who gets by on her looks - snow bengal) and is still over there staring at the wall and practising for Christmas visitors. She'll come when she's hungry, although there's quite a bit of Tarquin to be going on with.

She sounds beautiful! I've heard that a lot of Bengals need rescuing, despite their high price to buy as pedigrees, because silly people buy them as a status symbol or for their visual appeal without taking into account their somewhat demanding behaviour.
    Forum Member
    mindyann wrote: »
    I really think it would help if they actually did the sketches 'to size'.

It's no use just drawing a generic fashion designer ideal of a female shape,and plonking a design on top of it. The design for Lisa's dress didn't look that bad - it's just that you are looking at it and thinking - yeah but the picture has a waist ... and not a lot in the chesticle area ... and yay sparkly net lace stuff over the arms again ... oh and in tangerine. Yikes.

Yup. No one is the shape of the sketches they start with. The sketches look pretty, but only Kimberley or maybe Jerry of this year's cast looks even anything like the shape they use - too elongated for Dani, too much boob for Victoria, too much hips for Denise and just wrong for Fern and Lisa. And even then, it's an exaggerated version of Kimberley or Jerry.

If they started with a realistic figure, then maybe the dresses would come out better.

Oh, and stop buying job lots of mystery fabric that they then feel obliged to use.
    Forum Member
    Vincent has got pointy elf ears that make him look rather endearing (sorry, no pun intended). Robin's just look rather unsettling. Do you think he's done some amateur boxing? or maybe rugby, that messes up their ears doesn't it.

I think Robin's rule is "never the face!"
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louis Smith used to be a street dancer.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/4697554/aston-merrygold-louis-smith-street-dance.html
    Nothing story really but at least we now know he has had some dancing experience.
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/strictly_come_dancing/4697554/aston-merrygold-louis-smith-street-dance.html
    Nothing story really but at least we now know he has had some dancing experience.

Not especially surprising - he's done his Michael Jackson moves etc. often enough.

Is this the ringery-ish final 5 ever?! :eek::eek::p
  • serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think there's a slight difference between messing around and having dance offs with your friends as kids & having formal lessons. Or does this mean that all the times I spent practicing Spice Girls routines in my bedroom as a kid in the 90s mean that I would be classed as a ringer too if I ever made it on SCD?
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    serafimo wrote: »
    I think there's a slight difference between messing around and having dance offs with your friends as kids & having formal lessons. Or does this mean that all the times I spent practicing Spice Girls routines in my bedroom as a kid in the 90s mean that I would be classed as a ringer too if I ever made it on SCD?

Ringah!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
  • PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Not especially surprising - he's done his Michael Jackson moves etc. often enough.

Is this the ringery-ish final 5 ever?! :eek::eek::p

Yup...:D:D:D:D
  • serafimoserafimo Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Ringah!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

:cry::cry: There go my dreams of lifting the glitterball with St Ian of Waite...
  • MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit difficult to find contestants who've never ever danced, not ever. It's obvious even Lisa has extensive experience of the hokey cokey.
This discussion has been closed.