Sasparella wrote: »
    Teehee, sorry, couldn't resist ;)

:D:D
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trebanos wrote: »
    You haven't moved on. No one has to right to tell others what to discuss in an open forum. Posts that are not interesting soon disappear - those discussions that are relevant stay up - even if they're a load of piffle about some long gone previous BB.

People come and go all the time. I know for a fact that many leave because they get cheesed off reading reams of rubbish from the same posters - day in, day out. They just suck the life out of forums.

It looks like it's not me that needs to move on.

You are so right about the uninteresting posts disappearing or the ones that are constant drivel of the same old thing, hence why so any of the Jim and Linda threads HAVE disappeared from this forum. If you note it's the same people most of the time that post the bile and nastiness about Linda and even Jim, time after time. Is that not sucking the life out of the forums then?
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi riverside, I was actually referring to you as one of the long term posters that hardly posts now and more intelligent actually. I hardly see you on here now and it most definitely is not a case of people not agreeing with me but more the case of the nasty bile thrown about on here this year. Can you honestly say that there have been fun posts and laughs this year, if there has then I have missed them.

I have no favourite this year and not a big fan of Linda's either but do find the constant barrage of insults about her all the time over the top and downright nasty.

Ah, ok :)

I tend to avoid or ignore threads that are very abusive of any housemate to be honest so maybe that's why you haven't seen a lot of my posts. And I haven't been able to join in on any of the threads about video clips as I can't view them, but I know what you mean about the vitriol, it's not nice, but in my honest opinion, there has been as much if not more about Jim than Linda, and much worse ones considering many of the threads had to be removed. But it's like that most years to a certain degree, it probably just seems a bit worse this year because there were only 2 main contenders for DS support ie Jim and Linda. It has turned into an almost war like situation, which is quite ridiculous really :D

Anyway, onwards and upwards, hope we might agree again in the summer :cool:
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kabira wrote: »
    They did show Linda and Jim having fun together . I posted many times that I would have loved that they could have been like that more.

I saw the clip of Jim saying about the sexual tension remark and chasing Linda around the kitchen.

I also saw Jim trying many times to make peace with Linda ,I feel he genuinely wanted them to get along together.

I feel that was not how Linda wanted things, she wanted the conflict.

In her defence I think she thought she was doing what BB wanted her to do. She knew that she had been brought in because she said that she had history with him and it does make a storyline.

That is why I feel that Jim said " I know your game" because I truly felt the same, as I did think aha I know what you are up to Linda.

She also said "I'm sorry BB but Jim has been a perfect gentleman " when they were handcuffed together.I think that she was explaining why they had not been arguing.

I dearly wish that Linda could have put two fingers up to BB when she was in there and not gone along with it.

Linda even said about Ollie and how he had been told off by BB for not giving them what they want or WTTE. So I think she was very conscious of what was expected from them.

She went for the victim/sympathy/nemesis route and it is a shame as I do feel that they could have been really fun together in the house.

Maybe she thought BB would be harsh with her if she didn't stay fighting with Jim,as she seemed very odd when she said in the diary room to BB " is that a threat" when they said about joining in the doctor task.

I do not blame her for refusing to do it as if she still wanted to be at loggerheads with Jim ,it might have been hard to do that if they had had a one to one conversation about it all.

Jim did say they got on well one to one and that Linda changed when the girls came around.

I also think alcohol plays some part in it for both of them.

I do really dislike how Linda went about things in the house and out of the house but I am glad that in her interview she seems to be more settled and hopefully will not mention Jim again in a negative way.

She did do a big tour a couple of years ago, so she has worked since her husband died ,(which wasn’t the impression that the clips showed)

I am sure she still has a lot of fans that support her and maybe another tour with her sisters.

I wish her well anyway.

Kabira, what a lovely fair, and heartfelt post.Thank You.:)
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mz fit wrote: »
    So everyone allows that Dappy can change, Jim can change, Luisa can change, hundreds of BB contestants over the years can change...but Linda can't?

But she doesn't seem to have changed at all...she seems to still hate the man but in my mind she is just accepting that people won't see the light about Jim & stepping back before it reflects even worse on her, in other words damage limitation

She knows Jim has a good chance of winning so she has to distance herself from the last few weeks and almost downplay/dismiss what was said in order to really survive the situation IMO
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what exactly is it that you're suggesting, that we shouldn't judge them based on their time in the house?

That's crazy.

That's the only way for us to judge considering we know very little about many of them prior to entering the house. For example, I knew absolutely nothing about Casey, Linda, Jasmine, Ollie, Lionel or Liz. I may have heard of them but that's about it.

I knew of Jim due to his tv appearances and his charity work. I've heard stuff about him but this gave us the opportunity to see the real Jim. I thought he would be funny and he hasn't disappointed. He's entertained us all and acted with great dignity throughout. He's a worthy winner.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers. It's important to remember Jim has been convicted of just one crime and that was a minor driving offence. He also received an OBE for his services to charity. I assume he'll be the first OBE to win Big Brother!

I specifically said you should judge them on their time in the house but you shouldn't ignore their past or insist that others do. I don't think he's funny nor acted with dignity, the smutty innuendos alone are a world away from dignified. It's obvious that he fancies Casey and it's his achilles heal in as far as it's cracked his facade a little.
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't shoot me but I didn't think jay was actually nasty. Yes he was loud, crude and frankly disgusting at times but he was also a bit of a big softie. Sadly, all Linda showed was spite and bitterness. Maybe some of her good bits were edited out, I don't know but even so there were an awful lot of nasty bits to show.

Jay showed on several occasions that he has violence in him, that qualifies as nasty to me. Yes I suspect that Linda can be nasty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Link to the original thread about la Nolan tackling Julie Goodyears husband on BBOTS

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1723368

It makes interesting reading....
  • Options
    lkherelkhere Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobielad wrote: »
    Good coaching from Denise Welch too - MM suffered at her hands and she had never met him either, Tim in paper threatening him etc. Mother figure apart from the topless bit (unless your mum is liberated of course - mine's not she's 87 lol!)

Same tactics for the 3 of them.

Nasty

Denise Walsh errrgggghhhh I still cannot believe that crazy women won she was awful to Michael Madsen it was embrassing, really didn't like that CBB the only saving grace was having the double eviction of Soniaaaaaa & Kirk that was just brilliant...the fact Sonia was in such denial from then on about being evicted was so funny :D
  • Options
    AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elacurr wrote: »
    Link to the original thread about la Nolan tackling Julie Goodyears husband on BBOTS

It made awful watching. Remember it well, Julie Goodyear is married to a man who clearly loves her and comes across as decent, gentle man who is not involved in the industry. He came in to support Julie, his wife, and Linda Nolan ripped into him, because Coleen was behaving exactly the same way to Julie as Linda was to Jim (except Coleen kept it for the Diary Room). The grown man was shaking and almost in tears. She ranted, raved and treated him in such an appalling way. You would have been hard pressed to find a more vicious, old harridan if you tried. For a grown woman, who grew up in the entertainment industry, she really should have known and behaved better. Not sure if she had been drinking that night or if she has a problem with alcohol?
  • Options
    reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elacurr wrote: »

I remember watching it. I always like to have my say but, I don't usually get so animated as I did that night. I was so angry at Linda's treatment of Julie's husband, he was shaking so much as he was so nervous. She was exactly as she was on CBB, she did not give a damn and it was her opinion that mattered. She was rude, obnoxious and wouldn't even let the man speak at one point.

Hateful woman I have no time for people like that.

She has ruined it for herself and is now doing damage limitation, she may want people to forget her behaviour and the things she said and did inside and out of the house, but she has no support at all and it is her own doing and people will not forget.

I wish she would sit back and take responsibility for her own actions and this I would respect, but she will always be a victim and cannot see what she does wrong.
  • Options
    reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    It made awful watching. Remember it well, Julie Goodyear is married to a man who clearly loves her and comes across as decent, gentle man who is not involved in the industry. He came in to support Julie, his wife, and Linda Nolan ripped into him, because Coleen was behaving exactly the same way to Julie as Linda was to Jim (except Coleen kept it for the Diary Room). The grown man was shaking and almost in tears. She ranted, raved and treated him in such an appalling way. You would have been hard pressed to find a more vicious, old harridan if you tried. For a grown woman, who grew up in the entertainment industry, she really should have known and behaved better. Not sure if she had been drinking that night or if she has a problem with alcohol?

I also remember it that way as well. I don't think she has an alcohol problem, I would say she has a huge problem with her attitude. Colleen always says she is feisty, she isn't she is extremely rude and feels she is always in the right in what she says at all times.

You cannot treat people the way she treated Julie's husband. Extremely nasty person indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    AMS13 wrote: »

Funny you should say that, I thought she had knocked a few back between her eviction and her appearance on BBOTS.. I remember Eamon had left a glass of champagne behind him on the table and she tossed it back in a couple of glugs
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, ok :)

I tend to avoid or ignore threads that are very abusive of any housemate to be honest so maybe that's why you haven't seen a lot of my posts. And I haven't been able to join in on any of the threads about video clips as I can't view them, but I know what you mean about the vitriol, it's not nice, but in my honest opinion, there has been as much if not more about Jim than Linda, and much worse ones considering many of the threads had to be removed. But it's like that most years to a certain degree, it probably just seems a bit worse this year because there were only 2 main contenders for DS support ie Jim and Linda. It has turned into an almost war like situation, which is quite ridiculous really :D

Anyway, onwards and upwards, hope we might agree again in the summer :cool:

Yes riverside, onwards and upwards for sure, let's hope for more laughs and banter in the summer.

I might not have had a favourite this year but there has never been a dull moment that is for sure!