Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 93)

Comments

• Ayla_89Ayla_89 Posts: 39,663
    Forum Member
    On another note, I can totally see why Doug goes behind Ste's back :o That little speech Ste gave him about this being their one chance to make something of themselves, how can Doug let him and himself down after that? :o Poor baby has some tough choices ahead :(
  • Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    See I just hate Joel. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

I think he's just beyond vile.

And I think Andrew's a bit crap, too. Adorable as he may be. :o

I agree really, I know that Joel hasn't has a great childhood, but there is no one who can get away with hurting/bad mouthing Ste. Not even Brendan. He obviously only did it to impresses Brendan. It's rather funny that it didn't work though :p

I do think Andrew can't live up to the acting ability of Kieron and Emmett so he seems a bit rubbish :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    Ayla_89 wrote: »
    On another note, I can totally see why Doug goes behind Ste's back :o That little speech Ste gave him about this being their one chance to make something of themselves, how can Doug let him and himself down after that? :o Poor baby has some tough choices ahead :(

Yeah, same.

He's just going the wrong way about it, bless him.

ETA: Exactly, Gaga. I mean I've hated Joel since he arrived, but him shoving Ste was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

See I think they've given Andrew way too much, way too soon. I said it when he arrived, but they've thrown him with the big guns and he does not belong there. He's just cringey in his scenes with Brendan.

He's better when he's playing the teenage boy after the girls, not the big dog who's trying to hump Brendan's leg.
  • Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    Oh does this make me cruel? But when Darren saw Ste with the drawing and said "don't give up the day job"and Ste cried some more, I like to think, for a moment, Darren did actually think Ste drew that. :cool:

Are you questioning Ste's artistic skills? :p
    With Leah's ickle drawing.

Reminded me of The Simpsons, actually. The 'do it for her' episode with Homer and Maggie.

Aw, it was so beautifully acted. Kieron doesn't even have to cry buckets to make me feel for him. They've got is so right with Ste ever since this Stug thing. He was so in character tonight. Just amazing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    Oh ages ago, now. The only thing I can remember is Mitzeee breaking her heel as she tried to make a sassy exit, and Warren pee'd himself laughing at her. ;)

Ahhh, Warren and Mitzeee. They was good :cool:
  • mojo5000mojo5000 Posts: 54,086
    Forum Member
    Forgot to mention I liked the way Doug was all "Get a room" to Brendan and Joel - it felt protective of Ste, like they'd chatting about it and I really liked the way Doug was having a little dig at their arrogance. You go Doug.
    Forum Member
    :(Also, I'm inclined to think Ste genuinely suspects that he's sleeping with Brendan. Ste mentioned it once before, so it's obviously in his head.

I thought Ste looked sad the first time Brendan spoke to him in the episode. I think there are still signs that Ste loves Brendan, he's just in denial and hiding it well.
    And the whole thing with Ste calling Joel 'Brendan junior' was very telling, and saying he didn't want him for his brains. He seemed very fixated on Broel during that whole scene in the shop.

ETA - I loved that too, Mojo.
    Forum Member
    When I come back from work tomorrow there's gonna be caps and gifs galore isn't there? :cool:

I just can't believe Brendan said the words: "If you touch another hair on Stephen's head" :o amazing. Did he say he'd kill him? I can't recall :o
    Forum Member
    I just can't believe Brendan said the words: "If you touch another hair on Stephen's head" :o amazing. Did he say he'd kill him? I can't recall :o

It sounded like something from a fic.

Yes, I'm sure he did! He mentioned the word funeral, I think.
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention I liked the way Doug was all "Get a room" to Brendan and Joel - it felt protective of Ste, like they'd chatting about it and I really liked the way Doug was having a little dig at their arrogance. You go Doug.

I also loved how Doug gave him a little nudge as though to say, come on Ste just ignore them, I'm here.

Aw Doug :)
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I come back from work tomorrow there's gonna be caps and gifs galore isn't there? :cool:

I think it was something about toasting this all over your grave (the champagne) .
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh ages ago, now. The only thing I can remember is Mitzeee breaking her heel as she tried to make a sassy exit, and Warren pee'd himself laughing at her. ;)

Yeah, it was when she burnt his money and they broke up for, like, an episode.
    ally08 wrote: »
    I wonder if he will stand up for Brendan or tell them whatever it is they want to know?

Given his current desperation, I'd say he'll stand up for Brendan but like you, I see him maybe doublecrossing him and getting stabbed.

Awwww, yay. :cool:
    I love how this episode immediately showed that Brendan's not just going to invest because of control. What he did with Joel reminded me of when he barred that guy from the club, and of course what happened with Danny.

He's got it so, so bad.

PREACH.
    Also, I'm inclined to think Ste genuinely suspects that he's sleeping with Brendan. Ste mentioned it once before, so it's obviously in his head.

I wondered that too. Either he genuinely thinks it, or it's just his way of getting a dig in.

Maybe. ;)

Aww, yes. Adorable.

Yes. :cool:
    Forum Member
    Yeah the arrogance really annoyed me, so extra golden stars for Dougehh. :D
    Yeah, it was when she burnt his money and they broke up for, like, an episode.

Woz it when they played Nicole Scherzinger over her scene?

Cos that was amazing, that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    :(

He's very chippy and reckless, and I think he's let the fact that he owns half the club go to his head a bit, but then, he's only 18 and has no one to turn to as a better role model than Foxy and Brendan.

Also, I'm inclined to think Ste genuinely suspects that he's sleeping with Brendan. Ste mentioned it once before, so it's obviously in his head.

I thought Ste looked sad the first time Brendan spoke to him in the episode. I think there are still signs that Ste loves Brendan, he's just in denial and hiding it well.
    Agree with this post. I think at this point any going back to Brendan would be just that, going backwards to Ste so something big is going to have to happen for him to feel that being with Brendan is possible.

Aw, it was so beautifully acted. Kieron doesn't even have to cry buckets to make me feel for him. They've got is so right with Ste ever since this Stug thing. He was so in character tonight. Just amazing.

Keiron's acting was brilliant tonight, he plays unbridled optimism and kicked by life at a drop of a hat so well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woz it when they played Nicole Scherzinger over her scene?

Cos that was amazing, that.

Mmhmm. :cool:

We flailed at the time.

They were an odd pair. He really had a habit of throwing her clothes about because I think in Joel's first episode, she was fishing them out of the pond.
  • AnotherSarahAnotherSarah Posts: 41,906
    Forum Member
    Yes, because it's not the sort of thing Dougie would just shout out at Brendan of all people. I don't think he would have said it if he knew nothing about Brendan and Ste.
    And the whole thing with Ste calling Joel 'Brendan junior' was very telling, and saying he didn't want him for his brains. He seemed very fixated on Broel during that whole scene in the shop.

ETA - I loved that too, Mojo.
    Yes, he really did. I'd love them to address it, so Brendan knows that Ste thinks Joel is his new boy.

"'E's yer boyfriend innt 'e?"

"Wha.. Joel?? Are you serious? Dat what's been bothering you is it, Stephen? Jealous are ye?"

"No."

[Pout]

[Snog]
  • ally08ally08 Posts: 34,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I was thinking MrL is that Joel might tell whoever these blokes are something, I assume they are from the new villain and then tell Brendan who will sort of make him work undercover to find out what the new bloke is up to.

And when Joel gets found out he gets stabbed.

I haven't explained that very well but I hope you know what I mean.
    Forum Member

We flailed at the time.

They were an odd pair. He really had a habit of throwing her clothes about because I think in Joel's first episode, she was fishing them out of the pond.

LOL yes I remember that.

He also ripped her pretty dresses. ;)

He was a bastard, was Warren. But so loveable.
    Forum Member
    Yes, because it's not the sort of thing Dougie would just shout out at Brendan of all people. I don't think he would have said it if he knew nothing about Brendan and Ste.

Yes, he really did. I'd love them to address it, so Brendan knows that Ste thinks Joel is his new boy.

"Wha.. Joel?? Are you serious? Dat what's been bothering you is it, Stephen? Jealous are ye?"

"No."

[Pout]

[Snog]

Perfect :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We flailed at the time.

Ahhh when he went full on mental for his last month. :D

The bulgy eyes were out in force. :D
  • MissCelticMissCeltic Posts: 18,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the first scene what was it that Doug shouted over to Brendan and Joel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"No."

[Pout]

[Snog]

Oh imagine the flailing we shall do when there finally is a Ste and Brendan snog onscreen again. :o
    What I was thinking MrL is that Joel might tell whoever these blokes are something, I assume they are from the new villain and then tell Brendan who will sort of make him work undercover to find out what the new bloke is up to.

And when Joel gets found out he gets stabbed.

I haven't explained that very well but I hope you know what I mean.

Oh I know exactly what you mean. I wouldn't be surprised at all if you're on the right track...
    LOL yes I remember that.

He also ripped her pretty dresses. ;)

He was a bastard, was Warren. But so loveable.

I'm fairly certain he ripped my favourite one. :(

Yes, I have a favourite Mitzeee dress.

*is a big gay*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio.Gaga wrote: »
    No one would be allowed to push Ste over in my shop ;)
    No one would be allowed to push Ste over in my fictional shop either RadioG! :mad: I'd ban Joel from my shop!
    The skinheads just comes from a spoiler picture we got today of some men threatening Joel, I'm sure it isn't the same skinheads though.
    Just seen that pic. The fact that he's getting threatened in some swanky house with snazzy wallpaper does make me laugh.
    Also he should sit in a less crotchy-focused way :o
    I did not know he'd mentioned it before. Consider me enlightened.:cool:
    It breaks my heart. Poor Doug :(

ETA: Yep MissC it was Doug shouting over to Brendan and Joel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,755
    Forum Member
    The skinheads just comes from a spoiler picture we got today of some men threatening Joel, I'm sure it isn't the same skinheads though.

Joel deserves a bit of threatening though after attacking both Ste and Doug.

I wonder if he will stand up for Brendan or tell them whatever it is they want to know?

I can feel another gangster double cross/triple cross storyline coming up here and that's how he ends up stabbed.

unless he stand up for brendan and comes out like a little hero so brendan has to be grateful and be stuck with him:eek:
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly certain he ripped my favourite one. :(

Yes, I have a favourite Mitzeee dress.

*is a big gay*

Which one? :D

I have a favourite Mitzeee dress, it's the one she's wearing in the episode where they have the party for Pete at the club. :cool:

ETA: If Brendan is grateful to that little turnip, I give up.
This discussion has been closed.