Future Xbox One Scenario

SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So all your games are now stored on your account. What happens if your account is stolen? How many people currently don't know all their xbox security questions. I know (and I cant be alone) that when I set up my 360 live account I wasn't really paying too much attention, and it was over 5 years ago. I did get a new console a year or so back. I do know my details as I needed to enter them again, but I also know several people who had to set up new accounts as they forgot their logins.

Im just wondering how much account theft will go on in the future, with gamers possibly losing hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of games. How many kids will set up their live account, get it stolen following some FIFA Ultimate team link and when they or a parent try to recover it they don't know their details.

Comments

• AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe they have plans to use facial recognition as part of the ID process.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Asmo wrote: »
    Maybe they have plans to use facial recognition as part of the ID process.

Haha I never thought of that. Could be messy if you grow a beard or get older.
  • AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha I never thought of that. Could be messy if you grow a beard or get older.

Update your profile every 24 hours in that case. They'll collect stats on how fast your facial hair grows and send you Gilette promotions ;)
  • Paul_DNAPPaul_DNAP Posts: 25,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I set up my xbox live in 2001, gawd knows what extra security I put on that, and if they have a recovery back-up email that's probably a few ISP's ago.

Anyway, it's all rhetorical, i'm sticking with the 360 for the foreseeable future, and that has my Id stored on it's memory unit.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what i wonder about. When i sit down for a quick half hour blast on something, while i be spending it instead installing update after update for apps that i never use?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I would think the mandatory 24hr log-in would negate any problems with account theft, it would be easy to identify it.