[Game] The X Factor: Mix It Up! (series 2) Live Show #5

Comments

• EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Ivory

Girls I have waited to use this great urban track for you for so long so of course tonight with you having to do urban I have to say that you were absolutely fantastic! It had edge, strong vocals, urban elements and of course fantastic harmonies as usual. When you girls originally started out in this competition you weren’t the high favourites in the slightest and we all know that but now to see how far you’re come from that to where you are now is something incredible. I think you girls have done amazing so far and I hope you continue to be amazing throughout the competition girls!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing comments for Black Ivory there, they are certainly on a roll! However, that can only continue as long as the public continues to support them. Will they do that tonight?

Time for performance 7 out of 7. Yes, it's time for the closing performance of the show already. He may have been in the sing-off last week, but that hasn't deterred him and his mentor Justin from finding suitable songs in a bid to win the competition. While we're far from that, Ethan Boroian wants still to impress with Indie Pop song Days Go On by Greg Laswell!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkS2b-yRwUo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethan Boroian

Hello Ethan! This was a good choice by your mentor. I thought the vocals of Greg Laswell suited you quite well. However, I had a little problem with the song, I thought it wasn’t that great of a song personally – but it did suit you incredibly well so what else can I ask for? Well, I can ask for a better song… BUT ALL IN GOOD TIME. I’m sure Justin has amazing ideas for you Ethan that he’s just hiding from us! You’re safe tonight, well done.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethan Boroian: Hey Ethan, I was glad to see you being saved last week as you had loads more potential than Quatrele. I think you're the one person who I think the genre turned out alright for, this was a pretty decent genre for you. This was a pretty good performance Ethan, I'm not getting excited and jumping on the table because it was simply a solid performance, I think perhaps because the genre was something that suits you anyway, there was less room for your mentor to wow us because I think it was a pretty safe performance but nonetheless, it was a good performance and I think you'll be here next week. I think your mentor could maybe pick a slightly more exciting song next week as it wasn't the most interesting song in the world but you won't be in the sing-off!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethan Boroian

This was so much better than last week Ethan that it’s unbelievable. It had that roughness and edge you have in your vocals as well as that whole indie vibe we like about you. After last week and most of the judges talking about having edge in your vocals your mentor really took that on board and allowed you to become the Ethan we all know and love again so bravo to your mentor on choosing this fine song choice for you and simply bravo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a good comeback performance from Ethan judging by the comments, but he did not get the same warm welcome back P&R got last time.

Anyway, that was it folks! The first part of this exciting fifth live show has ended. The final seven have sung their hearts out tonight in all sorts of genres, and now it's up to you, the DS public, to decide which two acts will have to return to the stage later tonight to sing again and face the wrath of the judges. It's be a single elimination, but it never hurts to prepare yourself for the worst.

For those that want to vote, here's a quick recap of tonight's performances:
    Morgan Sheather - Ex-Factor by Lauryn Hill (Quadron cover) [Mainstream Pop]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IYwClBX8bM

Princes and Rogues - Morning Come by Delta Rae [Blues Rock]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6FtsWX0dTg
    Note: Luckily the band are classed as blues rock via wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_Rae

Nicola Marie - Beautiful People by Nina Sky [RnB]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ott2FBvC_A

Good Question - Big Spender by Lana Del Rey ft. Smiler [Jazz]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLs97ZmYFOQ
    Note: Please try and imagine Kristina's female rapping for the male rapper.

Danielle Blakey - You by The Pretty Reckless [Indie Rock]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUMwFaXTM3s

Black Ivory - Lipstick and Guilt by Melody Thornton [Urban]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOS7l5-P3J4
    Note: Song is Melody's version of the urban song No Church In The Wild by Kayne West, Frank Ocean and Jay Z.

Ethan Boroian - Days Go On by Greg Laswell [Indie Pop]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkS2b-yRwUo
    To vote, please rank all the acts that have performed tonight from 7 to 1, assigning 7 points to your favourite act, all the way down to just 1 point for your least favourite act. Mentors can vote as well, and they CAN vote for their own acts as well. After you've listed and ranked the acts, PM the list to me (just click on my forum name and click send private message, it's as easy as that.).

The lines will remain open until
    21:30, with the results taking place at the slightly later time of 21:35 right here on this thread. That gives you a record high of over an hour to vote, but that still doesn't mean that you should all take your time and vote at 21:25. Well, what are you waiting for, start voting! :p

As always, feel free to discuss any aspects of the show with me and possibly Kev here on this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    My favourites tonight were surprisingly Danielle :eek: and Black Ivory yet again!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been quite a slow night so far, now I remember why I always schedule this show on Thursdays...

55 minutes left to vote!
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AH, well I missed this.

EOS, could you PM me Nicola's sing off? I've totally forgotten it and need to see if it's suitable within the next 53 minutes. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, and I always seem to forget this one: :p

A reminder for all of you who have forgotten/don't know who the contestants are:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    AH, well I missed this.

EOS, could you PM me Nicola's sing off? I've totally forgotten it and need to see if it's suitable within the next 53 minutes. :p

Sure, just give me a few minutes to wade through all the trash in my inbox... :o

EDIT: Found it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't received many votes at all, but the bottom 4 is REALLY tight at the moment (we're talking about mere points here)! :eek:

Keep voting everyone, you still have 45 minutes to do just that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just half an hour left to vote now, I could actually do with some more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just 10 minutes left before the lines close. I don't like saying this, but I think we could have another shocker on our hands tonight! :eek:
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry! I missed the show due to a massive amount of meetings at work. I am voting right now and will comment later tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And the lines are now...CLOSED!

Any additional votes will not be accepted, you've had plenty of time to vote.

Results in 5 minutes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Results time everybody! This was quite an odd night, it being Friday and all, which resulted in one or two new people voting instead of our regulars. Earlier tonight, the top seven performed songs from different genres. The public have voted based on these performances and the time has come to reveal which acts the public has put against each other in the sing-off. But before we get to that, please give it up for the judges and the top 7 once more:

jackel1234 and the groups
    Black Ivory
    Good Question
    Princes & Rogues

unclekevo and the last of the girls
    Morgan Sheather

jag02010 and the last of the boys
    Ethan Boroian

Satanel and the over 25s
    Danielle Blakey
    Nicola Marie

Alright folks, in no particular order, the first act through to the quarterfinal is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Black Ivory

Well done to Jack and the girls, you're through to the quarterfinal!

Also through is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle Blakey

Well done to her and of course her mentor Zak. It seems the public did like your song choice tonight!

Joining Black Ivory and Danielle in the sixth live show is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Princes & Rogues

Again, well done Jack. That's two-thirds of your category safe already.

2 more direct places are available, but there are still 4 acts (and four mentors) left on stage. The next act that got enough public support tonight is:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ethan Boroian

Well done Justin, no sing-off for you this week!

Which means we're left with the following acts and mentors still standing on stage:
    Jack with Good Question
    Kev with Morgan Sheather
    Zak with Nicola Marie

The FINAL act definitely returning next show is:
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everybody, I came back from my birthday evening and this is quite an interesting result so far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :eek: Good Question :eek:

A bit of a surprise there, but Jack has actually managed to get all three of his groups into the quarterfinal!
    Unfortunately that means it'll be a Morgan VS Nicola sing-off tonight... :(
  • SatanelSatanel Posts: 11,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to have my second act go out due to rankings again. :p

I'm on my phone so could you post Nicola's sing off song please? ... If it makes a difference.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Satanel wrote: »
    I'm going to have my second act go out due to rankings again. :p

Who knows, Justin actually sent me a priority list of who he'd save over other acts, so you never know...