Options

The Presidency Of Donald Trump - A Dedicated Thread

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    i'm sure thats not the only role of Melania that Trump wishes Ivanka would "occupy" ;-)

I am imagining it or did I see The Donald cop a feel of Ivanka's perfect ass at one of the rallies after she'd finished her intro?

Baldwin's SNL impersonation now becomes slightly less absurd than the real thing after today.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    I am imagining it or did I see The Donald cop a feel of Ivanka's perfect ass at one of the rallies after she'd finished her intro?

Baldwin's SNL impersonation now becomes slightly less absurd than the real thing after today.

he made a comment a few years ago about how hot she was and if she wasn't his daughter he'd be "dating" her
  • Options
    PunksNotDeadPunksNotDead Posts: 21,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Donald is in the church.
  • Options
    Nick_2005Nick_2005 Posts: 1,526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Donald is in the church.

So just a matter of time till the Madonna starts bleeding from the eyes then.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Firstly there is no need for the 'err informative' - that's quite rude especially as it obviously was informative because you don't have a grasp on the role of the First Lady and how its part and parcel of being the President's wife.

As someone's wife working as a Managing Director of a paper company then yes you can opt out of going on the office Christmas party but this isn't open for negotiation.

My deepest apologies, it was not at all in the slightest meant to come across as rude, so that was an error on my behalf.

As I said previously, I am thankful for the information that you posted in the previous reply.

If someone like Trump's wife wishes to take a backseat and let someone or others take on the role that a normal First Lady would do, then I don't really see much wrong with that, it should be her choice just how involved or not she would like to be in her husband's Presidency.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich Tea. wrote: »
    The fateful day has arrived.....

Friday 20th January 2017, today Donald Trump will be inaugurated as the 45th President Of The United States.

A thread to follow Trump for the next 4 years, 8 years or however long he lasts.

With any luck and a decent aim this could turn out to be one of the shortest threads on DS ever :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With any luck and a decent aim this could turn out to be one of the shortest threads on DS ever :D

Are you actually wishing and hoping that he dies, or is severely wounded, that is just not on, and is very spiteful I must say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you actually wishing and hoping that he dies, or is severely wounded, that is just not on, and is very spiteful I must say.

Oooh just look at how high the horse is that you rode in on...I'll lend...no sell...you a ladder to help you get down off it. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh just look at how high the horse is that you rode in on...I'll lend...no sell...you a ladder to help you get down off it. :p

High horse, no thanks, I have never ridden one before, and don't plan on doing so any time soon.

I just don't wish death upon anyone, or what that would mean for their remaining family members.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    High horse, no thanks, I have never ridden one before, and don't plan on doing so any time soon.

I just don't wish death upon anyone, or what that would mean for their remaining family members.

Good for you....have a :gift: and somewhere to hang your halo :xmastree:
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-inauguration-day-transition-team-tanks-missile-launchers-us-president-parade-inuaugaral-a7536746.html

Oh dear the lunacy begins.

The Trump team wanted tanks and missile launchers - like the N Korean or Putin or Iranian or Chinese versions of a parade. The US tanks weigh 70 tons , and can't go on roads not built for them, and the US doesn't have any roadmobile land based missiles that it could parade. You don't parade an anti-tank missile , or a surface to air missile

The Pentagon seems to have thought this was ridiculous and have responded in kind. The fly past will have 8 jets, and 12 helicopters and V22s. Bigly impressive it isn't.

Looks like prerun of the next 4 years. The Trump team know nothing, Trump thinks he is a Putin , and Washington, and the military will spend the next 4 years -either ignoring him, or trying to.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    My deepest apologies, it was not at all in the slightest meant to come across as rude, so that was an error on my behalf.

As I said previously, I am thankful for the information that you posted in the previous reply.

If someone like Trump's wife wishes to take a backseat and let someone or others take on the role that a normal First Lady would do, then I don't really see much wrong with that, it should be her choice just how involved or not she would like to be in her husband's Presidency.

The thing that's wrong is that it's probably the most high profiled job in the world that anyone who enters into knows their role. It's a package.

If William becomes king won't you expect Kate to be Queen?
  • Options
    Gordon gGordon g Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Russia today now are the anti Trump protesters.

Banging on about defeating facism by using civil disobedience.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Firstly there is no need for the 'err informative' - that's quite rude especially as it obviously was informative because you don't have a grasp on the role of the First Lady and how its part and parcel of being the President's wife. .

Is that role part of the US Constitution? If not, then surely it's always open to change? If Hillary had become President, I wonder how Bill would have managed the role of "First Spouse"!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that's wrong is that it's probably the most high profiled job in the world that anyone who enters into knows their role. It's a package.

I get what you mean, would Kate have the official title of Queen, or consort or something like that, just as Philip is not King is he?

Fair enough on the package thing, and you are most likely correct there, I just do kind of feel that she should be allowed to stay in the background if that is her wish. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member

The US elects their head of state. We don't, so it's a very different situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I get what you mean, would Kate have the official title of Queen, or consort or something like that, just as Philip is not King is he?

Fair enough on the package thing, and you are most likely correct there, I just do kind of feel that she should be allowed to stay in the background if that is her wish. :blush:

I mean that she'd accompany him on the various royal engagements etc and act as his 'queen'
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC pictures not showing any "crowd". They're talking up hundreds of thousands so where are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    The US elects their head of state. We don't, so it's a very different situation.

It's not that different. Kings, queens, presidents all have their significant other for official engagements and visits overseas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I mean that she'd accompany him on the various royal engagements etc and act as his 'queen'
    It's not that different. Kings, queens, presidents all have their significant other for official engagements and visits overseas.

Ahh I see where we are getting to here now, I agree with you in the sense that I do think Trump and his wife may very well do all or most of the required photo opportunities together, however in terms of campaigns and things along those lines, that might be left to Ivanka, rather than to her.

So keeping things in the family, kind of how at times the two Princes, Harry and William do things together over here, when sometimes Kate is not involved.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I suppose so. Is it just a "head of state" thing, as it doesn't seem to apply to Prime Ministers? Their significant others are free to follow their own occupation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    I suppose so. Is it just a "head of state" thing, as it doesn't seem to apply to Prime Ministers? Their significant others are free to follow their own occupation.

I think its for the biggest of cheeses rather than Dairyleas like PMs :D

The blurb I posted for Bats earlier about the First Lady actually says that if a President is widowed they bring in another 'spouse' to act as their significant other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think its for the biggest of cheeses rather than Dairyleas like PMs :D

The blurb I posted for Bats earlier about the First Lady actually says that if a President is widowed they bring in another 'spouse' to act as their significant other.

Oh yes, I saw that afterwards. I suppose Hillary could have brought in someone else as First Lady if Bill didn't want to fill that particular post!
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Presidency Of Donald Trump has this moment just begun.

At the very moment his inaugural speech begins the heavens have opened and it's raining down on him.
This discussion has been closed.