Options

Trump supports remain.

hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
Forum Member
✭✭
Just read an interesting link. Trump is hugely in favour of the UK staying in Europe. He thinks remainers are so thick that they have fallen for his double bluff.:D

Look at what happened in Sweden. Ha ha.

Comments

• Options
    innitrichieinnitrichie Posts: 9,795
    Forum Member
    Share the link?

This would be a huge setback for brexiteers if the US government decides their best interest is keeping the UK in the EU.
  • Options
    SpruceSpruce Posts: 1,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't a link is there! Stop getting excited aurichie.
  • Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spruce wrote: »

There isn't a hyper-link, it is a complex algorithm that Trump devised, no remainer would be able to crack the code.:D

I am seriously on the fence but staunch remainers get right on my wick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spruce wrote: »

Well I can't find anything yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump is leaned on heavily and told undermining the EU is not in the US national interest.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Just read an interesting link. Trump is hugely in favour of the UK staying in Europe. He thinks remainers are so thick that they have fallen for his double bluff.:D

Now see what you have done!! got Aurichie all excited again, he jumps up and down at any ray of hope
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Plus Pence has been speaking in the EU today with leaders so the timing would make sense.
  • Options
    John146John146 Posts: 12,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aurichie wrote: »
    Share the link?

This would be a huge setback for brexiteers if the US government decides their best interest is keeping the UK in the EU.

It is.
  • Options
    bluewomble88bluewomble88 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Share the link?

Deary me, I almost feel sorry for you :D

Almost!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John146 wrote: »

Yeah that was on the campaign Trump. I've kinda been expecting him to reverse his stance on brexit, but maybe it's still too soon for such an about turn. It wouldn't surprise me if a story broke today though given how warmly Pence spoke of the EU and how vital the US regards it to their national interest. If what Pence says is true, then how does the UK leaving benefit the US?
  • Options
    MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can't find anything yet, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Trump is leaned on heavily and told undermining the EU is not in the US national interest.

For heaven's sake - stop wasting your time.
  • Options
    Net NutNet Nut Posts: 10,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fake lies.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Trump understand what Brexit is? - I don't think he's that interested.
  • Options
    Warren_DevlinWarren_Devlin Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Share the link?

I thought you hated Trump?
  • Options
    Warren_DevlinWarren_Devlin Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Yeah that was on the campaign Trump. I've kinda been expecting him to reverse his stance on brexit, but maybe it's still too soon for such an about turn. It wouldn't surprise me if a story broke today though given how warmly Pence spoke of the EU and how vital the US regards it to their national interest. If what Pence says is true, then how does the UK leaving benefit the US?

Here's another link for you with Trumps pick for EU ambassador Ted Malloch explaining the U.S. stance on the EU
    https://youtu.be/xxzIJ4V-6u4
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Trump understand what Brexit is? - I don't think he's that interested.

Trump was asked by a journalist from the Hollywood Reporter what his thoughts on Brexit were in May last year and he didn't even know what the word meant or what it referred to.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member

Its just been added to the list of what Trump is against, and for, or doesn't know what it is?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-u-turn-mike-pence-eu-talks-us-europe-partnership-peace-vice-president-a7589571.htm
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Trump's "thought" on Brexit are whatever the elitist Aussie Rupert Murdoch tells him to think.

Trump thinking people are thick is confirmation that they are right.

The only thing that happened in Sweden is that Far Right media buffoon called Paul something or other posted on Twitter that he would pay for any journalists to go to Malmo, and posted fake pictures.

He was called out by people pointing out that the pictures weren't from Sweden and from Swedes pointing posting pictures of Sweden.

He then backtracked, saying he would do a raffle for one journalist only, after hundreds took up his original offer.

Also, why to prove you are nothing more than a teenage troll without a clue about the political or economic landscape.
  • Options
    voteoutvoteout Posts: 7,227
    Forum Member
    If there's one thing that would turn me into an ardent Brexiteer it's finding out that the orange scrotum is a remainer.

He could tell me the sky was blue and it would force me to review my understanding of how light refraction works.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    I have no doubt Trump favours the UK staying in Europe. We aren't leaving Europe - cos it's a continent!
  • Options
    Union JockUnion Jock Posts: 7,262
    Forum Member
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Trump was asked by a journalist from the Hollywood Reporter what his thoughts on Brexit were in May last year and he didn't even know what the word meant or what it referred to.

Really? well this was uploaded on the 6th of May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpUV0LGrhs

There's this one from 24th March so I doubt the word 'Brexit' was used much then and even P Morgan doesn't mention it, Trump knew about the referendum though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QfyMVbm258
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Share the link?

But he did not say that - what he said was the UK was right to leave but overall the EU was a good thing.

As far as I can tell the only thing Trump supports is Donald J Trump - if he thinks there is a buck in it - then he supports it, if it supports his over inflated ego he is for it.

In this instance I think he is hoping that the EU will put pressure on it's members to pony up for the defence of Europe and so take the pressure of the US (thereby making him look better in the eyes of the US voter - most of whom are distinctly unhappy about his presidency.

• Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union Jock wrote: »
    Eurostar wrote: »

Really? well this was uploaded on the 6th of May

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpUV0LGrhs

There's this one from 24th March so I doubt the word 'Brexit' was used much then and even P Morgan doesn't mention it, Trump knew about the referendum though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QfyMVbm258

His interest in foreign affairs seems to be completely nonexistent, which probably explains why he didn't recognise the word 'Brexit' when quizzed about it by the Hollywood Reporter guy.
  • Options
    MorlockMorlock Posts: 3,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trump loves the EU.

_88551016_trumpcover.jpg