Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXIV (Spoilers)

1114115116117118120»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrMark wrote: »
    Divas Championship (no change)
    Your list is good, except I would bring back the Women's Championship to replace the Diva one.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Hardcore wrestling is dead, so there's no need for a Hardcore title. It was a comedy title anyway. Women's wrestling will never be taken seriously in WWE. No point having a women's division or title. Cruiserweight wrestling only works if the performers are allowed to work a distinct style, which WWE won't allow (because it overshadows the main event guys and makes guys like Sin Cara less distinct in their eyes) and WWE can never resist giving the title to a comedy champion like Chavo Classic or the midget. The US title is a waste of time, and the WHC championship dilutes the importance of the WWE title and makes the IC title less important.

WWE only needs three titles and long reigns for each.

1- WWE Championship
    2- WWE Intercontinental
    3- WWE Tag Team

All three titles should use the classic belt designs (used when each title had the most prestige) and WWE should place the emphasis on the history of each title by focusing on the legendary champions like Savage, Hogan, Flair, Hart, HBK, the Rock, Austin, Perfect, Warrior, Demolition, Hart Foundation etc...

The titles should never cross over. The only time champions from the tag and IC division should encounter WWE title guys is when they are being elevated to bigger things. The IC champion for example should NEVER be sacrificed to the WWE champion.
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,764
    Forum Member
    QWERTYOP wrote: »
    Millions? No. But he would have been seeing more than most people do. I've seen various accounts and contracts and things before. Even the guys at the bottom of the food chain in WWE don't do too badly for themselves. They may get the smallest slice of the pie, but it's a f*cking big pie!
    I believe the bottom line annual pay is $25,000. When you add in a weekly TV bonus, PPV bonus, merchandise cut, Mania bonus and everything else, it's a pretty decent living.
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Georged123 wrote: »
    I believe the bottom line annual pay is $25,000. When you add in a weekly TV bonus, PPV bonus, merchandise cut, Mania bonus and everything else, it's a pretty decent living.

Absolutely. I'd be happy to see that much!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    MrMark wrote: »
    I feel the WWE and WH Championships need to be unified as both the WWE & WHC title matches are getting samey the WHC feels like a glorified IC championship and a good story line leading up to a unification match at mania would be great even if that means Rock vs Cena 2.

The same with the IC and US belts they mean nothing anymore the IC belt should be the main one though.

The tag team division is a shambles the same with the Divas.

They should run with:-
    Undisputed WWE Champion (incorporating WHC)
    Intercontinental Champion (incorporating US Title)
    WWE Tag Champions (no change)
    Divas Championship (no change)
    Hardcore Championship with 24/7 rules (I loved that era)

As others mentioned, I'd replace Diva with Women. The word Diva sums up the dire state of that division really. You have to be a certain figure and look a certain way and neither of those help do anything for the strength of the division (yes, there are exceptions. I know this, there always are, but generally this is true).

Instead of a Hardcore Championship, I'd go for an anything goes, 24/7 title. You won't get traditional hardcore matches anymore but having a 24/7 title allows people like Santino to continue doing what he does without devaluing the prestige of a proper title. All those 'hilarious' backstage skits can be channelled into the title and it can give some of the lower card exposure.

You have to remember that only a decade or so ago you had the WWF Title (then WCW too before becoming Undisputed), Intercontinental, European/US), Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight, Tag Team, Women's and Hardcore. There were more opportunities for the roster to be involved. The only title that matters these days is the WWE one, and even that is second fiddle to the Cena Championship. You still have the World & Intercontinental but in 2012 these are joke titles and we all know it.

A restructure and redesign of all titles (except Intercontinental which is perfect) is massively needed and long, long overdue.
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see the WWE Title, Intercontinental, European, Tag and Women's.

WWE Title for the proven main eventers.
    Intercontinental for those who be main eventers, but there's just not enough space (think Bret Hart & Shawn Michael early to mid 90s).
    European for the mid-card. Tag & Women's (not f***ing Divas) are self-explanatory. Get Awesome Kong back, get Del Ray wrestling and raid Shimmer for the likes of Allison Danger.

Get distinct characters back rather than generic big guys. Give them acting lessons so they know how to tell a story.

Drop the 'Superstars' term and relegate the likes of Santino to jobber status and use indy jobbers more.

Drop the 'WWE style' and allow wrestlers to have their own distinct move-sets, even if it revolves around snap-mare takedowns to wear their opponent out.

The main event/intercontinental/mid card scenes would not interact that much, although you could still have mutual respect/indifference/hatred between wrestlers. Intercontinental title needs to be restored to its old level of prestige where, in some respects, it was more highly regarded than the WWE title.

And less title switches. Let's have medium to long-term champs, and it genuinely shocks/surprises/pleases/horrifies when the title switches.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They have to pay for their own travel and accommodation on the road though. Only the top stars get it paid for them.
  • Options
    ZenoX2009ZenoX2009 Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Hell In A Cell 2012 Poster (Pretty different/awesome)

http://i.imgur.com/Mjesd.jpg
  • Options
    Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZenoX2009 wrote: »
    Hell In A Cell 2012 Poster (Pretty different/awesome)

http://i.imgur.com/Mjesd.jpg

Punk Vs Cenzzzzzzzzzzz :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My God, that was a really arrogant, obnoxious promo from Cena to close the show...

"Face me to get respect, because I am the best and it will be the defining moment of your career"

hmmmm...doesn't really work like that, Cena. You lost fair and square at Summerslam and you've done nothing to earn a title shot...

I know it's not the guy's fault, it's creative's. They aren't even trying anymore.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just wish we got a WWE Television Championship where the champion had to defend it every week on TV. It would bring some interest if the guy was defending it on every SD and Raw.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Decent living? $25,000 works out about £16,000 a year - you would only be paying the lowest rate of a student loan back on that salary. Add to that WWE's punishing work schedule, and the fact they have to pay for accomodation and travel, and it's little wonder TNA is an increasingly attractive proposition for those at the low-middle end of the payscale.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,838
    Administrator
    Highly unethical, but this thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1722932

(thanks steven1977)
This discussion has been closed.