Katy Perry "offended by blasphemous Lady Gaga"

teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
Forum Member
Katy Perry has reportedly said that she finds Lady GaGa's 'Alejandro' video to be blasphemous.

The singer also admitted that she does not like her fiancee Russell Brand using God's "name in vain" or people showing disrespect to the Christian religion.

She explained to Rolling Stone: "I think when you put sex and spirituality in the same bottle and shake it up, bad things happen.

"Yes, I said I kissed a girl. But I didn't say I kissed a girl while f**king a crucifix."

The 25-year-old also revealed that she thinks all celebrities Google themselves.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a256649/katy-perry-offended-by-lady-gaga-video.html

Well funny thing Katy, I find your song "Ur So Gay" offensive and homophobic and think that the message of "lesbian = good, gay = bad" that occurs throughout your debut album extremely bigoted. So shove that up your pipe and smoke it. :rolleyes:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    It's interesting that she's all of a sudden showcasing a far more religious side to her personality that previously she kept under wraps.

I always think it's either hypocrisy or stupidity when your entire persona goes entirely against the religion that you push at the same time. It's like Miley Cyrus preaching abstinence, or Britney posing provocatively whilst "saving herself for marriage".

I feel sorry for little kids, it's all "it's great being sexual, but not if you're religious". "Don't be religious and at the same time sexual, that's a no-no". "Portraying sexuality is fine, but acting on it isn't".
  • teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    shoot wrote: »
    It's interesting that she's all of a sudden showcasing a far more religious side to her personality that previously she kept under wraps.

I always think it's either hypocrisy or stupidity when your entire persona goes entirely against the religion that you push at the same time. It's like Miley Cyrus preaching abstinence, or Britney posing provocatively whilst "saving herself for marriage".

I feel sorry for little kids, it's all "it's great being sexual, but not if you're religious". "Don't be religious and at the same time sexual, that's a no-no". "Portraying sexuality is fine, but acting on it isn't".

Exactly. Somehow, I don't think the song "I Kissed a Girl and I Liked It, but the holy book I read each night before bed says I should be stoned for doing so" would've been quite as successful... ;)
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit random to pick on Gaga. What about all the other artists who offend?

She can't pick and choose what to be offended by any more than she can pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow herself. She dresses provocatively, she has sex outside of marriage and she uses crude language. I'm no nun myself but I find her rather hypocritical.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last month there was a 5 page thread on this exact same issue, ffs.
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »

Would you care to link us to is, "ffs"? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Jmac04 wrote: »

This. And it was headline news on DS AGAIN today?! Talk about the silly season! Now for the cries of 'she's jealous/looking for publicity/hypocritical etc.' ... NEW STORY PLEASE!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is it that ever since Katy Perry settled down and is due to be married, she is suddenly spouting off an opinion about everything?! Does she feel validated as a person now that she has a man (well, a Russell Brand) at her side, does it make her more confident in voicing her beliefs? It's like when Myleene had a baby, suddenly she was some sort of parenting messiah who just wouldn't shut up and go away.
    Forum Member
    Would you care to link us to is, "ffs"? :rolleyes:

Yeah, didn't think so...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a bit random to pick on Gaga. What about all the other artists who offend?

She can't pick and choose what to be offended by any more than she can pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow herself. She dresses provocatively, she has sex outside of marriage and she uses crude language. I'm no nun myself but I find her rather hypocritical.
    Hmmm. Good point, but... Maybe she was asked specifically about Lady Gaga, or maybe that subject came up. Mags and Press aren't stupid. They'll use tactics to make headlines or stories out of nothing. We really all need to wake up to this. People online are very quick to jump on everything and dish out strong opinions without giving a thought to methods used by the print media. They know exactly what they're doing. This kind of response is what they make money producing (if ya know what I mean).
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Yeah, didn't think so...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1272807 :D

It was 2 months ago though, I can't see why you would have known :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    I think she might be a bit conflicted due to her parents being so religious and that must have rubbed off on her to an extent but it does seem hypocritical cos katy's image is provocative and yes gaga does take it a bit far sometimes. she isn't making sense here and i like katy (and gaga)
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She can't pick and choose what to be offended by any more than she can pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow herself.

Why can't she? Other religious believers do. :p
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this the same Katy Perry that is shacked up with one of the most filthy minded individuals ,one Russell Brand, on the planet.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paace wrote: »
    Is this the same Katy Perry that is shacked up with one of the most filthy minded individuals ,one Russell Brand, on the planet.

If you think Russell Brand is one of the most filthy minded individuals on the planet, you must have led a hell of a sheltered life.
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katy Perry shoots her mouth of a lot.

To be fair to her she has admitted to being a massive hypocrite.
    I know you perfect people like to hat£. She comes across as a funny/crazy person in her interviews imo.
    She needs to hire a better PR team though.

She apologized to Gaga
  • SpotlightSpotlight Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    lucy mane wrote: »
    To be fair to her she has admitted to being a massive hypocrite.

Maybe she should just keep her opinions to herself then instead of looking stupid.

In any case, I think they're both annoying.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it that ever since Katy Perry settled down and is due to be married, she is suddenly spouting off an opinion about everything?! Does she feel validated as a person now that she has a man (well, a Russell Brand) at her side, does it make her more confident in voicing her beliefs? It's like when Myleene had a baby, suddenly she was some sort of parenting messiah who just wouldn't shut up and go away.

They never do. You have to nail them on a cross or something.
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont care about how blasphemous she is, rather how bloody awful she is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spotlight, give her a break, eh? Lol
    Forum Member
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    Spotlight, give her a break, eh? Lol

Let me think about it...NO! :D:p
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love or hate gaga, at least she doesn't resort to slagging off other artists to get in the papers. Katy Perry is annoying. Hope her 15 minutes are up soon.
    Forum Member
    Love or hate gaga, at least she doesn't resort to slagging off other artists to get in the papers. Katy Perry is annoying. Hope her 15 minutes are up soon.

No, Gaga just resorts to shock tactics to get in the papers.:p

But yes, Katy Perry is annoying and hope both her and her fiance go away soon. They're a match made in heaven because they're both bozos.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I'd hate to be famous. A topic comes up, you give your opinion... And threads like this happen! She's apologised. What more can she do?
    Forum Member
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    This is why I'd hate to be famous. A topic comes up, you give your opinion... And threads like this happen! She's apologised. What more can she do?

Not be a hypocrite in the first place?