Why no Celeb mentors this yr!!!!!?

iluvdanniiiluvdannii Posts: 3,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having celeb mentors was soo good in previous series!!!!!! specially like when we had mariah and whitney!!!?

why didn't we have it this yr!!!!!!!!!!?

Comments

• PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    That's what I've been wondering.
  • neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a shame but maybe they didn't want a rerun on Whitney Housten

Will Young was a great mentor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon Fuller probably threatened to sue his ass.
  • rombodrombod Posts: 5,252
    Forum Member
    They apparently asked a few people for the earlier shows but everyone was too intimidated by how much better than them Cher was.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    Or maybe they blew the budget on getting Rihanna thrice and Take That 4 times, (5 including Robbie)?
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea of mentors its interesting to see what advice they give.
  • LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it did contestants in previous years some good to get some coaching and advice from someone successful in the industry. They got help from the show`s "vocal coach" but in my experience, those that can, do, those that can`t, coach! ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently several who were approached wouldn't do it because they felt the standard of talent wasn't high enough.

I don't know whether to believe that. I can understand that mentoring contestants who then don't deliver can make the mentors look bad and bruise their little egos but I can't imagine that many would turn down the chance of publicity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently several who were approached wouldn't do it because they felt the standard of talent wasn't high enough.

I don't know whether to believe that. I can understand that mentoring contestants who then don't deliver can make the mentors look bad and bruise their little egos but I can't imagine that many would turn down the chance of publicity.

Well hasn't it always been acts that preform on the show before? So if they were still willing to preform then surely it wasn't about the tv standard?
  • THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they thought Robbie Drunk williams and his weirdo gang were enough ahhahaha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
    Forum Member
    The celeb mentors were always kind of pointless imo.
  • Indigo_19Indigo_19 Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miloilo wrote: »

I agree. 2009 was a farce, a cracked out Whitney struggling to utter cliches.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miloilo wrote: »

No they werent. They were great to get an impression on what professional think and the contestants can get additional advice than the "professionals" from X Factor.

-Loved Whitney Houston and Clive Davis (will probably never able to top this celebrity mentorship).

-Also, liked that Queen and Michael Buble

It was great last year.

Probably someone is right that the standard of talent this year was just bad and that's pretty evident with the dire weeks we had in the semi, beatles, elton john, etc.
  • Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably to save money / make more from the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    I actually enjoyed Whitney and Clive, and agree with the person above who said they wont be topped.

Although Celine Dion was my personal favourite ever, her impact was visible and she definitely helped the contestants the week she was on. In rare cases like Celine I feel the mentors are great.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nate27 wrote: »
    -Loved Whitney Houston and Clive Davis (will probably never able to top this celebrity mentorship).

You're joking, right? Clive looked embarassed at all the faux-luvvie praise Cowell gushed on him and Whitney just look stoned off her skull.

If they couldn't top this celebrity mentorship, then its probably best they dropped it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    You're joking, right? Clive looked embarassed at all the faux-luvvie praise Cowell gushed on him and Whitney just look stoned off her skull.

If they couldn't top this celebrity mentorship, then its probably best they dropped it!

Unfortunately I have to agree :o. Whitney also looked as if she felt she was above everyone. The way she looked at Dermot was :eek: and the way she talked about the contestants saying they need to practise practise practise seemed a bit like she was saying they were crap :o:o:o.
  • Fatima502Fatima502 Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    The supply of stars of a suitable calibre dried up. Whereas the list of X-knockers had grown, Sting, Albarn, Elton, Florence ...