Getting an iPod in America?

OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
Forum Member
Hi, I am thinking of investing in the new ipod touch and my dad is going to new york, and i've seen that the ipod is a lot cheaper over there but was wondering whether it would york with am english charger or if the thing on the bottom would be different, anyone know? :)

Comments

• pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll work fine.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Are you sure? Will I need am adaptor or is the thing on the bottom the same? :)
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I am thinking of investing in the new ipod touch and my dad is going to new york, and i've seen that the ipod is a lot cheaper over there but was wondering whether it would york with am english charger or if the thing on the bottom would be different, anyone know? :)

It might come with a US-type charger, but you can buy a UK one in any electronics store - Maplins do a good one. Otherwise, it will work just like the UK version. Be aware, though, that if you buy it in the US, you might have problems if you have to send it back under warranty.
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    Be aware, though, that if you buy it in the US, you might have problems if you have to send it back under warranty.

That sounds extremely unlike Apple. After sales support is one of the things they excel at. Based on my experiences with Apple's support here in the UK I wouldn't have any such concerns.
  • grumpyoldbatgrumpyoldbat Posts: 3,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The iPod touch doesn't actually come with a charger plug, it just comes with the sync cable so you can charge from a computer. Apple's white USB sync cables are the same everywhere in the world.
  • pumazoomapumazooma Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you sure? Will I need am adaptor or is the thing on the bottom the same? :)
    The connector to the ipod is exactly the same. Your current UK charger will work fine.
  • OneTreeHillFanOneTreeHillFan Posts: 7,725
    Forum Member
    Awesome:D thanks everyone:)
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The iPod touch doesn't actually come with a charger plug, it just comes with the sync cable so you can charge from a computer. Apple's white USB sync cables are the same everywhere in the world.

It's so annoying that all the companies are doing that now. It used to be that you'd get not only your own country's plug connector, but it would come with adapters for the US and Europe as well. A lot of people either don't use computers at all, or don't take them for travelling, so you've got to go and buy a separate charger. Although I suppose once you've got the charger (USB type), you're sorted for any device that you can charge from a computer, so maybe it's not that bad! :D