Options

Hollyoaks E4 21/03/13 - Never the same again.

Comments

• Options
    TimopTimop Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    He will return - even if it's only to disappear into the sunset with Ste
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InsideSoap wrote: »
    Did Seamus win enough to buy the Dog and Darren has the ticket?

Yes, my spoiler stated the figures. That ticket is worth £230,000. Not much in London, but in Chester, yes.
    I see Cheryl recovered rather quickly. Selfish to the end :mad:
    RuinedGirl wrote: »
    Would Cheryl really be riding off in to the sunset grinning, given the fact she found out her Dad sexually abused her brother, killed her Dad and let her brother take the blame? Tonight's episode really hasn't made a lot of sense to me.
    no... brendan and ste gave her a happy ending if you understood the show you would get it

I agree with the first two posts Dublin. Though she has been shown in a good light lately, overall Cheryl is a selfish bitch. Dissed Brendan for his antics, though he forgave her time and time again and she DID NOT stand by him regardless as he stated for those with a longer memory. She ignored her best best friends pleas for help when she was being stalked, sacked her bar maid over a rape allegation because she had, had a fling with the accused, to name just a few. :mad::mad:
    Snipers are trained to kill, but if given the right orders they can also simply wound if needed.
    Why would they be ordered to wound if a man pulls out a handgun in a threatening manner?
    American's are more shoot first and ask questions later, were much more about getting information.

I agree with you RonSwanson. Snipers may be trained to shoot to kill, but the US are different to the UK because of the level of crime and the level of seriousness of the crimes. I think here, if we can put them down by just disarming them, they will do so. Yes Brendan may have aimed a gun, but I am sure the sniper knew exactly where to aim without incurring death.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Only to be brought back 4 years later chasing a bus...
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    I think the writers chickened out here.

Brendan dying is what should've actually happened but I guess they were too scared to really let him go in the end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Ahh he's still alive? I haven't seen the one on E4.

Fantastic if that's the case. Really didn't think the best soap character ever created should die.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    I think the writers chickened out here.

Brendan dying is what should've actually happened but I guess they were too scared to really let him go in the end.

Agreed. That would have been a fitting exit.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I do see what people are saying about Cheryl but I really don't think their exits could have been any better. I was in tears watching it yesterday and I watched in on C4 again, cried again, and wondered why I'd bothered. I was crying again at the start of this episode and did not expect that twist. I said to my boyfriend "OMFG HE'S ALIVE" ... 5 minutes later he's like.. how come you've stopped crying? I was like.... "He's alive I told you!! :D"

The look he gave me.... :o

But so glad they've left it open for a return. They make that mistake with Warren and I couldn't see them doing it again, I was shocked that they 'killed him off' but didn't expect that.

People saying snipers are trained to kill... I thought it was trained to disarm?

Also regarding Emmett going on to better things, I am sure in a few years (after he's hopefully got jobs lined up that he hopes for, I'm sure he won't struggle with that) if they offer him a return I think he'd consider it... obviously don't know him personally but he appears to have loved playing Brendan and it will have (hopefully) been his big break.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    What WAS Brendan's real final line in tonight's E4? What he shouted to Ste when he was being dragged out - something like 'You changed everything, Steven, everything'. Was that it?
  • Options
    kenny7kenny7 Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame they didn't have the guts to kill Brendan off.

A Brendan return (escape from prison) for Ste's exit in the future wouldn't surprise me now though.
  • Options
    bananashakebananashake Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snipers are trained to disarm suspects, unless given specific orders to kill! Entirely realistic, don't know why people moan are moaning about it! Why would they want to kill a suspect?
  • Options
    miss-kittymiss-kitty Posts: 1,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am a massive Brendan fan, and while I am pleased the door is left open for a future return, I feel it would have been far more poignant for Brendan to have been shot dead.
    I feel it would have had much more effect.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the touch of the Bewitched song.

Isn't that what she danced to when she first appeared in Hollyoaks Later?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    I would have liked him to go on the run with Cheryl however does not take away from him being the greatest soap character ever
  • Options
    LiamBerryTea ~LiamBerryTea ~ Posts: 2,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl ran up saying the gun wasn't loaded after all, so I thought that meant someone else must have shot him.. But that wasn't addressed tonight so have I got my wires crossed?
  • Options
    Everlong GirlEverlong Girl Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    miss-kitty wrote: »
    I am a massive Brendan fan, and while I am pleased the door is left open for a future return, I feel it would have been far more poignant for Brendan to have been shot dead.
    I feel it would have had much more effect.

I agree totally.

I appreciate his relationship with Ste as it added a new layer to his complex character, but there was more to BB than his relationship with just one person

There were his relationships with:

Cheryl, Seamus, Warren, Mitzeee, Walker, Joel, Lynsey, to name but a few which I found just as interesting and at times more compelling. (please don't hate me! :o)

His exit should have been epic - on the scale of no return, but it is what it is!
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've been emotionally destroyed this evening. I'm not guna get into the debate of weather it was a good enough ending or not because I think I would have felt the same either way. All I know is that this is the end on an absolute era.

I wouldn't have minded Cheryls final scenes playing out next week though. She was a little over-shadowed
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Brendan cleaned the gun of Cheryl's fingerprints, he planned to get shot by the police by holding up the gun (which he unloaded)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The gun was loaded when Cheryl shot her dad. Then Brendan emptied it of bullets. She found the bullets, realised the gun wasn't on the table anymore, realised Brendan had it, realised he was going to threaten police and get himself shot, so ran up the stairs shouting IT'S NOT LOADED hoping the police would hear and stand down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has gotta be the best exit. Not for Ste or anything like that
    For him, his childhood and his sisterly relationship I felt. Ste was a very side note it seemed and I liked that affect
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The gun was loaded when Cheryl shot her dad. Then Brendan emptied it of bullets. She found the bullets, realised the gun wasn't on the table anymore, realised Brendan had it, realised he was going to threaten police and get himself shot, so ran up the stairs shouting IT'S NOT LOADED hoping the police would hear and stand down.

Oh I see! Wow that explains so much
    I wonder why he emptied it though, it's not like he had to shoot

I wondered if he had a gun last night. I actually thought they shot him cus he slammed the door lol
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Yeah but in a few months Ste will have forgotten Brendan while he is still rotting in prison. The best thing for their relationship would've been for Brendan to die that way Ste would've had no choice but to move on! Now we get to see Ste give up on Brendan which is actually worse!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I for one was extremely happy with Brendan and Cheryl's exits (E4)!! A perfect way to go!

I've seen too many negative comments online tonight regarding the finale of the trio that was Brendan/Cheryl/Ste. It's ridiculous! (IMO).

Spoilers below!
    All Brendan ultimately wanted was peace. Peace for himself. Peace for his loved ones. And he's achieved that!

Cheryl's exit was just beautiful, her smile has been belated but it came out in the end! And if you're not happy with her ending and Brendan's sacrifice then you really didn't appreciate Brendan as a character! His sister was an essential part of his life.

Also, he didn't need to die. Not everyone needs to die for a dramatic exit. BRENDAN IS NOT GOING TO ROT IN PRISON!! There's no reason why he should! He will stay in there with his head held high for he's finally become the man he never thought he'd become!

Emmett Scanlan could do a whole episode with him sat in an empty room and still make it look fascinating, intriguing and downright incredible!

I could go on forever... but I do honestly believe things have worked out well! Though I can see why 'Stendan' fans may be a little upset.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm happy with it, too. I'd have been fine with him dying, but not in the way they did it in yesterday's episode, so I'm glad it ended differently.

Now, bring him back for Ste's exit and have him die in Ste's arms and it'll be perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree but thats just me :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I see! Wow that explains so much
    I wonder why he emptied it though, it's not like he had to shoot

I wondered if he had a gun last night. I actually thought they shot him cus he slammed the door lol
    Probably just emptied it to be safe.