Sky Movies Disney

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
Forum Member
This launches on Thursday with a channel shuffle in Sky Movies does anyone know where i could find the listings can't find it on Sky Movies mini-site.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also I have a question (better to post it in here rather than making a new post).

As Disney Cinemagic is closing and being replaced with Sky Movies Disney, does this mean the schedule will be made by Sky or will the schedule still be made by Disney?
  • HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    I don't know about online but if you buy the Radio Times Sky Movies Disney is listed in there hope this helps from David Heath
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CuBz90 wrote: »
    Also I have a question (better to post it in here rather than making a new post).

As Disney Cinemagic is closing and being replaced with Sky Movies Disney, does this mean the schedule will be made by Sky or will the schedule still be made by Disney?

As it is a Sky Movies channel, they will most likely will be made by Sky similar to the 007 channel
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Updated channel list as follows

301 - Sky Premier
    302 - Sky Premier + 1
    303 - Sky Showcase
    304 - Sky Greats
    305 - Sky Disney
    306 - Sky Family
    307 - Sky Action & Adventure
    308 - Sky Comedy
    309 - Sky Crime & Thriller
    310 - Sky Drama & Romance
    311 - Sky Sci-Fi & Horror
    312 - Sky Select
    313 - MGM
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like it kicks off at 6pm with Brave
  • iamthenewnumbertwoiamthenewnumbertwo Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are we losing a movie channel? The list above has 12 and I am sure we have 13 at present (11 Sky, 1 MGM and 1 Disney, not including +1)?
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    What is the 1st listings for sky movie's Disney please
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe it's Pixars Brave at 6pm.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it just me or are we losing a movie channel? The list above has 12 and I am sure we have 13 at present (11 Sky, 1 MGM and 1 Disney, not including +1)?

At least we're not losing any films, they'll just be on different channels.

Unlike the closure of BBC HD today, which means many non BBC One/Two programmes won't be available in HD any more!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    At least we're not losing any films, they'll just be on different channels.

Unlike the closure of BBC HD today, which means many non BBC One/Two programmes won't be available in HD any more!!

But it gives less choice of what you can watch at any particular time.

I agree that the BBC move is a backward step.
  • derek500derek500 Posts: 24,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But it gives less choice of what you can watch at any particular time.

I agree that the BBC move is a backward step.

But just about every film is in the on demand library.

We check the new premieres on Showcase every Friday morning with IMDB. Any that score well and/or take our fancy get copied to the planner, so we always have a supply of movies to watch without ever using the linear channels.
  • Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member

Sky Classics is going. That really annoys me because it's my favourite film channel. It seems that hardly anyone is interested in older films anymore. There are vast numbers of films from the '30s, 40s, 50s and '60s which are never seen now. You'd think there would be room for a vintage film channel out of so many other film channels from Sky and others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parker45 wrote: »
    Sky Classics is going. That really annoys me because it's my favourite film channel. It seems that hardly anyone is interested in older films anymore. There are vast numbers of films from the '30s, 40s, 50s and '60s which are never seen now. You'd think there would be room for a vintage film channel out of so many other film channels from Sky and others.

The classics movies will be on Sky Movies Greats and on the other genre specific channels, Sky Comedy, Sky Drama etc.
  • Tom123Tom123 Posts: 1,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

6pm Brave
    7.35 La Luna
    7.45 Luxo Jr
    7.50 Presto
    8.00 Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest
    10.35 Freaky Friday
    12.20 Lion King Special
    12.40 Making of Pirates of the Carribean 3
  • Parker45Parker45 Posts: 5,849
    Forum Member
    JTsky wrote: »
    The classics movies will be on Sky Movies Greats and on the other genre specific channels, Sky Comedy, Sky Drama etc.

Thank you. Of course, the only problem with that is that I used to be able to scan the Classics schedule to see what i wanted to see but now I have to scan every film channel!
  • Ben_FreemanBen_Freeman Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    Thanks for posting the listings
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parker45 wrote: »
    Thank you. Of course, the only problem with that is that I used to be able to scan the Classics schedule to see what i wanted to see but now I have to scan every film channel!

And now we have only 8 channels per EPG page this takes twice as long as it used to when there were 11 (just enough for all the sky movies channels).
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    webbie wrote: »
    And now we have only 8 channels per EPG page this takes twice as long as it used to when there were 11 (just enough for all the sky movies channels).

Twice as long eh?! Must have missed the memo that 8x2=11.
  • CuBz90CuBz90 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    But just about every film is in the on demand library.

We check the new premieres on Showcase every Friday morning with IMDB. Any that score well and/or take our fancy get copied to the planner, so we always have a supply of movies to watch without ever using the linear channels.

And to be fair I also pretty much only use the On Demand service to watch movies (on one of my boxes, the other doesn't have a Wi-Fi box attached) but that is not the point, according to Sky's adverts we are getting a new movie channel showcasing the best of Disney when we are in reality getting a rebrand of an existing Disney channel and the removal of a Sky branded channel.

I know several people who don't use On Demand due to data limits on broadband.

Additionally I can now download programmes to my PC for a small charge, wait a minute I used to be able to do that for free.

None of these individually are big issues but all these little issues are beginning to stack up and I am beginning to feel a little fleeced.
  • webbiewebbie Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes twice as long. You must have also missed the memo that 1 page + 1 page = 2 pages. ;)
  • big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    webbie wrote: »
    Yes twice as long. You must have also missed the memo that 1 page + 1 page = 2 pages. ;)

Ahhh...yes, but that would only be true if you had to read all the entries on both pages ;)
  • Ben1980Ben1980 Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly seems as though they will be phasing the content in.

On both the section for the channel on the Sky movies website and the mobile app there is no mention of titles such as the Toy Story trilogy and The Incredibles.

http://skymovies.sky.com/sky-movies-disney
  • pogitpogit Posts: 612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cars, Brave, The Lion King and something else I fail to recall have al downloaded but remain invisible on my hd box all with the channel displayed as Sky Movies Disney. I found this out Using ExPvr today as I was looking at upgrading the hard drive.

it would suggest that they are putting good content on from the start. Well who doesn't like The Lion King?
  • cookieonecookieone Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Has anyone actually got sky Disney on their epg yet?