Options

Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners C4 Now

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrscee wrote: »
    and they cry at having to go outside or touch things but manage to have make up on and dye their hair

if the idiot mum wasn't like that she wouldn't be. Was funny when Tuesday swabbed her new pumps and went home crying as she had only had them 7 days. Makes you feel so much better about your own life :)
  • Options
    looby383xlooby383x Posts: 3,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure this has been said before, but it makes so so mad that I need to vent about it.

It's the mother & daughter OCD that really make me angry - well, the mother, anyway. I can't understand how she cannot recognise that she has a problem and now that she can see she has affected her daughter, she should make sure that they both get help. If it was just her, fair enough, do what she wants, but as soon as your own life is impacting negatively on your child, you should make the sacrifice of getting help to ensure that your child also gets the help they need.

Surely she cannot want this for her daughter ? Last night when she looked up to the bleach everything, steam everything OCD woman I wanted to weep for her daughter. She is actively encouraging this behaviour in her daughter.

I remember watching a programme about OCD with Jon Richardson and there was a woman who had let OCD ruin her life and although she had tried hard for it not to happen, her son had also developed it when he went to university. He eventually killed himself because he felt that he could not get away from the OCD thoughts that he had. The guilt that his mother felt was heart breaking - I cried.

I haven't caught all of this series, so I don't know if maybe they are getting help and I have just ranted for no reason, but everything I see them, I feel for the daughter and want to shake the mother. To me, they seem to encourage an escalation in each other's behaviour, rather than the parent trying to reassure her child.
  • Options
    nellieknelliek Posts: 10,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to laugh at Hayley throwing a bottle of bleach around her sink and draining board and then one of the others swabbing the surface and everyone cheering when the result said zero. If bleach is supposed to kill germs than it should be a very low reading.
    It would have made more sense to have done a reading before she bleached everywhere.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looby383x wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been said before, but it makes so so mad that I need to vent about it.

It's the mother & daughter OCD that really make me angry - well, the mother, anyway. I can't understand how she cannot recognise that she has a problem and now that she can see she has affected her daughter, she should make sure that they both get help. If it was just her, fair enough, do what she wants, but as soon as your own life is impacting negatively on your child, you should make the sacrifice of getting help to ensure that your child also gets the help they need.

Surely she cannot want this for her daughter ? Last night when she looked up to the bleach everything, steam everything OCD woman I wanted to weep for her daughter. She is actively encouraging this behaviour in her daughter.

I remember watching a programme about OCD with Jon Richardson and there was a woman who had let OCD ruin her life and although she had tried hard for it not to happen, her son had also developed it when he went to university. He eventually killed himself because he felt that he could not get away from the OCD thoughts that he had. The guilt that his mother felt was heart breaking - I cried.

I haven't caught all of this series, so I don't know if maybe they are getting help and I have just ranted for no reason, but everything I see them, I feel for the daughter and want to shake the mother. To me, they seem to encourage an escalation in each other's behaviour, rather than the parent trying to reassure her child.

I don't think they are getting much help, they are just finding out things aren't as dirty as they think.

I honestly thought they was a couple the first time I tuned in
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's an article on Hayley, the one who bleaches everything:

http://www.eastgrinsteadcourier.co.uk/East-Grinstead-mum-beats-OCD-disorder-hitting-TV/story-18276698-detail/story.html

"A LIFELONG sufferer of obsessive compulsive disorder has described her recovery after her story hit television screens.

Mum-of-three Hayley Leitch, of Ship Street, East Grinstead, has appeared on Channel 4 show Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners to help banish the bleach once and for all.

The 27-year-old, who on the eve of her wedding went on a 17-hour cleaning binge, became so consumed by the disorder that she cleaned her hands in bleach and her fear of germs rendered her virtually housebound.

But having learnt to control her cleaning addiction after she was diagnosed with the condition in 2007, Mrs Leitch has taken part in the new TV series, which sees cleaning obsessives scrub public buildings."
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some episodes are repeating on More4, one lady cleans her house 35 hours a week :o What on earth could she be cleaning? Wouldn't that be like doing a spring-clean every day? And her friend says she doesn't invite her over for a cup of tea anymore because she ends up cleaning the kitchen instead of relaxing with a cuppa. That's a bit sad.
  • Options
    AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New series of this starts tonight, I shall probably be watching and cringing as usual although on Channel 4 +1
  • Options
    AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember this documentry that came on,C4 some years back and it was called the man who fell in love with 12.And he had this OCD problem were he thought him and his family would be safe he keep counting to number twelve.He was scared a snake would come up the toilet if he forgot to say twelve.You can't help but feel sorry for him but it's funny.
  • Options
    gamzattiwoogamzattiwoo Posts: 3,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I 've just cleaned my sink.Not that it was really bad just not shining as had not done it for a couple of days.Didn't put a test swab on it though not that fussy.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This weeks looks fun!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This woman in the tiny short skirt that has named her Henry is definately odd.. She's cleaning her kitchen floor by rinsing out her rag in dirty water then going back onto the floor - now that can't be clean surely.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel sorry for the old guy who lost his wife and is living alone - with only his owls for company:(
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    God that must be so difficult losing someone you love, dreaming about them and then waking up and realising they're not there. I can't begin to imagine that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    20 to 30 times a day to hoover a rug... WTF!!!
  • Options
    Funk YouFunk You Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    my friend Claire is on the next one :) shes obsessive!
  • Options
    poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this show ! Its brilliant I admire the OCD people when they have to face their fears and clean these homes. I have spent a few days watching most of the episodes and it has made me want to blitz my house. :D

Has anyone got any cleaning tips they could share ?
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman who licks the toilet should be ashamed of herself. Tramp.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Hayley , she's so bubbly. However that girl has serious issues with bleach ! She should star in an advert for the stuff.
    What also shocks me is the way some of the cleaners mix bleach with other chemicals especially in the toilet. Can't wait for the next episode. :D

I miss Kim and Aggie :(
  • Options
    ntscuserntscuser Posts: 8,246
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »
    I love Hayley , she's so bubbly.

...And always immaculately dressed! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On tonight at 8 Ive never really watched it before but only watching tonight as my friend is on it :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ntscuser wrote: »
    ...And always immaculately dressed! :)

I loved it in the first series when she was cleaning wearing heels !! I always wear comfy socks or slippers. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funk You wrote: »
    On tonight at 8 Ive never really watched it before but only watching tonight as my friend is on it :)

Its really good. Who is your friend ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    poppy10 wrote: »
    Its really good. Who is your friend ?

Claire :) she's lovely but some people think she obsesses too much with her cleaning but its just her way of doing things.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's harsh this woman in the boiler suit I'd rather have Clair telling me what to do I think I might punch that woman after 5 minutes
  • Options
    Jenny_SawyerJenny_Sawyer Posts: 12,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark is vile; hark at him saying he prefers to be single because women nag - no woman in her right mind would have him! Usually the people in the dirty homes have just lost their way a bit & are basically nice, but he is deeply unpleasant.