Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor guy. Coulson can't know as many dirty secrets as Brooks. :D
  • flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    Everyone and their dog knew she'd be found not guilty

Too many friends in the right places.
    Pedro wrote: »
    What the Hell has happened to this Country?

What are you suggesting her friends in the right places did? tampered with the jury? kidnapped the judge's cat?

Are you willing to entertain the possibility that it was a fair trial and the jury was not able to convict her beyond a reasonable doubt? or is it definitely a conspiracy?
  • David TeeDavid Tee Posts: 22,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "If I have been lied to, that would be the moment for profound apology" July 2011

Exactly.
  • JillyJilly Posts: 20,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jmclaugh wrote: »
    So nobody higher up than Coulson knew about phone hacking at the NoW. Hmmmm.

That puzzles me.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flagpole wrote: »
    What are you suggesting her friends in the right places did? tampered with the jury? kidnapped the judge's cat?

Are you willing to entertain the possibility that it was a fair trial and the jury was not able to convict her beyond a reasonable doubt? or is it definitely a conspiracy?

Exactly. 'Friends in the right places' would have meant no trial at all, not a jury trial...
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's the right verdict. As the trial went on and little snippets of info were released to the press it was becoming more and more apparent this verdict was on the way for her. CPS will have some questions to answer.
    Forum Member
    I think it's the right verdict. As the trial went on and little snippets of info were released to the press it was becoming more and more apparent this verdict was on the way for her. CPS will have some questions to answer.

who was the guy that said 'do his phone' or something like that.

up-until that point i was sure the evidence would be too nuanced to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

presumably that was coulson?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we forgetting who identified Coulson for his job with the Tory party and who recommended him?

Because that was George Osborne...he and others have testified under oath on more than one occasion it was his bright idea in the first place.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC is running big on this story all over their website. Well, the Andy Coulson bit, at any rate.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I do not believe for one second that she is innocent of anything.

Coulson bring convicted (and jailed) is a colossal embarrassment for Cameron though, which is lovely; can't wait to see him squirm PMQs tomorrow.

When does Piers Morgan's trial start?
  • glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

up-until that point i was sure the evidence would be too nuanced to be beyond a reasonable doubt.

presumably that was coulson?[/QUOTE]

It was and he didn't just say it...he wrote it in an e mail (though later claimed "do his phone" actually means "check his phone bills")
  • CMK29CMK29 Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I've not been following this lately - does anyone know if the jury was instructed before they retired?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

presumably that was coulson?

Yeah I think it was. I don't think RB was ever directly implicated as ordering phone hacking to take place.
  • JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What are the chances of. Coulson appealing ?

Having to go through it all again will be time consuming.
    Not sure how quick appeals are held but is there any chance of it co-inciding with the General Election run-up
    Forum Member
    It was and he didn't just say it...he wrote it in an e mail (though later claimed "do his phone" actually means "check his phone bills")
    Yeah I think it was. I don't think RB was ever directly implicated as ordering phone hacking to take place.

I think juries need something like that.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "If I have been lied to, that would be the moment for profound apology" July 2011

It's fair enough that Cameron apologises for being lied to - but he's hardly the first leader to make some bad decisions based upon a pack of lies. There's no evidence that Cameron knew about the hacking.
    Forum Member

Coulson bring convicted (and jailed) is a colossal embarrassment for Cameron though, which is lovely; can't wait to see him squirm PMQs tomorrow.

you think that a criminal operating out of number 10 is worth it for cameron squirming? you must be one of these people that hopes the economy doesn't recover before the election.

how pleasant.
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    It's fair enough that Cameron apologises for being lied to - but he's hardly the first leader to make some bad decisions based upon a pack of lies. There's no evidence that Cameron knew about the hacking.

quite. It's not exactly the same as systematically deceiving the country and parliament to take us in to an illegal war in which people are still dying.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thankfully we have a jury system in this country which relies on 12 people sitting through all of the evidence rather than people like you making judgements based upon second hand reports.
  • fainéantfainéant Posts: 2,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You little liar!"

"Rock on Tommy!"
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cameron should apologise for not having a time machine, finding out the verdict from the court case, then returning to last year and admitting he should have known better than a future jury.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find it amazing that people feel able to claim a jury verdict is 'wrong', despite them not being on the jury or hearing any of the evidence.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    What the Hell has happened to this Country?

An independent jury sat through a case, heard all the evidence, and came to the conclusion that the defendant wasn't guilty beyond reasonable doubt of the charges faced.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst the verdicts returned were not guilty in the majority of cases, it seems inconceivable that Coulson was the only person who knew what was going on.

The verdicts may be right in that there was insufficient evidence to convict but that does not mean that certain people knew nothing about what was going on. However, legally speaking I have to respect the verdicts. In my personal view though I think some scummy people are damn lucky.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BIB. you can't say that.

Why did the judge tell her not to talk to the press. What does it have to do with him?