"I looked for my mother, Then I found out I married my brother"

2»

Comments

• Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Red John wrote: »
    I think it's funny. It can't have been that devastating for them seeing as they're going to continue as before.

Yeah, I think we all get that now.

You're in danger of looking a bit of a d1ck if you're going to keep banging on about it...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I think we all get that now.

You're in danger of looking a bit of a d1ck if you're going to keep banging on about it...

Saying something twice qualifies as "banging on" about something now? That's not the first time you've responded to one of my comments with an unnecessarily hostile tone. Maybe you take forums a bit too seriously?
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Saying something twice qualifies as "banging on" about something now? That's not the first time you've responded to one of my comments with an unnecessarily hostile tone. Maybe you take forums a bit too seriously?

And maybe you're a bit too sensitive for them. :)
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Regarding forcing the mother to put the father's name on the birth certificate :

1. Would that be sufficient for her to claim maintenance?

2. What if the person named denies it (assuming he's aware of it) or objects?

3. What if she doesn't know his name, or there could be two or three? Would she put "some soldiers"?
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Regarding forcing the mother to put the father's name on the birth certificate :

1. Would that be sufficient for her to claim maintenance?

2. What if the person named denies it (assuming he's aware of it) or objects?

3. What if she doesn't know his name, or there could be two or three? Would she put "some soldiers"?

I would say in these cases a DNA test should be done. A child has the right to know who their father is even if the mother does not want them to know. I agree with trying to protect them however the truth will come out one day. I know of someone who for years thought the person who was their father was dead. Then the truth came out that it was not him but someone else and he was still alive. This man's relationship with his mother is now very strained due to the fact that she lied to him.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    I would say in these cases a DNA test should be done. A child has the right to know who their father is even if the mother does not want them to know. I agree with trying to protect them however the truth will come out one day. I know of someone who for years thought the person who was their father was dead. Then the truth came out that it was not him but someone else and he was still alive. This man's relationship with his mother is now very strained due to the fact that she lied to him.

BIB - You refer to the mother not wanting them to know and in your OP it was the mother not wanting the father on the Birth Certificate... While yes there are women who act stupidly with regards to keeping the father's detail from the child, equally there are men who refuse to put their name on the BC and who refuse to take a DNA test because they don't want it to be proved that the child is theirs.

Your points regarding the child's rights are very valid (and as I said back in post #5 I do agree with you) but let's please try and remember that it's not always the mother at fault. Sometimes the mother acts like a selfish idiot, sometimes the father acts like a selfish idiot.
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    BIB - You refer to the mother not wanting them to know and in your OP it was the mother not wanting the father on the Birth Certificate... While yes there are women who act stupidly with regards to keeping the father's detail from the child, equally there are men who refuse to put their name on the BC and who refuse to take a DNA test because they don't want it to be proved that the child is theirs.

Your points regarding the child's rights are very valid (and as I said back in post #5 I do agree with you) but let's please try and remember that it's not always the mother at fault. Sometimes the mother acts like a selfish idiot, sometimes the father acts like a selfish idiot.

Fair points I am going from experience I suppose when writing this as my OH's mother refused to have my OH's father on her birth certificate. Due to them seperating while she was pregnant. Though we have now met her dad (no longer talking though that's another story). Whilst we were talking she did agree to go to a solicitor and declared that he was the father.

So my OH went to the Registry office with this declaration and her father and got a new birth certificate with her fathers name on it. Even though the relationship with them both went wrong (again:(). She is happy to know exactly where she came from.
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Fair points I am going from experience I suppose when writing this as my OH's mother refused to have my OH's father on her birth certificate. Due to them seperating while she was pregnant. Though we have now met her dad (no longer talking though that's another story). Whilst we were talking she did agree to go to a solicitor and declared that he was the father.

So my OH went to the Registry office with this declaration and her father and got a new birth certificate with her fathers name on it. Even though the relationship with them both went wrong (again:(). She is happy to know exactly where she came from.

As I said, some mothers act stupidly and selfishly.

Neither of my kids have their father's names on their BC because their dads didn't bother to show up to the appointments, and because we weren't married I wasn't allowed to put their names on. So all I can do is make sure they both know who their dads are and as much about them as possible despite their names not being on the BC.

So some fathers act stupidly and selfishly too.
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    All that time he's been banging his own sister. LOL! Priceless. I'd love to have seen his face when he found out.

You are Jay Cartwright from The Inbetweeners and I claim my £5.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard once that family members have a smell that puts each other off so that incest doesn't happen, is that true?

No, the only real reason that family members don't end up in bed together is the knowledge they are your family and growing up with them as such. If you never knew about someone who was a family member and you met them you would feel a connection to them and more often than not you could end up in bed with them.