Options

Quo to do gig without Rick Parfitt

bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
Forum Member
✭✭
Quo have a Festival appereance at Clumber park tommorow. However due to Rick Parfitts health scare earlier this month he has been told by his doctors not to do the gig.

So instead of cancelling the gig they have asked Bass player Rhino's son Freddie Edwards to step into the role of Rhythm Guitarist.

Rick said, "Obviously I'm really disappointed to be missing this show but I'm pleased that Freddie will be able to step up and help the band out whilst I'm recuperating. I know all the Quo fans will make him welcome and I'll be back onstage soon!"

Francis Rossi said, "It will certainly be strange performing without Rick, but Freddie performed with me when I did my solo tour so I know that he's got what it takes and, of course, he's part of the Quo family".

John 'Rhino' Edwards said, "This is going to be an amazing experience for us; what a day for the family".

The band's manager Simon Porter said, "Our priority is of course to do everything we can to get Rick back onstage as soon as possible, but we hate letting down the fans and we're delighted that this show will still go ahead. Rick is making a fantastic recovery, but his Doctors have yesterday advised just a few more days recuperation before hitting the stage again for a full voltage Quo show. This is a real piece of Quo history in the making; Rick will be back soon but, in the meantime, we look forward to welcoming Freddie into the fold for what we are sure will be a memorable one-off."

Well it will be strange though to me it will not be a Quo gig it will be a Francis Rossi Solo gig.