Rise of the Tomb Raider for Xbox consoles only!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Each new statement just seems to create more questions and the vagueness of those statements allows everyone to form their own conclusion which leads to threads like this rumbling on and on.

I have to agree never has announcing a game as exclusive been so confusing

They could of solved all this with a comma

Xbox exclusive, coming holiday 2015
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I have to agree never has announcing a game as exclusive been so confusing

They could of solved all this with a comma

Xbox exclusive, coming holiday 2015

From Gamescom, Darrell Gallagher Head of Product Development at Crystal Dynamics.
    With the power of the new generation and working closely with the team at Microsoft .....

.... Blockbuster games need big partners. We've had some great support from Microsoft, and we're excited to take our partnership to new heights with Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, exclusively to Xbox.

That's what was said word for word (with my commas where there was a pause).

It's what happened after that's causing confusion.
  • stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,395
    Forum Member
    Shuhei Yoshida from Sony has said he had no idea that ROTTR was going to be announced as exclusive last week.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/19/shuhei-yoshida-didnt-know-about-tomb-raiders-exclusivity-in-advance
  • shoestring25shoestring25 Posts: 4,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he must of thought it could happen when sony sold all their square enix shares
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    I bet Uncharted 4 sells at least twice as many copies as ROTTR in their first months!
    Forum Member
    I bet Uncharted 4 sells at least twice as many copies as ROTTR in their first months!

At the minute it has twice the userbase so that's not much of a stretch.

Chances are there will be at least 20 million ps4s out there by the time Unchated is released.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do think (or maybe hope) that the reason they aren't saying how long the timed exclusive is, is because it isn't very long. If, for example it is only a week or two I can see why Microsoft wouldn't want that announced as people might just say, "well I'll wait till it comes out on .... then".

If it were, say a 6 month exclusivity I can see them stating that as it may encourage people thinking about buying an XB1 to get one.
    Forum Member
    MsLurker wrote: »

That FAQ is no help whatsoever.

I love this comment underneath
    You can change the answers of questions 1 thru 5 with the same answer actualy...

"THEY GIVE US MONEY SO SHUT THE **** UP"
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to anyone and everyone this looks like a massive mistake. will be very interesting to see how it pans out and if Microsoft will benefit as much as they hope to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think it'll boost xbox one sales but will help crystal dyanamics financially for sure. Still think it's a good move by MS to get the exclusivity to fill the adventure genre that sony has covered.
    Forum Member
    Microsoft have announced that they will be the publisher for the title:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-will-be-published-by-micro/1100-6424104/
  • Gemma_HardingGemma_Harding Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing the trailer for Unchartered 4, my disappointment at this being a Xbox exclusive has diminished.
    Forum Member
    Not that bothered as most likely timed, and will give the PS4 owners a chance to Platinum UC4.

So will get it if possible in 2016.

TBH going with MS was a good idea if they were releasing any time near Uncharted. UC3 sold better than TR Reboot
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if Microsoft is to publish the game not square enix not sure it will ever turn up on ps4. I suspect the timed exclusive part of it is for the PC release
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if Microsoft is to publish the game not square enix not sure it will ever turn up on ps4. I suspect the timed exclusive part of it is for the PC release

Never say never, remember Mass Effect 1 was published by microsoft and I've been enjoying the trilogy on my PS3 for a few years now
    Forum Member

We will see MS published games on a Sony console within a year.

It will be odd ones like Minecraft, there is a ready market and it will make MS quite a bit of money.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never say never, remember Mass Effect 1 was published by microsoft and I've been enjoying the trilogy on my PS3 for a few years now

becuse EA now publish the mass effect games not microsoft
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully I will be able to get a PS4 when Uncharted 4 is out and enjoy both of these games.
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    I believe the reason Mass Effect ended up coming to PS3 was because EA brought Bioware & a bunch of there ip's which included Mass Effect.

Had that not happened I think the Mass Effect series would have remained console exclusive to Xbox & continued to be published by Microsoft.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    becuse EA now publish the mass effect games not microsoft
    I believe the reason Mass Effect ended up coming to PS3 was because EA brought Bioware & a bunch of there ip's which included Mass Effect.

Had that not happened I think the Mass Effect series would have remained console exclusive to Xbox & continued to be published by Microsoft.

Just like Mass Effect, they are publishing the game but they won't own Tomb Raider

Square Enix could potentially have the option to take it elsewhere just like EA did, hence my never say never, I own the X1 now though so if I can't wait any longer I'll just buy a pre owned copy because I strongly disagree with taking multiplats and putting them on one console
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From reading MS and Square's statements, I'm not so sure this will ever end up on another console platform. MS seems to be investing in more than just publishing it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-09-square-enix-confirms-microsoft-will-publish-rise-of-the-tomb-raider
    Yes, Microsoft will be publishing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox. Microsoft has always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and they will get behind this game with more support across development, marketing and retail than ever before, which we believe will be a step in continuing to build the Tomb Raider franchise as one of the biggest in gaming.
    Microsoft wrote:
    Yes, Microsoft will be publishing Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox.

Similar to how we worked with Capcom on Dead Rising 3 or Harmonix on Dance Central, we’re very excited to partner with the amazing team at Crystal Dynamics to bring Rise of the Tomb Raider in holiday 2015, exclusively to Xbox.

Both our team and the Xbox community are huge fans of the franchise and we can’t wait to share more on the game in the future.

(re. the references... Dead Rising 3 was an Xbox One launch game, and only came to PC in September this year, while the Dance Central games have only ever been on Xbox)
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How hard is it to come out with as solid statement over this game. Sony came out with a pretty clear statement regarding Street Fighter "PlayStation 4 will be the only console this game ever appears on.". No confusion, no misunderstanding, no thread rumbling on for 12 pages and 4 months. Even the latest statement from MS is far from clear, although it does suggest the game probably wont be coming to PS4.
  • brbbrb Posts: 27,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, we already know 100% that the game is a timed exclusive. This was confirmed a few months back. Although, I do wonder if the fact that MS is now publishing the game means that MS decided to throw more money at it to make it full exclusive. Seems an odd move if not.