In England we say

WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
Forum Member
✭✭✭
"The shit has hit the fan". I'm pretty sure that's used in other countries too, James!

How many more times is he going to say this?

Ola sometimes must want to say adios!

Comments

• WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sheep has hit the Fan.
  • SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bigger Off James >:(
  • Janette800Janette800 Posts: 13,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Condescending idiot
  • julie_tredgoldjulie_tredgold Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was talking about himself , it has hit the fan for him , he is loosing his power :o, he is going to have to work twice as hard now , the poor chap is going into meltdown

you can do it Brad :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He talks slowly and deliberately and with a slight inflection ....like that thing the English do when talking to someone foreign.

"Me ...want to go...to station....bus...big red thing.....take me...broom broom...to dance studio.....dance studio?.....where people...dance...boogie woogie??...yes?...brad Pitt?....me...I'm brad Pitt....BRAD PITT...ME...I AM BRAD PITT...DANCING....BUS...STEEL HORSE....RED STEEL HORSE....IN ENGLAND WE SAY "I AM BRAD PITT" ....BUS....BRAD PITT!!.....oh I give up!"
  • Panda EyesPanda Eyes Posts: 4,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He talks slowly and deliberately and with a slight inflection ....like that thing the English do when talking to someone foreign.

"Me ...want to go...to station....bus...big red thing.....take me...broom broom...to dance studio.....dance studio?.....where people...dance...boogie woogie??...yes?...brad Pitt?....me...I'm brad Pitt....BRAD PITT...ME...I AM BRAD PITT...DANCING....BUS...STEEL HORSE....RED STEEL HORSE....IN ENGLAND WE SAY "I AM BRAD PITT" ....BUS....BRAD PITT!!.....oh I give up!"

hahahaha
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    In England we say... James is an absolute tosser who needs to vacate our TV screens.
  • KrommKromm Posts: 6,180
    Forum Member
    It's interesting, because it usually comes down to him talking to people like they're idiots.

The funniest case was when he was trying to explain to Gary how to shower, and then how they needed to gang-backup Gary when he showers.

Gary is brain damaged and hard of hearing, true, but I think he knows how to shower (even if he has to be talked into it).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    What a pompous bozo he is!

The expression is apparently Canadian/US slang from the nineteen thirties and was used a lot by American military during the second world war.

Gary must have the patience of a saint to put up with the pontifications of James, "the great and good".
  • EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think that even someone like James would realize that just by using the word "shit" rather than "shite" ... he'd know it wasn't an expression of British origin.

But then again, the dullard can't pronounce Gary Busey's name correctly, either.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The phrase is actually American in origin and dates back to WW2 or even earlier :D
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is when he can be slightly annoying
  • PontywarriorPontywarrior Posts: 8,142
    Forum Member
    For crying out loud some people are getting so desperate in their hate for this guy!

I have no clue if that saying is used in other countries, many people say that the USA and the UK are divided by a common language for the very reason that often we don't know what the other is trying to say.

My only problem is that James forgets about the rest of the UK.

Some of these posts are as pathetic as the reason Dee gave for nominating George!
  • zolugzolug Posts: 2,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For crying out loud some people are getting so desperate in their hate for this guy!

I have no clue if that saying is used in other countries, many people say that the USA and the UK are divided by a common language for the very reason that often we don't know what the other is trying to say.

My only problem is that James forgets about the rest of the UK.

Some of these posts are as pathetic as the reason Dee gave for nominating George!

And yours is so full of wisdom.:confused:
  • QuiteInterestedQuiteInterested Posts: 1,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has he never seen "Airplane" ? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pitt hits the fan.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You have to laugh at him, doesn't he realise that most of the things he's saying we say in England are American sayings that have been picked up in the UK from film, TV, etc, especially the shit will hit the fan remark :D
  • scottishmagscottishmag Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in England we say shite
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he never seen "Airplane" ? ;)
    Hahaha ... I was thinking of that just now as I was posting above, one of the best scenes ever!!! :Dhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdp46Jen_w
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Kromm wrote: »
    It's interesting, because it usually comes down to him talking to people like they're idiots.

The funniest case was when he was trying to explain to Gary how to shower, and then how they needed to gang-backup Gary when he showers.

Gary is brain damaged and hard of hearing, true, but I think he knows how to shower (even if he has to be talked into it).

They did save his hearing aids from a good soaking though. :)

Ps you forgot to say he's 70 years old ;-)
  • white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely the 'In England We Say' was a response to Gary telling all the Americans how they do things/what they say in the USA?!! Gary's as patronising as anyone in there.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's a right little Englander isn't he, I wonder if Ola mistakes his xenophobia for a quirky sense of humour? :cool:
  • Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    "Pretentious Prat" is pretty universal in all countries and languages including Klingon!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was an American thing, hopefully Gary was taking the pi$$ out of him when he said Sheep hitting the fan
  • SkyrahSkyrah Posts: 14,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    he's a right little Englander isn't he, I wonder if Ola mistakes his xenophobia for a quirky sense of humour? :cool:

If James as xenophobic as you say he is, then why did he marry Ola who is Polish ?