Options

Most Unpleasant Non-pain Sensations?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,910
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I think Dizzyness and Vomiting. No pain but just not nice. Any others?

Comments

• Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chronically itchy arse hole isn't pleasant
  • Options
    QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When all the blood rushes to your foot after it's been asleep for a while.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The constant itching you get with severe eczema.
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dread or fear.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's sort of painful, but when tin foil (or similar) comes into contact with your tooth fillings. Shudder.

Oh, and that horrible sinking-stomach feeling that you get when you unexpectedly discover something unpleasant, but have to keep on reading/talking etc. I remember the day I discovered messages on my partners computer, and the sinking feeling when it became clear where the messages were leading was absolutely horrific, yet I absolutely needed to keep on reading anyway.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quixotic wrote: »

Or your arm and it just flops.

Musty smells as I have a very strong sense of smell.
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The feel and sound of sharpening a knife.

Pins and needles.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When ice cream freezes the roof of your mouth. I can't exactly describe it as a pain, but I still feel as if I'm going to die.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    When ice cream freezes the roof of your mouth. I can't exactly describe it as a pain, but I still feel as if I'm going to die.

Ahh yes, brainfreeze! I recently discovered that pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth gets rid of that pretty quickly! :)
  • Options
    Kayleigh2010Kayleigh2010 Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    I guess it's sort of painful, but when tin foil (or similar) comes into contact with your tooth fillings. Shudder.

Oh, and that horrible sinking-stomach feeling that you get when you unexpectedly discover something unpleasant, but have to keep on reading/talking etc. I remember the day I discovered messages on my partners computer, and the sinking feeling when it became clear where the messages were leading was absolutely horrific, yet I absolutely needed to keep on reading anyway.

oooh I second this :o
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Operatic sopranos , especially going for the high notes :o

*wince*
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Ahh yes, brainfreeze! I recently discovered that pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth gets rid of that pretty quickly! :)
    Oh no it doesn't. That's the always first thing I try. I wonder if it can actually kill you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Panic attacks. I reckon they out-weigh anything except very severe pain.

I have a friend who has a high-level complete spinal injury, ie no movement or feeling below the chest. Theoretically you could cut his leg off and he wouldn't feel it. Except that he does. He has never quite been able to convey the feeling, but without knowing where the pain is, he knows that something very unpleasant has happened to his body. (I don't mean that people keep cutting his legs off. Urinary tract infections are the normal thing.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sleep paralysis, absolutely terrifying.

It's a temporary inability to move or speak that happens when you are waking up or, less commonly, falling asleep.The paralysis can last from a few seconds to several minutes.

It's happened when I've been lying on my back and I can't move, I try to move a few inches so if I slip off the bed it'll wake me up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    Oh no it doesn't. That's the always first thing I try. I wonder if it can actually kill you.

Oh no!!! It worked for me at least! :p I can't imagine it could kill you, though it'd be a pretty lame way to die if you could. Death by ice-cream.. :[
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nausea. Depression. Grief.
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    My OH says fainting

Quixotic wrote: »

I like that :blush:
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    The constant itching you get with severe eczema.

Definitely this!
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chewing tin foil
  • Options
    catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone else ever 'caught' a nerve in their neck when they turn their head a long way to look at something behind them? I used to get it quite often as a child but can't remember the last time it happened.
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Operatic sopranos , especially going for the high notes :o

*wince*

Thought I was the only one !!! The noise of a soprano in full flight stresses me !!

The itch of a mosquito bite is on my list too
  • Options
    LandisLandis Posts: 14,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    luckylila wrote: »
    Dread or fear.

Winner. :cool:
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cold in your hands after you have de iced you car
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    Cutlery scrapping on a plate!
  • Options
    NoseyLouieNoseyLouie Posts: 5,651
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Sleep paralysis, absolutely terrifying.

It's a temporary inability to move or speak that happens when you are waking up or, less commonly, falling asleep.The paralysis can last from a few seconds to several minutes.

It's happened when I've been lying on my back and I can't move, I try to move a few inches so if I slip off the bed it'll wake me up.

That is terrifying especially when accompanied by the sensation of someone or something sitting on your chest..that's disturbing. Seemingly screaming but no sound is uttered..

I don't like a 'panic' adrenaline rush when you are halfway through and interview and the mind goes blank..you were doing so well up until then..nooooo! It comes with sweaty palms that type of horribleness..

Yikes...
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I obviously haven't experienced this, but the sensation of knowing that your death is imminent (and knowing the exact time and date) and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it must be awful.
    Such as before an execution.