Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Thanks georgy for the info. My crumble layer was far too thin.

I am glad to hear the gf is nice. As long as your son is happy that is all that matters.

We are having a guest for the weekend so must get cracking and clean things up.

See you all later.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    John James @uk_JohnJames_oz · Aug 29
    O'NEAL🏀 http://instagram.com/p/sR5ipdnErs/

John James
    @uk_JohnJames_oz
    Follow me on Insta and ill follow you all back xjohnjamesx

Couple of new pictures on his Instagram, hopefully this means more pictures
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member

John James
    @uk_JohnJames_oz

Thank you luke xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Morning all

You are very brave augusta to have a party. Hope you aren't going to cook too much. My sister-in-law had a similar problem so she went to M&S and Waitrose and they did everything - all she had to do was wash up. Take the stress out of it and buy in what you need. I have used Waitrose for things like poached salmon and some really nice canapes. Really saves on the washing up etc.

Quiet day today - have to tackle the washing of the windows downstairs. Another job I hate - and of course ironing etc. Must also clean the loos. The joys of housework!

Take care all and have a good day.

you have read my mind....this sounds just like my kind of catering......I think I will be paying them a visit..:-D

just back at work....the builders have been in everything is covered in a thin layer of dust.......so much cleaning to do ........:o

I have been watching this latest phone hacking scandal with fascination.......the ones with the nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence and others that have been stolen from their iphone clouds and released on the internet. I agree it is a massive violation of their privacy.

It has happened before, but I don't think it has happened on quite such a large scale or had quite so much publicity.

I wonder what will happen in a few weeks when the dust actually settles......will there be better steps to improve internet security, and to raise awareness that these nude kind of selfies...are never going to be 100 % safe??:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member

John James
    @uk_JohnJames_oz

Thanks Luke. Hope we will get more photos. Thank you for posting the link. I still don't like the tattoos though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Just back from the gym. Feel so good - will tackle the floors.

Hope we will get more holiday snaps from John. I was wondering if he still kept in touch with Sean.

Phone ringing so must dash. . .
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Thanks georgy for the info. My crumble layer was far too thin.

I am glad to hear the gf is nice. As long as your son is happy that is all that matters.

We are having a guest for the weekend so must get cracking and clean things up.

See you all later.

not sure it was Nyannie a lot of new crumble recipes, have a very thin layer

my recipe is a old traditional one, :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    you have read my mind....this sounds just like my kind of catering......I think I will be paying them a visit..:-D

just back at work....the builders have been in everything is covered in a thin layer of dust.......so much cleaning to do ........:o

I have been watching this latest phone hacking scandal with fascination.......the ones with the nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence and others that have been stolen from their iphone clouds and released on the internet. I agree it is a massive violation of their privacy.

It has happened before, but I don't think it has happened on quite such a large scale or had quite so much publicity.

I wonder what will happen in a few weeks when the dust actually settles......will there be better steps to improve internet security, and to raise awareness that these nude kind of selfies...are never going to be 100 % safe??:confused:

not sure that you can ever make the internet 100% safe, i think you have to say
    to yourself, if you don,t want it out there, then don,t take the photo in the first place.

Saying that i do feel for them, its not nice, and i hope they catch the people responsible

good luck with the party, have you thought to do the mini bagels trick, different toppings easy a quick ;-) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

John James
    @uk_JohnJames_oz

Thanks Luke, nice to have some new pic's :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all

Just back from the gym. Feel so good - will tackle the floors.

Hope we will get more holiday snaps from John. I was wondering if he still kept in touch with Sean.

Phone ringing so must dash. . .

pleased the gym is working so well for you, have you
    noticed a improvement in you movement especially your ankles and feet :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pleased the gym is working so well for you, have you
    noticed a improvement in you movement especially your ankles and feet :D

Hi
    I am a bit depressed after reading of the last beheading. I cannot believe this happens in the 21st century.

Yes, thanks. I think the gym is doing some good - I still have pain all the time, but for some reason I can walk further. I wasn't able to walk to the bus stop and now I can - quite an achievement for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi
    I am a bit depressed after reading of the last beheading. I cannot believe this happens in the 21st century.

Yes, thanks. I think the gym is doing some good - I still have pain all the time, but for some reason I can walk further. I wasn't able to walk to the bus stop and now I can - quite an achievement for me.

The world can be such a brutal place at times cant it. the middle east has had so many issues for centuries, that there just isn't a simple solution for the politics of this area, but I think extremists of all persuasions at times, can be so dangerous. >:(>:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi

Its very sad, what a sick world we live in, just reading or watching the news at the
    moment is very depressing :(

well that is good news about the walking, as the joints loosen up with the
    exercise you might
    find the pain will ease also, well we can hope

better get on, the boys will want to know what there is to eat, and i haven't got a clue,
    might have to hand them the takeout menus :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    georgy you are a cook after my own heart, I love the idea of the take out menus..

wow im exhausted, but its been a good kind of day.

We are currently getting into the Breaking Bad series...its fascinating.........now I need to also find a few new books to read...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    georgy you are a cook after my own heart, I love the idea of the take out menus..

wow im exhausted, but its been a good kind of day.

We are currently getting into the Breaking Bad series...its fascinating.........now I need to also find a few new books to read...

I,m sure you are, beginning of term is always mad :D

Nyannie is always good for a book recommendation :D

well its a grey start here,
    don,t feel like doing the housework, but there is some cricket on, so i can perhaps do
    the ironing to that. If rained off, i might cheer myself up with some shopping (new shoes can always do that ) :D

hope all have a good day :D xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its very sad, what a sick world we live in, just reading or watching the news at the
    moment is very depressing :(

well that is good news about the walking, as the joints loosen up with the
    exercise you might
    find the pain will ease also, well we can hope

better get on, the boys will want to know what there is to eat, and i haven't got a clue,
    might have to hand them the takeout menus :D

Morning all.

You are lucky you have takeout menus - we only have curry restaurants that do deliveries. We have one every Friday night.

News still depressing!

We are having friends from Hong Kong over this weekend and what do you know - the dishwasher has packed up! Getting it repaired on Friday - I hope - and in the meantime I have my marigolds to hand. We don't have a plastic drainage rack for things so I seem to be washing up every 5 minutes.

Must go as I have lots to do - o/h is doing barbecue meat - I have to do everything else including the cleaning, clearing up and making dessert and salads. Thank goodness they aren't staying for lunch - just thinking about this makes me want a lie down. They don't like curry or else we'd have had one tonight!!!!!

Hopefully see you all tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie I hope you have a good weekend, isn't it always the way that machinery breaks down at the last minute.

So is anyone else ready to watch strictly this weekend?

We have mostly been car hunting this morning for my daughter, what a complicated business....which one to choose? they are all so similar in so many ways and all have different strengths and weaknesses. Its only going to be a small car and there are so many different offers around at the moment!!

chat later

luv m xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie I hope you have a good weekend, isn't it always the way that machinery breaks down at the last minute.

So is anyone else ready to watch strictly this weekend?

We have mostly been car hunting this morning for my daughter, what a complicated business....which one to choose? they are all so similar in so many ways and all have different strengths and weaknesses. Its only going to be a small car and there are so many different offers around at the moment!!

chat later

luv m xx

Afternoon all.

I am ready for Strictly but really hope Mark Wright - no talent imo - makes an early exit.

Well, things hopefully can't get worse. I have yet another cold or something so no gym tomorrow. Spent the morning in bed.

Our HK friend just left. We thought he would be going very early in the morning, but he just stayed. O/H didn't want him to stay with me not feeling well.

Seems like there have been quite a few protests in HK. Very interesting.

I am back to bed - see you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Beautiful day, laundry on.

Still not 100% so I am back to bed. Have a good day all.

O/H trying to get tickets to Invictus Games. Hope team GB do very well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hope you feel better soon nyannie.

I loved the preview show for Strictly ...all glitter and pretty frocks.......its total escapism isn't it. I suppose this is why we love shows like this and BB, they just get us away from the everyday routine!!

we now have new lights...in the kitchen....the saga is still continuing. Lena I think your kitchen renovations were similar to mine...how did you cope?

have a lovely day everyone xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Beautiful day, laundry on.

Still not 100% so I am back to bed. Have a good day all.

O/H trying to get tickets to Invictus Games. Hope team GB do very well!

Hope you feel better soon Nyannie,

and you get your dish washer fixed soon, what a nuisance :(

i,m also looking forward to strictly looks like a good line up, agree
    about Mark Wright :blush:

The Invictus games is that the one Prince Harry is a great supporter of,
    well hope you are lucky and manage to pick up some tickets, Will check this out :D

I,ve just managed to pick up two rugby tickets for SA v Eng yessss :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hope you feel better soon nyannie.

I loved the preview show for Strictly ...all glitter and pretty frocks.......its total escapism isn't it. I suppose this is why we love shows like this and BB, they just get us away from the everyday routine!!

we now have new lights...in the kitchen....the saga is still continuing. Lena I think your kitchen renovations were similar to mine...how did you cope?

have a lovely day everyone xx

Hope the car shopping went well, its so hard, have to say my son is delighted with his A1, but you're right so many to choose from :D

are you pleased with the lights, take deep breaths , you will get there in the end

i also love the dresses, we have a big dance school in our village, Darren and Lilia use to train there
    next door is the dance costume dress shop, always stop and have a look , so
    much sparkle lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well the sun is shining
    my garden looks lovely
    and i,m going out shopping because its my Dads Birthday this week

Have a great day all :D
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone :)

I am so sorry I have been AWOL for so long......life and all that :blush:

I've just had a quick skim through the thread, though as I've been away so long, I can't claim to have taken everything in. I did gather, though, that the usual suspects are still here and that everyone seems okay? Hope I'm right in that :)

So what have I been up to? Well, obviously looking after mum....this is difficult to explain without going into loads of detail but she is very frail and has been diagnosed with dementia, so her life needs micro-management, basically. Just a small example: she needs new clothes, so I need to order them. She has no idea what size she is, and can't look it up on a label in her current clothes as the concept of this is now completely beyond her.....so that goes on the long list of things for me to remember to do when I go over there. Not a good example, really, but it was the one that sprang to mind!! ;-)

I have recently arranged some care visits (once a day), but sadly mum regards these as intrusive and upsetting so it's not going as well as I'd hoped. I won't go on....it's only of interest really to those involved.

Other than that....I have more or less given up work (can't commit when I'm so often called out) and haven't been out much. You see why I haven't posted.....:o

I am still of course following the footie :D Pleased with Liverpool's progress and praying that Sterling isn't injured playing for England tonight. I have a Fantasy Football League team....we are doing terribly! :(

Am loving EastEnders lately (never thought I'd hear myself say that). Horses for courses, you see......

Thinking of you all :) Hope you're all well :)

Love, Lindy xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to see you back Lindy

You know the old adage a trouble shared is a trouble halved. I do know what you are going through, but you mustn't give up with the care. It is essential if you are to have time to yourself. My relative reacted exactly the same way, but we persevered.

I think dementia and MND is the cruelest disease imaginable - they take away dignity and self-respect. The person you knew and loved is no longer there - instead,there is the shell of the person you loved. You have to make difficult decisions which break your heart, but they must be made.

The only thing I can do is give you my support and understanding and tell you, from personal experience, that you MUST make time for yourself. Do not give up on the care - you must have it - we had to give the carers a key after a while and we had to admit defeat and find a suitable place for our relative. The admission that you cannot care for your relative hits you - and this admission never ever leaves you.

Although I am an Arsenal supporter, I am glad you are managing to follow the football.

Keep strong dear Lindy.