Justified Season 5

andy-iandy-i Posts: 354
Forum Member
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but a heads up for all the "Justified" fans out there (not many of us it seems)

This criminally underrated series is back with season 5 on October 1st on Sky OnDemand.

Channel 5 never really gave it a chance tucked away on 5USA but at least we'll see it and hopefully the final season 6 when it comes along.

For anyone who's never seen it and have Sky, it's worth giving the show a try. All 5 seasons will be available.

Comments

• VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hadn't picked up on this news yet - thanks for sharing! I've still to see S5.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,687
    Forum Member
    Well done Sky. They should do the same with Once Upon a Time.

Regards

Mark
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I'll have to pay an extra £5 a month for the HD and Box Sets content? That's a bit annoying. I might wait for the DVD.
  • Steve AWOLSteve AWOL Posts: 1,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got an email from NowTV which says that seasons 1-5 will be available on that service too

http://app.now.nowtv.com/e/es?s=1313915050&e=119445

which is good news as I still can find no sign of a DVD release for season 5 on Amazon UK...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without Elmore Leonard's active guidance I felt last season was a little lower in quality than the previous 3. I do hope they go out on a high with this season though.
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather frustrating for fans of the show who are with Virgin Media. But there you go. Hopefully there will at least be a DVD.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without Elmore Leonard's active guidance I felt last season was a little lower in quality than the previous 3. I do hope they go out on a high with this season though.

Mags Bennett was my favourite of Raylan's foes of the first 4 seasons, hope the writers can come up someone as memorable for the final season.
    Rather frustrating for fans of the show who are with Virgin Media. But there you go. Hopefully there will at least be a DVD.

I'm a cable TV customer too but decided to pick up a NowTV box from Argos, between all the box sets and Sky Atlantic I am just about getting my money' worth for the £5 monthly cost of the Entertainment Pass.
  • BigPatBigPat Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    Sam Elliott's in S6!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve AWOL wrote: »
    Mags Bennett was my favourite of Raylan's foes of the first 4 seasons, hope the writers can come up someone as memorable for the final season.

I'm a cable TV customer too but decided to pick up a NowTV box from Argos, between all the box sets and Sky Atlantic I am just about getting my money' worth for the £5 monthly cost of the Entertainment Pass.

Mags was terrifyingly composed. Poisoning the jar but not the booze... she was a smart criminal, just a shame she had some dumb help.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After Ch5 dropped Justified after 4 seasons (madness!) Season 5 is being made available from today 1st October via Sky Box Sets on demand service. With Season 6 being the final season of Justified i imagine Sky will have rights to that too.

Ch5 just seem to be dropping everything these days. They can't seem to hang onto anything that has critical acclaim. There's no loyalty. Well good luck to Gotham! :D
  • jette52jette52 Posts: 256
    Forum Member
    Mags was terrifyingly composed. Poisoning the jar but not the booze... she was a smart criminal, just a shame she had some dumb help.

the dumb help is what made the season so good.
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've wanted to watch this for a while & Sky have put a few eps from each season up at the moment.

Anyone know why I can only see eps 5 & 7 of season 1, nothing for S2 & S3, 9 & 10 of S4 etc? Is it just my box?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've wanted to watch this for a while & Sky have put a few eps from each season up at the moment.

Anyone know why I can only see eps 5 & 7 of season 1, nothing for S2 & S3, 9 & 10 of S4 etc? Is it just my box?

It only became available today, I’m sure the missing episodes will appear shortly. By the way, don’t judge it by the first half of season one, its starts very episodic (crime and villain of the week type stuff) but after that it has long continuous story arches. From season 2 onwards each season play out like a novel over 13 episodes, and its brilliant.

I’m still annoyed that season 5 is only available on demand, as I pay for all channels but not the ‘box sets’. They could have at least put it on late at night on Sky Atlantic, I’m sure it has enough of a following to justify them doing that. Maybe they only have the on demand rights or something. Hopefully the DVD will follow soon.
  • Purple OrchidPurple Orchid Posts: 959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that NoEntry2k, caught a bit late one night ages ago & was intrigued but knew I had to begin at the beginning :)

Will take your advice & stick with it...can't wait for them to get all the eps up asap now :)
  • Mr MessyMr Messy Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Still only episodes 7,8 and 11 of season 5 showing - as it was at lunchtime. WTF are they playing at :confused:
  • andy-iandy-i Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Mr Messy wrote: »
    Still only episodes 7,8 and 11 of season 5 showing - as it was at lunchtime. WTF are they playing at :confused:

And eps 2 and 5 on SD.

Very weird!!

Will have to keep an eye on the listings to see if they offer more episodes.
  • albundy73albundy73 Posts: 2,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There seems to be major problems with a lot of the box sets with only a few episodes of some series available. Considering the amount of promotion Sky gives its box sets its very poor service. Hope they have it fixed soon or they should offer us a refund on our subscription!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    albundy73 wrote: »
    There seems to be major problems with a lot of the box sets with only a few episodes of some series available. Considering the amount of promotion Sky gives its box sets its very poor service. Hope they have it fixed soon or they should offer us a refund on our subscription!

Yes, the Hawaii Five O box set section is suffering the same problem as Justified, just a random selection of epsiodes, despite the descrition saying complete seasons.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All episodes from seasons 1-5 are currently available on NowTV...

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Movies-Entertainment-blog/Coming-up-in-October/ba-p/257751

Hope you lot on Sky have it too...
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 29,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The box set of justified on sky has now disappeared. Don't know what is going on with sky lately. Having sound problems on some of my recordings as well.
  • thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a link to the DVD on Amazon, although it is also available on Ebay for about the same price

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Justified-Season-DVD-Region-Discs/dp/B00NUYKXDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412596097&sr=8-1&keywords=justified+season+5+dvd

Got two episodes left to watch, Boyd is as sinister as ever :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched the first episode of S5 last night and thought it was great fun as always, Dewey' reaction to the judge' ruling and the the Marco Polo scene were particularly entertaining :D

I was slightly surprised how much more gore and gratuitous nudity there was compared to the previous seasons of Justified though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see what you mean about the gore, especially blood spatter on Boyd's face. Not sure about the nudity though, as far as I can recall the only nudity was in the outdoor pool scene and I'm sure we have seen more than some (very) attractive bottoms and Dewey Crowe naked apart from cupped hands! before. There was a high body count in that episode though (8 I think)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see what you mean about the gore, especially blood spatter on Boyd's face. Not sure about the nudity though, as far as I can recall the only nudity was in the outdoor pool scene and I'm sure we have seen more than some (very) attractive bottoms and Dewey Crowe naked apart from cupped hands! before. There was a high body count in that episode though (8 I think)

Ah yes, there was Raylan' bondswoman ex in her birthday suit during the flashback at the start of season 4 now you mention it! Other than that all I can recall are some fleeting glimpses of Winona in earlier seasons tho...

I watched episode 4 last night and the social worker has already shown her cheeky side plus the body count was all too apparent at the end!

At least there was plenty of comic relief from Dewey' bungling forest escapades, Ava' stormtrooper retort and I can only imagine what Scrabble words the verbose Boyd came up with!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm, I'm sure there have been scenes in the past set in Audrey's where nudity was involved......

Anyway, now finished the series, good on the whole and set up nicely for the sixth and final series.