is amazing

i hope she comes 2nd Kara to win

Comments

• Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope it's a Kara/Matt final.

Does Pamela not realise that it's quite possible to say "Thank you" without elongating her tongue.

As a child sticking one's tongue resulted in punishment.
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Hope it's a Kara/Matt final.

Does she not realise that it's quite possible to say "Thank you" without elongating her tongue.

As a child sticking one's tongue resulted in punishment.

no offence to Matt I just haven't connected with his dancing this year
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no offence to Matt I just haven't connected with his dancing this year

Fair enough - it's what makes the final exciting.:)
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    I think Pam has toned down her OTT reactions recently.

I'd love Pamela to win, but I don't think that's remotely possible. I think she will come third, but I'm just happy that she has survived the semi-final. I'm pleased for James too.

Matt generally has good technique, but his performance level is poor and he never seems to connect with the dance. I think Pamela manages to connect with her dances in a way that the other 2 don't; Kara is too technically perfect and Matt just isn't capable of doing it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    I think Pam has toned down her OTT reactions recently.

I'd love Pamela to win, but I don't think that's remotely possible. I think she will come third, but I'm just happy that she has survived the semi-final. I'm pleased for James too.

Matt generally has good technique, but his performance level is poor and he never seems to connect with the dance. I think Pamela manages to connect with her dances in a way that the other 2 don't; Kara is too technically perfect and Matt just isn't capable of doing it.

Me too, that's why she has always been my second favourite. I disagree about Matt I think emotionally he connects fine. Kara has just started to connect with me.
  • Options
    Moany LizaMoany Liza Posts: 22,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pamela to win!! :D
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kara has "connected" superbly, apart from the opening few weeks ?
    Pamela connects after a fashion, but it always appears a little "hammy" to me.
    Matt has been "in and out"..Aliona's choreography hasn't helped. It often hasn't been conventional, so not so easy for a non-actor.
    It's all a matter of taste anyway, I used to hate the "dancing face" that appeared to be a prerequisite on the old "Come Dancing". :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Kara has "connected" superbly, apart from the opening few weeks ?
    Pamela connects after a fashion, but it always appears a little "hammy" to me.
    Matt has been "in and out"..Aliona's choreography hasn't helped. It often hasn't been conventional, so not so easy for a non-actor.
    It's all a matter of taste anyway, I used to hate the "dancing face" that appeared to be a prerequisite on the old "Come Dancing". :)

It is totally a matter of taste and the same applies to the professional couples. I am not keen on watching Anton and Erin, even though they are a class act and I love Erin.

I think Brendan connects with almost all is partners.

James and Ola leave me cold.

Loved Ian and Camilla. Ditto Matthew when with Aliona.

Different strokes and all that.
  • Options
    water_carrierwater_carrier Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore Pamela. I think she is great and an inspiration for women. I love watching her dance, she's a complete showman and connects with the audience. It's so surprising for me because I cannot stand James Jordan but this partnership works.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely adore Pamela. I think she is great and an inspiration for women. I love watching her dance, she's a complete showman and connects with the audience. It's so surprising for me because I cannot stand James Jordan but this partnership works.

Me too. She's a good number of years older than me but I am constantly astonished at how well she dances. She seems to be having a ball - just like the other contestants all have been, too.

James seems to have gotten the best out of her and her capacity to laugh at herself is very endearing.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I honesly dont mean to be rude but I do wish people would not generalise on my behalf. Pamela may be an inspiration to you and to people you know , but she is not an inspiration to this woman here .
    I could not be less inspired by her ,I find her gushing, OTT and false , and her persistent gooing at James puts me right off .
    I dont enjoy her clumpy heavy dancing either .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moany Liza wrote: »
    Pamela to win!! :D

I would love her to win, but I just don't think that is possible. All respect to her though for doing so well. Her commitment and work ethic have been second to none.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honesly dont mean to be rude but I do wish people would not generalise on my behalf. Pamela may be an inspiration to you and to people you know , but she is not an inspiration to this woman here .
    I could not be less inspired by her ,I find her gushing, OTT and false , and her persistent gooing at James puts me right off .

I don't see what you perceive in Pamela but fair enough that's your opinion. I think she has been very inspiring and I enjoy watching her dance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Any one of the contestants can be an inspiration to the viewing public if the public relate to them in some way. No-one can force you to be inspired by her but we can be if we choose to. :)

I am.
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not anti-Pamela; I'm just pro Matt & Kara :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love her to win, but I just don't think that is possible. All respect to her though for doing so well. Her commitment and work ethic have been second to none.

Any of the final three would be worthy winners, I'm sure. I'm rooting for Pamela but as much as anything it's because of some of the really nasty and unnecessary remarks made on this forum.

Each of the remaining dancers brings something unique to the competition. Kara brings elegance, beauty and romance in her dances, Pamela shows vivacity, energy and total enjoyment in what she's doing and Matt brings a dimension of acrobaticism (is that a word? :o) as well as being able to get convincingly into character for the differing dances.

I'm not sure why people get their kicks out of being nasty about the contestants who are not their own favourite - and I just won't do it.
  • Options
    MuggsyMuggsy Posts: 19,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any one of the contestants can be an inspiration to the viewing public if the public relate to them in some way. No-one can force you to be inspired by her but we can be if we choose to. :)

I am.

If that inspiration extends to sharing your sexual fantasies regarding either your own or others' married life, I can only urge you to resist it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not anti-Pamela; I'm just pro Matt & Kara :p

Don't think you've made any unnecessary comments at all Miss M!!!

I am pro Matt, don't mind if Kara wins, loathe some of the bile directed to Pamela. I really think she deserves her place (likely to be third) in the final. If she should win, fair play.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muggsy wrote: »
    If that inspiration extends to sharing your sexual fantasies regarding either your own or others' married life, I can only urge you to resist it.

It doesn't as it happens but sex therapy and comedy are her areas of professional expertise. Would you expect her instead to discuss quantum physics or basket-weaving?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any of the final three would be worthy winners, I'm sure. I'm rooting for Pamela but as much as anything it's because of some of the really nasty and unnecessary remarks made on this forum.

Each of the remaining dancers brings something unique to the competition. Kara brings elegance, beauty and romance in her dances, Pamela shows vivacity, energy and total enjoyment in what she's doing and Matt brings a dimension of acrobaticism (is that a word? :o) as well as being able to get convincingly into character for the differing dances.

I'm not sure why people get their kicks out of being nasty about the contestants who are not their own favourite - and I just won't do it.

I have to agree. We finally have a final where all remaining contestants are excellent and each couple brings something very different to the dance floor. For me there are no weak links they are all very good and I think it will be a very close final. I would love Pamela to win but would not be upset if either Kara or Matt won.
  • Options
    PawsaPawsa Posts: 459
    Forum Member

Great post, totally agree!
  • Options
    miss_minervoismiss_minervois Posts: 2,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

<snip>.

Didn't you know, if you aren't supporting their dancer, you're wrong and you simply don't know what you're talking about.
    Now behave yourself :mad:

:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am.

Absolutely , I agree , I dont doubt that at all .What I am saying is that post said " an inspiration to women " and I was explaining not to generalise and presume its for all of us ,
    We all percieve things differently and I am convinced that much of it is to do with who we associate people with . I associate Pamela with the nuns who made my life a misery !! LOL .All smiles and sweetness and behind it all hard and mean !
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely , I agree , I dont doubt that at all .What I am saying is that post said " an inspiration to women " and I was explaining not to generalise and presume its for all of us

Be fair, she didnt say all women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Be fair, she didnt say all women.

Fair point too . I am not aguing the point that Pamela is anyones inspiration only making my point that she sure aint mine .