HO does anyone else miss the comedy

hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
Forum Member
✭✭✭
when it had fun, light hearted moments in it?? Its lost that, amongst everything else:(

Comments

• grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it needs a bit more light hearted momments and sls but I don't think it's lost it completely and is occasionally still does have those momments also there are still quite a few characters who are very funny like nana McQueen and Dennis who are both very funny.
  • hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it needs a bit more light hearted momments and sls but I don't think it's lost it completely and is occasionally still does have those momments also there are still quite a few characters who are very funny like nana McQueen and Dennis who are both very funny.

thier not funny though, thier just stupid, I mean dry wit humour like sarcasm, and one liners.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,643
    Forum Member
    hetty100 wrote: »
    thier not funny though, thier just stupid, I mean dry wit humour like sarcasm, and one liners.
    Yes, I can't remember the last time I laughed at Hollyoaks - probably when Brendan was still in it, and there was precious little to laugh about in his final weeks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Yes, I can't remember the last time I laughed at Hollyoaks - probably when Brendan was still in it, and there was precious little to laugh about in his final weeks.

Brendan had some of the best lines:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nana mcqueen, dennis, blessing, darren? I think they're quite funny
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Darrens not been funny for about 2 years.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Add Nancy, Maxine, Carmel, Ste & Frankie to that list also.

It's very subjective - personally I find Nana Mcqueen and Dennis funny - but I don't find Blessing & Darren funny - so it depends what you like.

Nancy and Carmel are good with dry humour and one-liners.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Yes. Only Nana puts a smile on my face now. Dennis is barely on screen anymore.
    Forum Member
    Not since he got with Nancy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Darren was quite funny on Friday's E4 episode along with Nana Mcqueen and I was laughing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darren was quite funny on Friday's E4 episode along with Nana Mcqueen and I was laughing.

didnt see it.
    Forum Member
    Brendan had some of the best lines:D
    The best lines and the best delivery. And most of the funniest bits were improvised.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    didnt see it.

I just thought on Friday that there were quite good lines though everyoone doesn't have the same sense of humour.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do; the last time I laughed was at JIm's funeral when the words ended up being from a song.
    "Until our John Paul said it was the theme from Titanic." Carmel has great comic timing and Dennis has his moments in small doses.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was definitely more comedy back in the days of 2011. Not as much now, but I don't think the village is the place for comedy right now. I hate it when they try to make a comedic aspect out of serious storylines as it takes away from the effect, so I'm glad they're not trying to do that.

Darren has still been quite funny with his sarcastic lines and impersonating voices. I'd love a Darren in my life.

There are plenty of other characters who also do comedy well: Nancy, Carmel, Mercedes, Nana, Dirk, Frankie, and to an extent, Dennis (I know he's popular as a comedic character, but I find him grating sometimes).

Theresa was also pretty good with her quips until she left.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss Jaqui
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

His funny voices are funny
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the exchanges between Jim and Carmel were hilarious and Carmel has always had something humorous about her.
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've found Blessing quite funny so far. I think there are still some good one liners. Some of the stuff between Carmel and Jim was hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    lulu g wrote: »
    The best lines and the best delivery. And most of the funniest bits were improvised.

He had great lines and delivery but it's impossible to know which bits he improvised and how much was the writers, short of him doing an interview after every episode.
  • fenpeperfenpeper Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Thought Ste and Nana were funny last night prior to the JP visit. There isn't much humour now though, too bleak - hate it. x
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's why I miss Max and OB. They had some serious storylines yet they were still quite funny and light hearted characters and generally nice blokes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He had great lines and delivery but it's impossible to know which bits he improvised and how much was the writers, short of him doing an interview after every episode.

Exactly.
  • ameredithameredith Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's your opinion. I still laugh at Darren
  • David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Love Nana McQueen, I have laughed so many times at her.

The other week when she was talking about Browning's son and she was saying to Mercedes "Oooh, if only I were 5 year younger" I thought it was hilarious like she'd make a play for an 18 year old if she was just 5 years younger.

And when Vincient was in court and the woman asked George something like "Have you ever actually had sexual intercourse" and she called her some name with the word knickers in it like "As if you're Miss no action knickers" I wish I could remember it as I was laughing for ages at it.

Also when she and Carmel were singing to John Paul to cheer him up when he was lying in bed. Carmel is quite funny too. And Jim was amusing.