Options

Male celebs who dont like football

Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Most obvious for me being a fan of Motorhead is Lemmy, who told an interviewer when asked about Euro 96 to f!23 off and change the subject, but other well known famous non fans are Neil Tennant, Terry Wogan, David Tennant, Tom Baker, Brian May and Steve Wright. Anyone know of any other male celeb who are well known for not liking the sport?

Comments

• Options
    Ted_LeeTed_Lee Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    Alan Carr the chatty man? ;)

For the record I hate football - I think only 5 % of men like football. The rest just pretend to care about it for the sake of keeping a conversation. O
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted_Lee wrote: »

Wasn't his dad a footballer or something?
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Hislop often makes jokes on HIGNFY about his lack of interest in the game.
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Hardy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted_Lee wrote: »

For the record I hate football - I think only 5 % of men like football. The rest just pretend to care about it for the sake of keeping a conversation. O

I can't stand it either and I'd say about half the people I know don't like it. However, it's interesting the celebs who like it often speak about it, but it's not as common to hear a celeb expressing a dislike.
    Another candidate was Kenny Everett, born in the cathedral of football, Liverpool. Obviously being useless at games( the gay thing doesn't always mean you dislike football, see Elton John), and being more interested in radio and music, football repulsed him from an early age. Maybe coming from Liverpool, it was an act of rebellion as well. I did hear as well, another very famous scouser, John Lennon, had no interest in the sport
  • Options
    TootlesTheTaxiTootlesTheTaxi Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    David Mitchell and Jimmy Carr.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thinking, Robert Plant is a big fan, but Jimmy Page has no interest in the sport. Also in the world of metal, Ian Gillan supports QPR, but Richie Blackmore doesn't like the game.
    It does seem indie stars, probably as a lot come from Manchester, where football is very big, seem more into football than those in the metal scene as apart from Plant and Gillan, most others show no interest in it.