Happy Days on Gold from 7/7/14, from the beginning

mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Gold is showing Happy Days from the beginning, signed as 16 episodes (which seems strange), 2 eps a day from 2-3 pm, but not in the right order strangely :confused::confused:

Can it really be 40 years ago (eek)

Comments

• davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaeeeyyy! This is Exactamundo what we want.

Step into my Office and we'll discuss it. Cool.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news! Thanks for letting us know.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely worth repeating.

I wouldn't mind a 1953 Seeburg model G jukebox as shown in the first few series, they command very high prices now.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Season 1 of Happy Days only had 16 episodes. Very rare to see it from the start though. Wonder if they are going to show all 11 seasons?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Looks like Gold are starting to invest in old American sitcoms after they picked up I Dream of Jeannie and Bewitched. I wouldn't be surprised if this has come from Scripps' involvement with UKTV, but I hope it doesn't turn Gold into another Comedy Central.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it's a nostalgic showing of a 70s sitcom, that itself was a nostalgic look at 50s America. That is going to be confusing
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did we ever get a full run of that & Laverne & Shirley at any point?

You look at a episode guide online & think ' I don't recall that episode. '!
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they can't show them in order?
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The best bit for me was the Theme Tune.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just hope they show the rest of Bewitched- was gutted when they went back to the start after season 2 last week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    Gold is showing Happy Days from the beginning, signed as 16 episodes (which seems strange), 2 eps a day from 2-3 pm, but not in the right order strangely :confused::confused:

So basically its just the first series thats already out on DVD.

Still Gold is weird with Jeannie/Bewitched they are repeating the same episodes even when they went to series 3 they went back to the first why?
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I wonder why they can't show them in order?

I know! After getting all excited at this being shown, I'm recording them and playing them back in order.

I hope they see it through all episodes! and not just the first couple of series.
  • mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically its just the first series thats already out on DVD.

Still Gold is weird with Jeannie/Bewitched they are repeating the same episodes even when they went to series 3 they went back to the first why?

Apparently Gold must have only bought the rights to the first two series of Bewitched (the black and white series which have been colorised). They seem to have bought the rights to 3 series of Jeannie, as they have gone back to series 1 episode 1 from today.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    Why spend money on a new acquirement, then screen it out of order, and doubled up so it'll be finished almost as fast as it's started!

Schedulers should screen one a week (with repeats) & not offer it all at once!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why have they bought the same series that is out on DVD?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Gold must have only bought the rights to the first two series of Bewitched (the black and white series which have been colorised). They seem to have bought the rights to 3 series of Jeannie, as they have gone back to series 1 episode 1 from today.

The problem I have with series 1 is half way through the series they change the intro. Why not just do a new intro from series 2?
  • CentaurionCentaurion Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More of a kid's sitcom, not really funny at all, each episode had a twee morality tale built into the plot, no-one got pregnant, took drugs or self harmed .

Only really perked up when Suzi Quatro in a figure hugging leather catsuit inflamed the loins of the male population

http://styleinspades.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/suziquatrodm_468x586.jpg

The actress who played the mother passed away a week or two back.
  • ClarkF1ClarkF1 Posts: 6,587
    Forum Member
    Can't get Gold.

Say Days :(

Still I can always watch American Graffiti which has Ron Howard in it :D
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved Happy Days when it was shown years ago.
    I watched it when it started on Gold and it was embarassing !
    Especially Tom Bosley.
    It was weird seeing Fonzie without his leather jacket !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long before they show the epiosde where Fonzie Jumps The Shark and gave TV an unfortunate milestone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ZGKI8vpcg
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why have they bought the same series that is out on DVD?

Guess someone at Gold went out and bought the DVD which is why they are just playing those episodes lol
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I emailed UK TV as regards them showing the episodes out of order and this is the response I got:
    Thank you for your email.

In regards to your enquiry we are sorry for this schedule and we would like to assure you that we are currently investigating this, and that we are not simply showing them in the incorrect order deliberately.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Kind regards

The UKTV Team
  • solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Centaurion wrote: »
    More of a kid's sitcom, not really funny at all, each episode had a twee morality tale built into the plot, no-one got pregnant, took drugs or self harmed .

Only really perked up when Suzi Quatro in a figure hugging leather catsuit inflamed the loins of the male population

http://styleinspades.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/suziquatrodm_468x586.jpg

The actress who played the mother passed away a week or two back.

Are you sure? Wiki doesn't say she died.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    solenoid wrote: »
    Are you sure? Wiki doesn't say she died.

And this site says she is still with us.

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/rnames-nf/Ross+Marion
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marion Ross is definitely still with us, in fact she has just finished her latest film called "A Reason"