Have I got this right?

HazzaGrazzaHazzaGrazza Posts: 2,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The housemates let rip on Marlon because he took advantage of the the last "app" on offer and consequently lost the shopping task by reducing the battery to 0%?

I don't understand? Just before they showed Mark using 20% of the battery for a spray tan?!

Comments

• fischfisch Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    It made no difference how much power was left the minute marlon pressed the button the meter when to zero whether it was on 99 or 1 percent
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    The housemates let rip on Marlon because he took advantage of the the last "app" on offer and consequently lost the shopping task by reducing the battery to 0%?

I don't understand? Just before they showed Mark using 20% of the battery for a spray tan?!

I know....it's almost as if the other HM's were showing slight signs of double standards. :o
  • Kezia7Kezia7 Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know....it's almost as if the other HM's were showing slight signs of double standards. :o

But the other HM's had given up some of their personal items to increase the battery power as well as using some of it.
  • Captain KipperCaptain Kipper Posts: 9,913
    Forum Member
    Kezia7 wrote: »
    But the other HM's had given up some of their personal items to increase the battery power as well as using some of it.

But surely having Marlon in the house with them for another week will make up for that. ;)

I agree with you tho, Marlon was selfish, but some of the other HM's were still totally over reacting to him.

Marlon will pay the toll for his stupidity next week. :D
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    Every single one of them could have had a treat, it didnt matter even if there was only 1 percent left, the push the button task was that they all had to resist pushing it to get the luxury food, so Marks tan or any other treat did not affect the outcome
  • SuesSues Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Ashleigh had done was Christopher wanted her to do, she would have pressed the button. They were only upset because it was Marlon and he didn't give them enough time to persuade Ashleigh to press the button before he did it.
  • HazzaGrazzaHazzaGrazza Posts: 2,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fisch wrote: »
    It made no difference how much power was left the minute marlon pressed the button the meter when to zero whether it was on 99 or 1 percent

I understand that, however Mark, Winston and all the other hm that run down the battery did not know the rules of the last app and did not know that it all relied on the result of that. They gladly ran down the battery without knowing that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    rolergirl wrote: »
    Every single one of them could have had a treat, it didnt matter even if there was only 1 percent left, the push the button task was that they all had to resist pushing it to get the luxury food, so Marks tan or any other treat did not affect the outcome

All the housemates including Marlon understand this, that is why it never brought up in the arguments even by Marlon. What other people used it on had zero effect.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fisch wrote: »

We don't actually know that, as it was the last app on offer. It may have been worth any amount over 15% let's say for example it was worth 20% of battery power, had Mark not taken the spray tan they would have had 5% left.

All bb said was for this app it would drain all of what was left, the did NOT say it would drain the whole battery regardless of whether anyone took an app or not.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    I understand that, however Mark, Winston and all the other hm that run down the battery did not know the rules of the last app and did not know that it all relied on the result of that. They gladly ran down the battery without knowing that.

They understood exactly what had to be done. Use the app all you want, but do not drain it all the way and when given a chance fill it back up with items. Simple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rolergirl wrote: »

Again we don't know that's true. You have interpreted "it will drain the remaining power" to mean, even if there was 100% it would use all the power, it could also mean this app is worth more than the 15% left, which meant if less people had been greedy one person could have got the gift of immunity, which should surely be seen as more valuable than knowing what "all the hot ladies think of da Winstmeister"
  • What a shamblesWhat a shambles Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Except Mark and Jale.

Tea leaves and spirit guides would have kept them in the loop - Jale even called it:

"I knew it!"
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone fill me in please? The app task, what did Marlon get, I know Winsten & Christopher got to ask a social media question, Jale, Kim & Helen got to see people gossip about them, Mark got beauty treatment, Danielle got to see her dog, Steven & Ashliegh got messages from home, but what did Ash, Marlon and Chris get?
  • rolergirlrolergirl Posts: 5,205
    Forum Member
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Can someone fill me in please? The app task, what did Marlon get, I know Winsten & Christopher got to ask a social media question, Jale, Kim & Helen got to see people gossip about them, Mark got beauty treatment, Danielle got to see her dog, Steven & Ashliegh got messages from home, but what did Ash, Marlon and Chris get?

Marlon and ash got to watch body language expert judi James and Chris declined a treat
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Again we don't know that's true. You have interpreted "it will drain the remaining power" to mean, even if there was 100% it would use all the power, it could also mean this app is worth more than the 15% left, which meant if less people had been greedy one person could have got the gift of immunity, which should surely be seen as more valuable than knowing what "all the hot ladies think of da Winstmeister"

If 100% was left then "all the remaining power" would have been 100%.

If there was going to be some left then pressing it wouldn't have mattered to the group as a whole and there wouldn't have been the tension that BB wanted.
  • japarajapara Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »

I absolutely agree with this, by the time they got to the immunity button there was only 15% left that is why BB said it would drain the battery as most of the treats were worth 15 or 20 %.
    Although knowing BB even if there was 80% left they would have made up something so that it caused conflict at the end, but the earlier housemates didn't know what the end would be and acted just as selfishly for more trivial reasons.
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Kezia7 wrote: »

Didn't Marlon himself give something his hat I believe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marlon is not going anywhere. There are enough "ugly girls" out there that want to see him with his hand in his pants.

He is in it for the long haul...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    japara wrote: »
    I absolutely agree with this, by the time they got to the immunity button there was only 15% left that is why BB said it would drain the battery as most of the treats were worth 15 or 20 %.
    Although knowing BB even if there was 80% left they would have made up something so that it caused conflict at the end, but the earlier housemates didn't know what the end would be and acted just as selfishly for more trivial reasons.

Immunity could have been worth whatever bb decided and I'm sure no matter what happened they'd have made sure it drained the batt. But the point still remains that the price if that app wasn't necessarily "all the remaining power" the price of that app might have been 16%.

We don't know, people have made an interpretation and decided it's true. The HMs don't know either, they were all happy to be selfish themselves.
  • ccosmicloveccosmiclove Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But didn't the rule state that there had to be AN AMOUNT of the battery left, no matter how much and they'll pass?