Options

Xbox One is miles ahead with games to the PS4

Comments

• Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Rising 3 is amazing. The second one was on PS3 but the new one is XB1 exclusive.

You never mentioned DR3 initially. I found it a total disappointment, graphically it was a lot less impressive than I expected. Gave up on it eventually. DR 1 & 2 were better IMHO.
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    No doubt jokerz will be along soon to correct this statement :p

Don't need to ;)
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dead Rising 3 is the only Xbox One exclusive I give a damn about so far. Looks like a hoot, even though I hated the first one. Not quite enough to justify buying the console for though.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dead Rising 3 is the only Xbox One exclusive I give a damn about so far. Looks like a hoot, even though I hated the first one. Not quite enough to justify buying the console for though.

First and second were better. DR3 doesn't add much. I was so disappointed in it.
  • Options
    2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Although I'm not suprised it's 2D though since your heaping praise on Xbox!

God it never stops does it.. :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    First and second were better. DR3 doesn't add much. I was so disappointed in it.

I found it to be the best in the series by a long way, though I always found DR1/2 to be a bit of a slog.and not very gamer-friendly. I would say DR3 is a truly brilliant game that not many other Xbox One titles (exclusive or otherwise) have managed to match at this point.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member

Not an exclusive any more. Enchanced version coming to PC soon. Same with Ryse.

I'm pretty impartial about consoles being part of the PC master race, but from what i can see the PS4 is whooping the xbone this generation. (360 clearly did better last gen).

I think i might get my son a Wii U for xmas. PC and Wii-U combo - 99% of games covered.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm getting the Amiga 500 it will blow the socks of the ps4 and xb1 combined ;)
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »

No the Atari 2600 with built in Pong will do that ;) The graphics will be out of this world.
  • Options
    Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Amiga 1200 with it's 90MB hard drive will beat the pair of you!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screw it. I'll dig out my old 48k Spectrum and code my own game. That's what you call an exclusive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Screw it. I'll dig out my old 48k Spectrum and code my own game. That's what you call an exclusive.

I will pay you £1 for exclusive rights to it, or do I mean timed? Who knows :p;-)
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well not really exclusive if you wrote the game. Some sort of temporary amnesia would be needed. :D
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    I will pay you £1 for exclusive rights to it, or do I mean timed? Who knows :p;-)

Well aren't you been very mysterious !

The gaming community will love you for it !
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vast_Girth wrote: »
    Not an exclusive any more. Enchanced version coming to PC soon. Same with Ryse.

I'm pretty impartial about consoles being part of the PC master race, but from what i can see the PS4 is whooping the xbone this generation. (360 clearly did better last gen).

I think i might get my son a Wii U for xmas. PC and Wii-U combo - 99% of games covered.

360 did better in what way?

As far as I'm aware the PS3 has more worldwide sales than the 360 and the games are a personal choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well not really exclusive if you wrote the game. Some sort of temporary amnesia would be needed. :D

At my age that's not a problem. :p
  • Options
    whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it to be the best in the series by a long way, though I always found DR1/2 to be a bit of a slog.and not very gamer-friendly. I would say DR3 is a truly brilliant game that not many other Xbox One titles (exclusive or otherwise) have managed to match at this point.

Its fun, but i was seriously let down by the graphics considering its meant to be a system seller.

Gameplay wise though its fun though the last mission is a nightmare, i've given in.
  • Options
    Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Mythica wrote: »
    360 did better in what way?

As far as I'm aware the PS3 has more worldwide sales than the 360 and the games are a personal choice.

It only recently overtook the 360. The 360 is generally considered to have the better game selection and online service, and most cross platform titles ran better on it.

It was a much closer race certainly and the ps3 certain pretty much caught up at the end.

So far this time the ps4 isway ahead. Perhaps the bone can catch up? I think not though....
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    It only recently overtook the 360. Its generally considered to have the better game selection and online service, and most cross platform titles ran better on the 360.

It was a much closer race certainly and the ps3 certain pretty much caught up at the end.

So far this time the ps4 isway ahead. Perhaps the bone can catch up? I think not though....

Ah it's only early days. We're not even a year into this 7/8 year race.

At this point last generation, the ps3 wasn't even released so it would have been easy to assume that it could never catch up.

Who knows what could happen this generation.

If Sega announce Dreamcast 2, then it's all over for Sony and MS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its fun, but i was seriously let down by the graphics considering its meant to be a system seller.

Gameplay wise though its fun though the last mission is a nightmare, i've given in.

Graphics aren't everything. It's the number of zombies on screen at any one time that is amazing! When I first started playing the game a few times I actually stopped running around just to look at how many were on screen, it's amazing.
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    The 360 is generally considered to have the better game selection and online service, and most cross platform titles ran better on it.
    It depends, Myself & pretty much everyone I know consider the PS3 to have by far the better game selection & thats why I ended up with way more games on my PS3 compared to my 360.

In terms of online, When I 1st got my PS3 in 2008 I regularly spoke about how I felt XBL was the better service, Yet over time I think PSN caught up. In terms of matchmaking & the overall quality of the online play I think PSN is every bit as good as XBL now on both PS3 & PS4.

For the cross-platform stuff, Again early on in its life the cross-platform stuff did tend to be better on the 360 but over time as developers figured out the PS3 hardware there was pretty good parity between the 2 platforms.
  • Options
    MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It only recently overtook the 360. The 360 is generally considered to have the better game selection and online service, and most cross platform titles ran better on it.

You said it clearly did better. It clearly didn't. It was outsold by a much more expensive console and one that arrived later in Europe. Game wise, who has said the 360 was considered to have the better games selection?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »

In some ways yeah! ;) I love the Amiga.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mythica wrote: »
    Game wise, who has said the 360 was considered to have the better games selection?

There are plenty of people that feel the 360 is the better console, what is the problem with that? I'm one of them and I think the 360 not only had the better multiplats but also exclusives. It's not an objective or definite thing no matter how you look at it. Sales figures is different but when it comes to games all we have are people's opinions.