what are ghosts made off ? and other questions people dont ask

BluescopeBluescope Posts: 3,432
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We often see questions raises on issues that we cannot explain, Do ghosts exist ? Is their life on other planets ? etc What I find interesting is looking at the problem from a different viewpoint.

Take for example is their a god ? If you believe in god it does raises a number of questions well actually millions. A classic one is if the bible is correct how can you explain dinosaurs ?

I know people believe in ghosts. Okay assuming that is true and people can see them. then what on earth are they made off. I mean their just is no substance I can think of that ghosts can be made off to explain how they can see them on minute as a clear human form and then disappear the next ? Sure they must be proof they dont exist ?

Another one is why are UFO's nearly all seen as being a circle ? If you look at nature for even our own efforts at flying circles are not very common. If technology was really that advanced you think they would have worked out circles dont make great flying objects.

Also what is with the lights on them. Why would they need lights on them ?. If they have not made contact you would assume they dont want us to know they exist. So why the heck would they be flying around with the lights on ?

I was wondering if anyone else has these odd questions just pop into their head at times. Also if you have a question which looks at things from a odd angle i would like to hear about it

Comments

• lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    Ghosts are made of wild imaginations and drugs.....

UFOs are any shape *but* circular......otherwise, they'd be flying objects *identified* as flying saucers!
  • AllyourKittyAllyourKitty Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the fact that they are visible (or so people claim) mean that ghosts would have to be composed of matter, only matter interacts with photons (light). Without external or internal energy input this would mean ghosts if they were real (their not) would most likely need to be composed of either gas, liquid or solid and each of these presents it's own problems.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frisbees aren't bad at flying, the trick is that they're spinning. Maybe the UFOs are too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bluescope wrote: »

Another one is why are UFO's nearly all seen as being a circle ? If you look at nature for even our own efforts at flying circles are not very common. If technology was really that advanced you think they would have worked out circles dont make great flying objects.
    They don't have to be aerodynamic if there's no atmosphere to cause drag.

The lights may have something to do with their method of propulsion.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't ghosts made of ectoplasm?

Not a clue what that is actually made of mind.
  • idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Why does it burn when you let a burp out down your nose?
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    idlewilde wrote: »
    Why does it burn when you let a burp out down your nose?

Because you're a dragon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people like the smell of their own farts? :o
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe in ghosts but I think I might have seen one :blush: or maybe two:D. I say that as I could not explain what had happened and one was only about 2 months ago.

Life on other planets I do believe in, I don't think we are alone at all, it is too vast for us to make that judgement YET. They put their lights on in dark areas, if they flew over cities everyone would see them, sneaky gits!

My odd question. Why is there are there so many wars in our world? Bizarre question I know.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    Why do people like the smell of their own farts? :o

Speak for yourself you dirty git, hold your own duvet over your head and sniff :D
  • Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't looking at a picture of the sun hurt your eyes?

If someone with a split personality threatens to commit suicide, is it a hostage situation?
  • Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't anything dead smell a bit off?
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why doesn't looking at a picture of the sun hurt your eyes?

Because it's not emitting any light? :confused:
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Funny thing is, UFOs were mostly seen as "saucers" years ago, back when sci-fi movies depicted them as saucers.

And then, after 10 years of The X-Files featuring triangular UFO's, everybody started seeing triangular UFO's.

Weird that, innit? :confused:
  • The MartianThe Martian Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember seeing a dead baby ghost laying in the street one night, or maybe it was just a handkerchief.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=The Martian;74506546]I remember seeing a dead baby ghost laying in the street one night, or maybe it was just a handkerchief.[/QUOTE]

Strange name Mr Martian :o
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    Alien spacecraft being circular actually makes perfect sense.

Look at how easily a frisbee flies compared to model aeroplanes. ;-)
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Human perception.
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    Alien spacecraft being circular actually makes perfect sense.

Look at how easily a frisbee flies compared to model aeroplanes. ;-)

And yet... aeroplanes are shaped like, erm, model aeroplanes rather than like frizbees?

Seems like the designers at places like Lockheed, Boeing and BAE have been asleep at the wheel there. :p
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aliens always have those large heads and almond-shaped eyes - fact.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    no
    yes
    not in the sense humans understand
    it isn't
    can't prove non-existence
    influenced by previous media
    no UFOs, no lights
    see above

:)
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aren't ghosts made of ectoplasm?

That's something physical produced by mediums. Or not.

The haunty-type ghosts are more ephemeral.
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still laugh at the Ghosthunting with the Happy Mondays episode all those years ago.
    Bez-'there's goings on going on'.Best laugh in ages.
  • Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    I don't believe in ghosts but I think I might have seen one :blush: or maybe two:D. I say that as I could not explain what had happened and one was only about 2 months ago.

Life on other planets I do believe in, I don't think we are alone at all, it is too vast for us to make that judgement YET. They put their lights on in dark areas, if they flew over cities everyone would see them, sneaky gits!

My odd question. Why is there are there so many wars in our world? Bizarre question I know.;-)

Natural result of power struggles and some people will always want to be leaders and attain power and some of them (maybe most, hell maybe even all) will lose their pacifism on the way up the power ladder.

Also because it's now an industry. It might even be a vote winner at times (although it can go horribly wrong like Blair over Iraq). How cynical is that? I think that's how things work though. Money, power and future resources. No good guys and everyone bad.

My odd questions - If the universe is expanding then what is it expanding into? Will it reach a point and then start contracting?
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natural result of power struggles and some people will always want to be leaders and attain power and some of them (maybe most, hell maybe even all) will lose their pacifism on the way up the power ladder.

Also because it's now an industry. It might even be a vote winner at times (although it can go horribly wrong like Blair over Iraq). How cynical is that? I think that's how things work though. Money, power and future resources. No good guys and everyone bad.

My odd questions - If the universe is expanding then what is it expanding into? Will it reach a point and then start contracting?

Will it just expand and expand and then POP like a balloon?