Options

Lindsey Coulson almost quit EastEnders according to DTC

jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
Forum Member
I was reading DTC's interview from Inside Soap and I was surprised to hear that Lindsey Coulson was supposed to leave EastEnders with Michael French. Carol and David were supposed to leave in January 2014. But DTC persuaded Michael French to stay for an extra 6 months and Lindsey Coulson agreed to stay for the cancer storyline.

DTC misses Pat and wants to bring her back from the dead but knows he can't do it. He wondered why Pat was killed off :(

Stacey will have big storylines in 2015. Interesting to hear from DTC that Lacey Turner asked him if she could come back to the show.

Comments

• Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems all of them are pissed Pat was killed off. Kirkwood has a lot to answer for. Worst producer EastEnders ever had, period.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Thank god Lindsey changed her mind. :)
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    I was reading DTC's interview from Inside Soap and I was surprised to hear that Lindsey Coulson was supposed to leave EastEnders with Michael French. Carol and David were supposed to leave in January 2014. But DTC persuaded Michael French to stay for an extra 6 months and Lindsey Coulson agreed to stay for the cancer storyline.

DTC misses Pat and wants to bring her back from the dead but knows he can't do it. He wondered why Pat was killed off :(

Stacey will have big storylines in 2015. Interesting to hear from DTC that Lacey Turner asked him if she could come back to the show.

Yes, I can't believe Pat's dead, it's disgusting and makes me feel a bit sick actually! I hope Carol stays! Hopefully, she will now!
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She probably realised she wouldn't find any work elsewhere.
  • Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

What? Lindsey Coulson is a great Actress and has worked outside of EastEnders.
  • Options
    The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member
    Could anyone post a link pretty please?
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,315
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »

Yes it's extremely harder for actors to get roles these days sadly.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kirkwood should be blacklisted from every production company in the country. Useless.
  • Options
    jamesc_715jamesc_715 Posts: 8,505
    Forum Member
    Could anyone post a link pretty please?
    It's in the magazine. I will type everything when I get back home later (if someone else hasn't done it) :)
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    So both Lindsey Coulson and Linda Henry almost left? I'm glad they didn't. I wonder how many others almost left...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jamesc_715 wrote: »
    It's in the magazine. I will type everything when I get back home later (if someone else hasn't done it) :)

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TellMeMore wrote: »
    Kirkwood should be blacklisted from every production company in the country. Useless.

To be fair, Lorraine Newman was in charge. And Bryan Kirkwood did give her Billie's death, which she was praised for.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, Lorraine Newman was in charge. And Bryan Kirkwood did give her Billie's death, which she was praised for.

I was referring to him killing off Pat.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff, thanks for that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TellMeMore wrote: »
    I was referring to him killing off Pat.

Ah, I see. In that case I apologise and I wholeheartedly agree. A petition, perhaps? ;)
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,315
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    So both Lindsey Coulson and Linda Henry almost left? I'm glad they didn't. I wonder how many others almost left...

Jo Joyner, Laurie Brett, Nina Wadia, Barnara Windsor and Pam St Clement all big names had been with the show for years and all quit during the past couple of years.

Spot the theme.
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she almost quit and was convinced to stay for the cancer storyline doesn't that mean she'll be off again if nothing else is on the horizon for her? Carol's options are limited now Bianca and the kids are gone.

Killing Pat off was a horrible mistake that was evident from the moment it was announced. The BBC should have stepped in and prevented it. I don't understand why they let Kirkwood get away with it. Soaps are nothing without their identities and Pat, having spent most of the show's existence being part of that identity, should not have been killed if the actress was willing to return. Characters like Pat don't grow on trees.

I'm not suprised Lacey asked to return. Her other roles were Stacey with another name from what I saw. Might as well play the real thing rather than cheap knock offs.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lacey Turner asked him if she could come back, I'm surprised, I thought she did quite well outside of the soap, wonder what made her wants to return, Job security? or she missed the role perhaps.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I reckon we could forgive bringing Pat back from the dead. Just have her walk back in and not mention her ever being gone. I would turn a blind eye just this once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    Just imagine how different things would of been if DTC was in charge back then.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    I reckon we could forgive bringing Pat back from the dead. Just have her walk back in and not mention her ever being gone. I would turn a blind eye just this once.

This! It's no more ridiculous than the stuff Berkwood is now churning out on Hollyoaks. If Pat had died in circumstances like Kathy's or Cindy's, no doubt she'd be back (and theirs were pretty final.)
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can tell DTC is furious Pat was killed off. It was an unfathomably stupid decision, I can't believe the BBC didn't step in to prevent it (yet they stepped in when Kirkwood planned to kill Charlie Slater :confused:)
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    You can tell DTC is furious Pat was killed off. It was an unfathomably stupid decision, I can't believe the BBC didn't step in to prevent it (yet they stepped in when Kirkwood planned to kill Charlie Slater :confused:)

That's because the actor complained to the head of the BBC. Goodness knows why he thought his bit player character was worthy of being kept alive indefinitely. I'd sooner have Pat out there somewhere ready to return any moment than that boring plank Charlie Slater. All he did was moan about his girls, order pints in The Vic and drive his taxi round in circles
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can bring pat back. All eastenders fan will be happy with a dallas moment so make it happen we need pat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    What? Lindsey Coulson is a great Actress and has worked outside of EastEnders.

Yes, but she is typecast. People would find it hard not to see her as anyone other than 'Carol Jackson'. Ditto Adam Woodyatt, Jake Wood, Steve McFadden, Barbara Windsor, Patsy Palmer, Pam St Clement, Letitia Dean, June Brown, Jessie Wallace, etc.