EE: Who Do You Think Lucy's Killer Is?

StykerStyker Posts: 49,856
Forum Member
There was a major spoiler going round reporting to give away who the killer was. Did those of you who might have read that believe that is the actual storyline and the killer mentioned in that spoiler is the actual killer?

The person listed in that spoiler was.......
Les Cocker!

p.s.. The info in the spoiler might have been mentioned in other posts. Don't read on if you don't want to come across a potential spoiler.

Comments

• Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cocker? :eek:
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DTC revealed that they changed the identity of the killer so its possible that when this was revealed (assuming its true) they changed the killer.

This also happened with Wrchies killer as the original killer was Peggy. When they found out Babs was leaving, the killer was changed to Stacey
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IanMandy wrote: »
    DTC revealed that they changed the identity of the killer so its possible that when this was revealed (assuming its true) they changed the killer.

This also happened with Wrchies killer as the original killer was Peggy. When they found out Babs was leaving, the killer was changed to Stacey

Except it's been stated twice that the change came during the planning stage and no change has been made since the story started airing.

I also think they changed it from Peggy to Stacey before Archie was killed onscreen.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The killer's identity was changed before scripts for this story were written.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a597473/eastenders-boss-denies-lucy-beale-killer-change.html#~oQkJWO2P8fSZ3e

So it had nothing to do with that "leak".
  • StykerStyker Posts: 49,856
    Forum Member

Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Except it's been stated twice that the change came during the planning stage and no change has been made since the story started airing.

I also think they changed it from Peggy to Stacey before Archie was killed onscreen.

They seem to be backing off from that now or are giving mixed messages imo. I think the spoiler going round might be correct.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a597473/eastenders-boss-denies-lucy-beale-killer-change.html#~oQkKOaeQ4AaY8r
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Maybe they said that though so nobody would realise that EastEnders killer had been leaked. I noticed how they didnt reveal who the original killer was to keep suspense so if they implied it was due to the leak, then he would have been ruled out. By saying that it was changed at the beginning, he is still in the running according ro viewers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they said that though so nobody would realise that EastEnders killer had been leaked. I noticed how they didnt reveal who the original killer was to keep suspense so if they implied it was due to the leak, then he would have been ruled out. By saying that it was changed at the beginning, he is still in the running according ro viewers

Well of course they're not going to say who it changed from, that would be stupid.

If he didn't want anyone to know that the leak was real and had been changed afterwards..... he wouldn't have said anything.

The fact he felt the need to mention it was a part of explaining what his intention was with the story. They had a killer in mind but when they crafted the type of storyline they wanted it to be, that person didn't fit the vision.

Makes me think it's a family member. They wanted that tragic, heartbreaking, family link murder like Broadchurch. So it was changed from "Lucy is murder by _____" to the "Broadchurch style tragic death at the hands of [insert close family member]".

But overall I always thought that the Les Coker theory was false because it doesn't fit any description of the story from the very first article announcing she would be killed off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    They seem to be backing off from that now or are giving mixed messages imo. I think the spoiler going round might be correct.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a597473/eastenders-boss-denies-lucy-beale-killer-change.html#~oQkKOaeQ4AaY8r

They haven't backed off from it. :confused:

That article clarifies that the killer was changed during the creation of the storyline last year.

The Les Coker theory floated around about a month after Lucy died on screen.

Basically, they decided to kill Lucy off and decided she would be killed by X. Then when they were developing the storyline(s) that would lead to her death X no longer fit and became Y. :D
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is either Max or Dean.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well of course they're not going to say who it changed from, that would be stupid.

If he didn't want anyone to know that the leak was real and had been changed afterwards..... he wouldn't have said anything.

The fact he felt the need to mention it was a part of explaining what his intention was with the story. They had a killer in mind but when they crafted the type of storyline they wanted it to be, that person didn't fit the vision.

Makes me think it's a family member. They wanted that tragic, heartbreaking, family link murder like Broadchurch. So it was changed from "Lucy is murder by _____" to the "Broadchurch style tragic death at the hands of [insert close family member]"

If thats the case, then will likely be Denise or Jane. Adam said he hoped that he isnt the killer as it would result in his exit, this means that he hasnt quit and i doubt Ian would be axed. I also cant see them getting rid of the only other Beale in the show.

Although Denise was in Oxford and returned to the house after Lucy left the square, it is possible Dee bumped into her on the square and argued with her etc. As for Jane, i cant help but wonder if she was brought back for a big story ie Lucys murder
    Forum Member
    They haven't backed off from it. :confused:

That article clarifies that the killer was changed during the creation of the storyline last year.

The Les Coker theory floated around about a month after Lucy died on screen.

Basically, they decided to kill Lucy off and decided she would be killed by X. Then when they were developing the storyline(s) that would lead to her death X no longer fit and became Y. :D

Could you please stop mentioning what was in the spoiler?

It might be the case that the spoiler had the original story and not the one they changed it too.
  • The Queen VicThe Queen Vic Posts: 5,775
    Forum Member

Everyone read this. Tells you everything you need to know about this theory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could you please stop mentioning what was in the spoiler?

It might be the case that the spoiler had the original story and not the one they changed it too.

So in which case it isn't a spoiler at all.

A spoiler is a confirmed fact that hasn't yet aired. A theory floating around the internet is just that, a theory.
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing Abi.
    Forum Member
    So in which case it isn't a spoiler at all.

A spoiler is a confirmed fact that hasn't yet aired. A theory floating around the internet is just that, a theory.

But we don't know if it is or isn't but what i stated/revealed in the opening post was passed off as a spoiler so you should have used the spoiler bracket too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Keep changing my mind between Abi and Peter.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tracy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Ben. He was out of prison, and was in the area she died. He's killed before and could easily kill again.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I'm sticking to Lola.

I'm hoping Peter dies at Christmas, the same way and killed by the same person.
    Forum Member
    Stereofam wrote: »
    Ben. He was out of prison, and was in the area she died. He's killed before and could easily kill again.

Ben's return wasn't in talks until after Lucy's on-screen death.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But we don't know if it is or isn't but what i stated/revealed in the opening post was passed off as a spoiler so you should have used the spoiler bracket too.

Pass it off as a spoiler all you want, it isn't one.

I could come up with a theory that makes Mick Carter the murderer, doesn't make it a spoiler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    Ben's return wasn't in talks until after Lucy's on-screen death.

That was when it was announced, we don't know how long before they were plotting to bring him back.
    Forum Member
    Pass it off as a spoiler all you want, it isn't one.

I could come up with a theory that makes Mick Carter the murderer, doesn't make it a spoiler.

They should have checked for wheelchair tracks. I think it was Donna. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ever since Billy was the main suspect I've been thinking it was Lola. I don't have any concrete evidence but I've come to this conclusion from a few throwaway lines that stood out to me.

The first hint came when Phil suggested that BIlly pin the blame on someone else who had access to Aleks' keys. Phil used the line "You're not the only one who lives in that flat". Obviously the viewers were then reminded that Peter also lives there with no mention of the third resident: Lola.
    I'd say this first one is the least convincing as nobody was seriously suggesting that anyone in Billy's flat actually did it. The area and people surrounding Billy's flat have had a lot of attention in this storyline, though.

In the next episode, after Lola is told about what Billy had been doing in Aleks' flat she says without hesitation that she "knows" he didn't kill Lucy. I found the choice of words interesting. There's only one way that Lola could truly know that Billy didn't do it and that would be if she knew who actually did. I do understand that there's a chance she's not professing absolute certainty and just wants Billy to know that she trusts him.

Finally, shortly after Jay was questioned by police for a robbery, Lola showed an unusual eagerness to provide Jay with an alibi by saying "You could say you were with me". Again, this could be because she's loyal to her friends and family. However, it could also be that her eagerness came from needing her own alibi for the night Lucy died.

All these small lines seem to require no explanation by themselves. If Lola is revealed as the killer, with hindsight they would all stand out as clear hints. I haven't noticed any suspicious behaviour from anyone else, so for now my bet's on Lola.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    They should have checked for wheelchair tracks. I think it was Donna. :D

:D:D:D