Dying cat

2»

Comments

• curmycurmy Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so sorry you're cat's been put to sleep Sal , it must be terribly upsetting for you (HUGS)
  • SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all your messages of sympathy. We miss them both so much. The worst is not being greeted in the morning by two smiling (lol) faces miaowing hello and not having them sitting on our laps in the evenings. It's also difficult getting out of the routine of feeding them, checking they have access to the cat flap etc etc

Looked in the local newspaper and on the noticeboard in Sainsburys but no notices for kittens. My daughters have been googling and checking the rescue centres. Nothing. Apparently there's a REAL shortage:(

We'll just have to be patient and vigilant...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ((((SuperSal1))))

I'm so sorry :(

Your post about trying to find kittens at this time of year really bought back memories for me. A few years ago our beloved old cat (also named George) had to be PTS two days before Christmas. We were all devastated. We also wanted a new kitten ASAP and we rang/visited every pet shop/rescue centre possible and nobody had any. The nice lady at our local petshop took pity on us and rang round all her contacts and through her persitance and kindness we managed to locate our new little guy Chester.

I really wish you all the luck in the world of finding some very lucky new cats to share your life with. I'm sure Jelly and George would approve xx
  • yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You certainly have my sympathies too. Regardless it is not an easy decision to make.

Our old cat Yorkie, who was 15 this year, is stating to fade. After a bad bout of cystitis earlier this year she is definately not the same cat. She has lost weight, generally lethargic, sleeping more and has taken to "weeing" on the furniture. But, she is still enjoying life I think, not suffering, eating and responding to us. She will be up one day and down the next. Luckily we have a very good vet and we trust him. If Yorkie deteriorates in any way then off to the vet she will go. If she needs treatment she will get it. A time will come when the inevitable will happen. That may be a month or even a year or three down the line. Who knows for sure?

Pets to the vast majority of people bring an enormous amount of pleasure. They are definately worth having.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Lost my beautiful cat yesterday. She had an over active thyroid and was on medication but I could see she was getting weaker and had her booked in to the vets today to put her to sleep. I was preparing for it but when you see a little body that could take no more then it's heart breaking.

She was nearly 18 and was never ill and had a happy long life so I can't complain but going to miss her so much. Her brother went early last year with the same thing.

We all know the day will come when you have to say goodbye but still hard to accept.
  • wildpumpkinwildpumpkin Posts: 1,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Goodwin, I'm so sorry :cry: She knew she was loved.
  • GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    Thank you wildpumpkin.

I am very lucky that I had two of the most loving daftest cats and they gave me so much pleasure since I had them as kittens.

I could not have loved them any more.
  • SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Goodwin:
    I am very lucky that I had two of the most loving daftest cats and they gave me so much pleasure since I had them as kittens.

A BIG FAT ditto!

And I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    Goodwin wrote: »
    Thank you wildpumpkin.

Sorry to hear your news. Big hugs.

Although that title of two daftest cats - I know I could have taken you on with that, with my two :) They bring us joy - so in your upset now just remember the smiles xxx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there, I know just how you're feeling, I lost 2 cats within 6 months of each other and miss them every single day. I still have 3, but still miss the other 2 terribly. But I cherish every moment I had with them.

I hope you get some kittens soon.